McCain - Palin -- Pure Political Move

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Just like more Offshore Oil Drilling is only a Political move for more votes so is choosing Gov. Sarah Palin as VP. It is an attempt to placate not only the far right (she's anti abortion, anti gay rights (at least 4 speakers stood up and supported gay rights at the Dem convention)), but it is a cheap attempt to grab the dis-enfranchised Clinton voters.

Problem is she has been governor only 2 years. Is she ready to be Commander In Chief when he dies in office? The experience argument puts her and Obama almost on the same track.

She is under investigation for influencing the outcome of her brother-in-law's arrest for pshycially abusing his wife (her sister).

Although I have not heard anyone say it yet, she is probably a huge Big Oil company supporter.

This is a blatant attempt to poke a hole in the Obama baloon that was raised in the last 4 days and it will succeed.

The Obama-Biden campaign needs to jumpt on this like flies to :rolleyes:

This will be another close Presidential Election race that will be decided by hanging chads and the supreme court!

God help us all! Get out and vote folks!

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
Just like more Offshore Oil Drilling is only a Political move for more votes so is choosing Gov. Sarah Palin as VP. It is an attempt to placate not only the far right (she's anti abortion, anti gay rights (at least 4 speakers stood up and supported gay rights at the Dem convention)), but it is a cheap attempt to grab the dis-enfranchised Clinton voters.

Problem is she has been governor only 2 years. Is she ready to be Commander In Chief when he dies in office? The experience argument puts her and Obama almost on the same track.

She is under investigation for influencing the outcome of her brother-in-law's arrest for pshycially abusing his wife (her sister).

Although I have not heard anyone say it yet, she is probably a huge Big Oil company supporter.

This is a blatant attempt to poke a hole in the Obama baloon that was raised in the last 4 days and it will succeed.

The Obama-Biden campaign needs to jumpt on this like flies to :rolleyes:

This will be another close Presidential Election race that will be decided by hanging chads and the supreme court!

God help us all! Get out and vote folks!

Well I for one as a Clinton backer am NOT impressed with McCain's pick for VP,,,I was going to vote for McCain over Obama,,but after his speech last night and after seeing McCain pick this no-name as his VP I am definately voting for Obama now

Last edited:
D

deleted142346

Yes but how big is her dick? Er, her husband's dick?

atomicTIGER

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
HOT? LOL get your eyes examined..she looks like a schoolmarmy soccer mom
Thats the look I like! I love soccer Moms!!! With cool sexy glasses!:smile: Very hot woman--but young enough to be George McCains granddaughter! Hhahahhaa!!!:biggrin1:

Last edited:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Say what you want about her...she has experience as a governor, which is far more hands on then the Senate...and she is the only "outsider" of the three.

She is further outside than Obama.

She has business experience, which Obama does not.

She shores up the conservative base for him, as well as possibly makes history as the first female VP.

Look at the two tickets...two candidates are relative novices...for the Repubs, it is the VP...for the Democrats, it is the POTUS candidate.

very shrewd move...i expected McCain would pick a woman...it was the smartest choice to make...she has little, to zero baggage...unlike other insiders

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Say what you want about her...she has experience as a governor, which is far more hands on then the Senate...and she is the only "outsider" of the three.

She is further outside than Obama.

She shores up the conservative base for him, as well as possibly makes history as the first female VP.

Look at the two tickets...two candidates are relative novices...for the Repubs, it is the VP...for the Democrats, it is the POTUS candidate.

very shrewd move...i expected McCain would pick a woman...it was the smartest choice to make...she has little, to zero baggage...unlike other insiders

Except that there is an ongoing investigation regarding her tampering with a criminal investigation.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Except that there is an ongoing investigation regarding her tampering with a criminal investigation.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

you think you were on this before the McCain folks and the entire RNC vetted her?

make sure you call McCain to tell him your conclusions about all the evidence in the investigation, in case he does not know as much as you about it.

They probably did not even know it was ongoing :rolleyes:

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We keep hearing about wanting to have all this political change....

Obama is fresh
Biden is old-ways

McCain is old-ways
Palin is fresh

Everyone has dirt, and Palin is no exception!

As for me, I'm tired of hearing about how we should pick Obama because he is not like Bush and doesn't side with Bush. I could care less what Bush did and don't expect a Democrat to side with a Republican anyways!?!? I want to hear what you are going to do besides hope and change, hope and change... and how you are going to do it.

