Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
not really...going through a primary process and debates does not make you more experienced or a better legislator or anything like that...you are just campaigning...and missing votes at your real job.

The same applies to Biden though...the people did not pick him...OBama and the DNC did...and apparently, the Hillary supporters were pretty ticked of that she did not get a serious look.

As for Obama being "chosen", this was hardly unanimity, no matter what PR flacks are saying now...this was an ugly and divisive split.

The choice of Palin still illustrates though, that inexperience is best left in the VP slot and not at the top of the ticket

I think you just ignored or missed my point completely, but it's not that important. I agree with you about hemp...they're years behind on legalization.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
not really...going through a primary process and debates does not make you more experienced or a better legislator or anything like that...you are just campaigning...and missing votes at your real job.

The same applies to Biden though...the people did not pick him...OBama and the DNC did...and apparently, the Hillary supporters were pretty ticked of that she did not get a serious look.

As for Obama being "chosen", this was hardly unanimity, no matter what PR flacks are saying now...this was an ugly and divisive split.

The choice of Palin still illustrates though, that inexperience is best left in the VP slot and not at the top of the ticket

Hey, you're saving everybody from having to watch Britt Hume, Sean Hannity, et. al.

Well done!

D

deleted3782

For those who are wondering who the fuck this woman is...

From Fox News (letting the conservatives speak for themselves) Sarah Palin Seen as GOP Rising Star - America’s Election HQ

Sarah Palin, John McCain’s vice presidential pick and the first female governor of Alaska, is seen as a rising star within the Republican Party.

She became the youngest person to assume the top office of the 49th State in 2006. Her anti-abortion stance is certain to appeal to evangelicals, while her views on the threats of climate change mirror those of Senator McCain.

“Palin is becoming a star in the conservative movement, a fiscal conservative in a state that is looking like a boondoggle for pork barrel spending,” Republican pollster Kellyanne Conway has said. “She’s young, vibrant, fresh and now, and a new mother of five. She should be in the top tier. If the Republican Party wants to wrestle itself free from the perception that it is royalist and not open to putting new talent on the bench, this would be the real opportunity.”

Palin’s presence adds youth to a McCain ticket, but it is her gender that could help sway women, especially the “security moms” who helped President Bush win re-election in 2004, to vote GOP.

Born in Sandpoint, Idaho, on Feb. 11, 1964, Palin moved with her family at the age of three months to Wasilla, Alaska, though she returned to her birth state to attend the University of Idaho, where she studied journalism and graduated in 1987 with a bachelor’s degree.

Palin is the mother of five children — Bristol, Willow, Piper, Track and Trig, who was born in April with Down syndrome.

She grew up in Wasilla, just outside of Anchorage, played on Wasilla’s state champion girls’ basketball team in 1982, wore the crown of Miss Wasilla in 1984 and competed in the Miss Alaska contest.

She began her professional career as a television sports reporter, but after she married her husband, Todd, she helped run his family’s commercial fishing business. Other professional endeavors included the ownership of a snow machine, watercraft and all-terrain-vehicle business.

She ran for Wasilla City Council in 1992, winning her seat by opposing tax increases. Four years later, she was elected mayor of Wasilla at age 32 by knocking off a three-term incumbent.

At the end of her second term, party leaders encouraged her to enter the 2002 race for the Republican nomination for lieutenant governor. Against veteran legislators with far more experience, Palin finished second by fewer than 2,000 votes, making a name for herself in statewide politics.

Palin had exceptionally high approval ratings through mid-2007 and received high marks for her accessibility, a change from Frank Murkowski’s administration.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

after hearing Obama last night and I am definately voting for Obama. Palin? who the fuck is that? lol...

Who the fuck is Obama??As part of the Chicago political machine, he was fixing parking tickets 2 years ago.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
She is pro-life. She favors the teaching of "Creationism" in schools. She is under a cloud of an ethics investigation in her own state. She has publicly spoken in favor of OBAMA's energy policy. If McCain thought she would attract disaffected Hillary voters, he was WRONG! Plus she has NO idea what the VP does and has publicly dissed the office of the VP. In her own words:

YouTube - Gov. Sarah Palin on the Wooten scandal and VP

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
She's an interesting choice -- she'll give McCain a "media bump" over the weekend because of her unexpectedness, and that'll blunt the discussion of Obama's speech from last night. Strategically, it'll pay off in the short run.

