McCain picks Palin? as VP? LOL

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She would like to pick up the Hil votes but the Hil women will not be happy just because this gal has a va-jay-jay. They won't vote for this extreme right wing pro lifer.

only a fool thinks he knows what goes on in the mind of a woman. :cool:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey, you're saving everybody from having to watch Britt Hume, Sean Hannity, et. al.

Well done!

why would you watch them or any other news commentators for that matter?

I am lucky in that i don't trust any of them...republicans or democrats...but as an impartial observer, this was a very good move for the republicans...as an independent, who won't vote for either party, ever, i thought it was quite a great move.

They are essentially getting rid of Bush for two far more palatable options to the american people...a guy who hated Bush, and a young, vibrant, smart, savvy woman. Regardless of whether you agree completely with their politics, McCain/Palin looks a hell of alot more appealing than Bush/Cheney

D

deleted3782

In comparing education backgrounds:

McCain: Graduated from the United States Naval Academy at Annapolis in 1958 with a specialization in... (Aviation?).

Palin: Graduatated with a B.A. in journalism from the University of Idaho where she also minored in politics in 1987.

Obama: Studied at Occidental College for two years before he then transferred to Columbia University, where he with a B.A. in political science with a specialization in international relations in 1983. Graduated from Harvard Law School with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) magna cum laude in 1991.

Biden: Graduated in 1965, from the University of Delaware where he double-majored in history and political science. He went on to receive his J.D. from Syracuse University College of Law in 1968.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
why would you watch them or any other news commentators for that matter?

Entertainment. Like Benny Hill, or Hour of Power.

I am lucky...as an impartial observer...

C'mon. You keep saying you're impartial, but you keep arguing passionately for the republicans. :biggrin1:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Okay,,,I was someone who favored Hillary Clinton over Obama and I was going to vote for McCain over Obama in the general election,,? Way to go McCain..you just swayed this undecided Clinton backer to NOT vote for you.

THis I just don't get.... you can't have Hillary, so you would pick McCain?

That's like saying you can't have coffee, but fuck coca cola, you'll go for Hemlock.

If you back Hillary, it would be because of her POSITIONS...
And Obama's positions are the essentially the SAME as hers.

Hillary, in the Senate, would vote WITH OBama and vice versa because they would be pushing a similar agenda...

But McCain would be VETOING everything Hillary tried to get thru....

So what the fuck kind of logic can someone fail to employ to come up with, If not Hillary, then McCain?

I mean, I am glad you finally saw some reason to vote for the IDEAS in play rather than the personalities.... but I really don't get how anyone who claims to support Hillary could possibly opt to support some jackass who will decide on the next 3 justices- and pick religious nutjobs, erode women's rights, and resist ALL attempts at fixing both healthcare and the energy crisis.

Hillary would have preferred to be the nominee but she supports Obama because Obama is pushing HER agenda.

As to experience.... y'know what makes up for experience? Intelligence and judgement.

Obama has both in spades...

I am really really really way past ready for an intelligent president.

uniqueusername

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
senor rubirosa said:
I think she'd make one of the greatest school board chairmen of history.

New End said:
He picked her because she has a pussy.

And McCain actually could die in office.

I'm surprised to see all of this misogyny from what is otherwise a very socially tolerant board.

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
I'm surprised to see all of this misogyny from what is otherwise a very socially tolerant board.

First of all, no it isn't. neither misogyny or a socially tolerant board.

Second, give me some reasons why he would pick her over vastly more popular and experienced choices. Having a high approval rating in a state of 700k people doesn't convince me.

uniqueusername

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
First of all, no it isn't. neither misogyny or a socially tolerant board.

Second, give me some reasons why he would pick her over vastly more popular and experienced choices. Having a high approval rating in a state of 700k people doesn't convince me.

If those choices are so much more popular and experienced, why didn't Obama pick them?

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
I've been checking her out and I think she will be formidable. She may just create an Obama like buzz for the right.

All in all the Republicans made a shrewd and exquisitely timed move.

Last edited:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i think he and others will be fine with her.

she is pro-life, pro-nra, she was a member of the fellowship of christian athletes, she hunts, she fishes, she is a family values type, smart, young attractive etc. etc. only the most psychotic right winger would have a problem with her...(there are plenty of those, but even they won't take the risk of having Obama as their president...i suspect they'd rather have a woman VPOTUS then a black (and extremely liberal) POTUS

you miss the point... her positions and ethics issues make HER a psychotic right winger.