I know, I know, go ahead and flame me. I'm not a supporter of either, but I am not going to get lost in the Beatle-mania that seems to be fervent these days....

Oh, and just a side note - if you are looking to flame me - I am never going to check this post ever again so don't expect a response. :cool:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

you think you were on this before the McCain folks and the entire RNC vetted her?

make sure you call McCain to tell him your conclusions about all the evidence in the investigation, in case he does not know as much as you about it.

They probably did not even know it was ongoing :rolleyes:

I have no idea as to the merits of the investigation. But it is an investigation. I would imagine it'll "come up" in the next two months. :rolleyes: It's not whether she "did it". It's the spectre of scandal that can do as much damage as any actual wrongdoing.

Of course she was "vetted". Doesn't change the fact that she's under investigation.

D

deleted213967

Pure political move?

One should hope it was not a sexual move :biggrin1:

uniqueusername

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
From her Wikipedia article:

Experience: Palin served two terms on the Wasilla City Council from 1992 to 1996. In 1996, she challenged the incumbent mayor, criticizing wasteful spending and high taxes. The ex-mayor and sheriff tried to organize a recall campaign, but failed. Palin kept her campaign promises, reducing her own salary, as well as reducing property taxes by 60%. She ran for reelection against the former mayor in 1999, winning by an even larger margin. Palin was also elected president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin#cite_note-Palin-bio-7

Ethics: Highlights of Governor Palin's tenure include a successful push for an ethics bill, and also shelving pork-barrel projects supported by fellow Republicans. Palin successfully killed the Bridge to Nowhere project that had become a nationwide symbol of wasteful earmark spending. "Alaska needs to be self-sufficient, she says, instead of relying heavily on 'federal dollars,' as the state does today." She has challenged the state's Republican leaders, helping to launch a campaign by Lieutenant Governor Sean Parnell to unseat U.S. Congressman Don Young and publicly challenging Senator Ted Stevens to come clean about the federal investigation into his financial dealings. In 2007, Palin had an approval rating often in the 90s. A poll published by Hays Research on July 28, 2008 showed Palin's approval rating at 80%.

Governor Murkowski appointed Palin Ethics Commissioner of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, where she served from 2003 to 2004 until resigning in protest over what she called the "lack of ethics" of fellow Alaskan Republican leaders, who ignored her whistleblowing complaints of legal violations and conflicts of interest.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin#cite_note-Sarah-4 After she resigned, she exposed the state Republican party's chairman, Randy Ruedrich, one of her fellow Oil & Gas commissioners, who was accused of doing work for the party on public time, and supplying a lobbyist with a sensitive e-mail.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin#cite_note-15 Palin filed formal complaints against both Ruedrich and former Alaska Attorney General Gregg Renkes, who both resigned; Ruedrich paid a record $12,000 fine.

Gay Rights: Palin's first veto was used to block legislation that would have barred the state from granting benefits to the partners of gay state employees. In effect, her veto granted State of Alaska benefits to same-sex couples. The veto occurred after Palin consulted with Alaska's attorney general on the constitutionality of the legislation.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin#cite_note-365gay-33

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
I have no idea as to the merits of the investigation. But it is an investigation. I would imagine it'll "come up" in the next two months. :rolleyes: It's not whether she "did it". It's the spectre of scandal that can do as much damage as any actual wrongdoing.

Of course she was "vetted". Doesn't change the fact that she's under investigation.

McCain, um Rove (who really runs the campaign and will run the white house), is extremely shrewd. Fact is that Obama won't touch this due to it is wife beating. If he did, he would loose *all* the female votes.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media

Maybe BIG OIL business, yea but business in general? NOT!

This is a pure political move to bring together social and economic conservatives and pull in the female vote. She will do nothing other than promote pro life (with her 5 kids one of which has Downs syndrome that will pull at the female voter heart strings), pro Big Oil, anti-gay religious right, can't think for themselves and need someone to tell them what to think and do, agenda.

Just like I would shudder at the thought of having Nancy Palosi as president, I shudder even more thinking of this chick.

However, checking out the other posts here, it appears that this will also succeed at appealing to the male sex drive. It is a statement of how no one really takes any of this seriously and they were going to vote for Hillary only on her husband's record and they will vote for Palin due to she's hot! You won't think she's so hot when the Supreme Court takes away your rights!
:eek:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

and if it was a problem, they wouldn't have touched her as a candidate.

I would say they know what is going on far in advance of the posters of LPSG like you and I.

I seriously doubt it will be as big a deal as a pastor spewing hate speech.