On the other hand, in a couple of weeks, she'll have to debate on national television with Joe Biden, and that's going to be revealing. Palin's never had a role in national politics or foreign policy, and she's only served at the state level for a year and a half -- prior to that, she was the mayor of a small city.

She's making her acceptance speech now, and so far I've seen two opportunities for fact-checking, but I expect that little will be made of that in the traditional media, while they continue to marvel about what a "game-changer" she is.

I expect the next week or so to be interesting. He certainly could have picked much worse.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hilarious and pathetic at the same time. HE could have picked Condi Rice, and actually had a chance.. instead he picks a backwoods mayer and 1 term governor of one of the least populous states.

He picked her because she has a pussy.

And McCain actually could die in office.

this is so pathetic. So fucking pathetic.

And Obama's speech last night was fucking golden.

GAME OVER

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
She is pro-life. She favors the teaching of "Creationism" in schools. She is under a cloud of an ethics investigation in her own state. She has publicly spoken in favor of OBAMA's energy policy. If McCain thought she would attract disaffected Hillary voters, he was WRONG! Plus she has NO idea what the VP does and has publicly dissed the office of the VP. In her own words:

I think she'd make one of the greatest school board chairmen of history.

D

deleted3782

I'm glad that we are fairly certain to have either a woman or an African-American in the Executive Branch next year, but if the country is to preserve a balanced Supreme Court, then there remains only one candidate.

It will also be interesting to see how this plays among the conservative male core of the Republican party. I think uber conservative males like my brother will still bristle at the notion of a woman in the second highest office in the country, even if his political sherpa Rush Limbaugh loves Palin to death.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do the words "Dick Cheney" ring a bell??? It would've been much better these last eight years if VP's didn't do anything.

oh i see...so she is now going to be the "power behind the throne" ?

aside from Cheney, (and the dubious conspiracy theories about him "running everything") when was the last VP to "run the show" ?

it is hysterical to listen to the far left and far right theories on each other...

it would be a hoot if it wasn't such a pathetic example of how partisan politics and the two corrupt parties and the people who STILL vote for them have ruined everything.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Thanks for this youtube...who would ever say "What does the VP do" when in the running for it. She would like to pick up the Hil votes but the Hil women will not be happy just because this gal has a va-jay-jay. They won't vote for this extreme right wing pro lifer. AND in other news...Tina Fay and Megan Mullally wrestle for who will play her on SNL

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm glad that we are fairly certain to have either a woman or an African-American in the Executive Branch next year, but if the country is to preserve a balanced Supreme Court, then there remains only one candidate.

It will also be interesting to see how this plays among the conservative male core of the Republican party. I think uber conservative males like my brother will still bristle at the notion of a woman in the second highest office in the country, even if his political sherpa Rush Limbaugh loves Palin to death.

i think he and others will be fine with her.

she is pro-life, pro-nra, she was a member of the fellowship of christian athletes, she hunts, she fishes, she is a family values type, smart, young attractive etc. etc. only the most psychotic right winger would have a problem with her...(there are plenty of those, but even they won't take the risk of having Obama as their president...i suspect they'd rather have a woman VPOTUS then a black (and extremely liberal) POTUS

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hilarious and pathetic at the same time. HE could have picked Condi Rice, and actually had a chance.. instead he picks a backwoods mayer and 1 term governor of one of the least populous states.

He picked her because she has a pussy.

And McCain actually could die in office.

this is so pathetic. So fucking pathetic.

And Obama's speech last night was fucking golden.

GAME OVER

LOL....maybe you are just scared underneath it that the power of picking someone with a pussy could end Obama's chances. As for Obama's speech last night, which i did not bother to watch, it is now already overshadowed at a surprise pick and a woman VP candidate at that. McCain and Palin both have a bit of maverick in them, and are not well liked by the far right at all...he just gave moderate democrats and women an added reason to switch.

just make sure you are back in this thread to rant if it turns out you are wrong.