Any public official in favor of teaching ID in schools is contravening the constitution, and undermining the nation's technological economic base by eroding the quality of science education.

She would eliminate a woman's right to choose, forbid sex education in schools, and continue the republican attempts to turn this country into a theocracy.

That's right wing extremism in its most dangerous form

Her positions are predicated on delusion.

She an IDIOT like the last president.

And she has far more likelihood of becoming president than Obama's VP..

McCain is undoubtedly a good man.

But he shows poor judgement... poor control over his temper, and a genuine lack of raw intelligence.

We have had enough dimbiciles in high office.

Obama managed to identify, hire and manage one of the most effective campaign teams ever seen.
He was able to beat the Clinton's experience and connections to win the nomination.
He has the charisma and statesmanship to inspire the confidence of other world leaders.

This harsh democratic primary has been a true test of fire, and he handled himself and the media with professionalism and aplomb.

And he is on the side of the working person... rather than the corporate board member.

There is no other choice for any thinking person.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Entertainment. Like Benny Hill, or Hour of Power.

C'mon. You keep saying you're impartial, but you keep arguing passionately for the republicans. :biggrin1:

1. If i want to be entertained, watching news commentators would not be my first preference...:wink::smile:

2. I didn't say i was impartial...i said i was independent, and won't vote for either party. ( i never have since 1992, my first eligible election to vote)

I don't like either party, but i hope McCain will win, strictly for the self-interest of myself and my family as i said (income taxes, estate taxes, national security/defense) and McCain is the better choice for me and my life on those topics.

but i won't vote for him (or obama)

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If those choices are so much more popular and experienced, why didn't Obama pick them?

He picked Biden... Biden is very experienced.

Obama could not pick a woman without making that woman seem a substitute for Hillary.

The republicans made the only move they could think off.
The woman is a nobody because the republican party has not produced a prominent female politician... because its a club for bible thumping chauvinists.

So they scoured the field for a woman who they felt might be able to give a speech that would fire folks up... like the one the brought Obama to the fore...

But their choice entirely undermines ALL of their main criticisms of Obama.

She is even LESS experienced... and highly likely to finish McCains term.

It was nothing but an attempt to pander to the Hillary supporters who say they won't vote Obama...

It might just work...
Because any stupid shit who would go for McCain cause Hillary isn't the nominee is only voting on the basis of genitals... and not the platform the gentials espouse.

Voting for McCain because of this VP choice is like voting for Karl Rove, with a sex change.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
1. If i want to be entertained, watching news commentators would not be my first preference...:wink::smile:

2. I didn't say i was impartial...i said i was independent, and won't vote for either party. ( i never have since 1992, my first eligible election to vote)

I don't like either party, but i hope McCain will win, strictly for the self-interest of myself and my family as i said (income taxes, estate taxes, national security/defense) and McCain is the better choice for me and my life on those topics.

[baffled] :confused:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She is more than just a female vote.

NRA member.
Husband is in a union.
Fishes/hunts.
Went to college to be a sportscaster.
Soccer mom.
Pro-life.... freaking had a baby expected to have Down's syndrome.
Her son is going to Iraq.
Governor (4 of the 5 last presidents have been governors).
She's very attractive.

Democrats and liberals... are PISSED. They can't bash her, they are just bashing the tactic.

This will result in a HUGE swing. While the sound in back room of the Obama camp goes something like "shit. shit. shit. shit. shit.. goddamn shit."

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

If McCain wins, your family will lose.

The Republicans are not making EVERYONE rich... just their best buds who are already super rich.

Their policies are destroying the US military, and putting the nation into a debt that either YOU will have to pay... or that will result in general economic collapse.
They are not interested in 'protecting' the US... this war has been nothing but a way to borrow money agasint YOUR future earnings to hand over to their friends who donlt really even need it.

The days of the US being the biggest market are over.

China and India will eclipse the US in the next 4 years.

And "the invisible hand of the market" will slap us down hard in favor of whatever nation has the most consumers...

But the higher up republicans won't care... they will all move their primary residence to Bahrain... Like the Board of Halliburton already has.

You are a true republican... voting your own narrow self interest ( as you myopically see it) rather than the best interests of your nation and your fellow citizens.
Every man for himself...

Thanks for your worthless lack of contribution to civil society and the strength of your nation.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She is even LESS experienced... and highly likely to finish McCains term.

Wrong. She is actually more experienced than Obama, and the GOP is putting the lesser experienced in the #2 slot vs the Dem lesser experienced in the 1 slot. The fact that she is in an executive position vs. someone who shows up and votes (non-absent mostly).