McCain picks Palin? as VP? LOL

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think this chick was the best possible VP choice he could have made. Kind of a slap in the face to obama's "change" mantra...And all the obama fan boys should think twice about blowing her off, before she creeps up on yo ass and they take the presidency from you aloof cats. I would be concerned if I were a democrat (and I am, but I think you guys fucked up by nominating obama), so this one is on you.

You obviously dont anymore, since you called democrats "you guys", which means you don't consider yourself one... and I really never heard any opinion from you that could convince me otherwise, anyways.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You obviously dont anymore, since you called democrats "you guys", which means you don't consider yourself one... and I really never heard any opinion from you that could convince me otherwise, anyways.

I could care less about trying to convince anyone otherwise, hell at this point, I am borderline embarrassed to be a democrat. Bottom line is, the democrats have put themselves in a bad position. Instead of a virtual lock on the presidency for 16 years with Billary and Obama teamed up, all you fanboys got all excited and nutted too early like a 15 year old virgin on obama, and your going to be left cleaning up the mess (and blaming hillary supporters).

In fact, I think I am more democratic than any of you; because which candidate came out on top during the primary mattered little to me. What matters most to me is Democrats having control of the white house for as long as possible. To me it was common sense that if everyone grabbed their fucking nuts and put a ticket of Billary/Obama, it would have been a landslide. That would have been REAL party unity, not what we have now which is a facade and we all know it. And putting obama in now is setting him up for failure regardless. Then who do we have lined up after him? Who knows. But if he went in as VP with Billary than he would be next in line and I wouldn't have to worry about a republican in the white house til I was fucking 40.

All of the republicans attacks on obama would be eliminated after serving as VP for 8 years. That is experience. That is 16 years of Democratic reign. Now we are in a dog fight and about to get our (your) asses kicked. And it is kind of embarrassing that obama's people are now attacking the new republican vp candidate's "inexperience", I mean come the fuck on! I didn't think our democratic party was straight up ignorant! Glad you got rid of the pubic hair on the chin though man, it looks good.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Glad you got rid of the pubic hair on the chin though man, it looks good.

Old picture. :tongue:
I grow the goatee sometimes, sometimes I shave it....

...its not a big part of my personality, so when you try to insult it, I laugh. Its like you are insulting my shirt or something.

I know you love your hobo face hairs, though.

And dont worry, its gonna be a blowout.. Palin was a terrible, terrible choice. McCain stole no thunder from Obamas speech... he just made Obama look smarter.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Laughable...

Yeah... she'll pull in Alaska and end the Bob Barr threat!!

LOL!!!

ANGER!?? A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

YOU HAVE TO FEEL RIPPED OFF!!

DONT DENY IT!!

A HA HA HA HA HA HA

THIS IS A TERRIBLE CHOICE!!!

A HA HA HA HA HAH AH HA HA HA!!!

Fuckin' suicide, man, fuckin' suicide... off all the people he could have called up.... OHhhh man. Politics will change after this, people will see the VP slot is very important when picking a candidate... it just never seemed important, because no presidential candidate ever picked such a piss poor ticket polisher.

Watch the polls, buddy.. you'll see. HA HA HA HA!

I will watch the polls... but I won't be watching the general polls... because they are pointless since we elect our president via the electoral college system. Obama can get 20 million votes in California and McCain only 1... but it is still only 55 electoral votes.

Here's the map to look at: RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map

Here's an air canister you can find in any computer store, since your CAPS LOCK button seems to be freezing up a bit too much. In fact, here's a three-pack since I think you are going to need it: http://images.compusa.com/skuimages/large/Dust-off-dpsxl-main.jpg

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I will watch the polls... but I won't be watching the general polls... because they are pointless since we elect our president via the electoral college system. Obama can get 20 million votes in California and McCain only 1... but it is still only 55 electoral votes.

Here's the map to look at: RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map

Here's an air canister you can find in any computer store, since your CAPS LOCK button seems to be freezing up a bit too much. In fact, here's a three-pack since I think you are going to need it: http://images.compusa.com/skuimages/large/Dust-off-dpsxl-main.jpg

It must really suck to be you.

LoL

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nothing against a women in the White House as Pres or V-Pres. But, I think McCain is tryingto stir up the pot a little bit and gain those who were Hillary supporters. Nice try McCain. But, why would you pick a women that we know nothing or very little about? Bad, bad McCain.

OBama all the way!
Yeah, this morning on MSNBC, no one had a clue as to who McBush would pick. They were even floating around Jeb Bush's name. Can you imagine that? At least they didn't pick that Hollywood lockin' poligamy guy, what's his name?

T H E P A R T Y S O V E R for Republicans :confused:

Last edited:

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
God bless her, but I just can't get over her voice. It's an odd mixture of Julia Sweeney as "Pat Riley" and the female characters in Fargo. Even one of MSNBC's female commentators mentioned it as being "high" and "squeeky". It's known that female politicians many times are hampered for having these qualities to their voices. Hillary has even been ridiculed for the sound of her voice alone.

Having watched her live on TV and listening to what she had to say I must say that she seems like a nice enough lady and I don't foresee the hatred I have of the current V.P. continuing with her if she and Senator McCain win.

And she certainly looked a lot better than those early pictures we saw of her leading up to her speech.:biggrin1:

For those who are wondering who the fuck this woman is...

Palin is the mother of five children — Bristol, Willow, Piper, Track and Trig, who was born in April with Down syndrome.

OMG, she certainly is a Soccer or "Hockey" mom. Those are some horridly unfortunate names for kids. Track and Trig especially.:eek:

I'm glad that we are fairly certain to have either a woman or an African-American in the Executive Branch next year, but if the country is to preserve a balanced Supreme Court, then there remains only one candidate.

I share this sentiment. While watching her on TV this morning I just couldn't stop thinking to myself how amazing it would be to have either her or Senator Obama elected. They look nothing like the presidents and vice presidents of our nation's entire past and getting used to the idea of either of them in those positions sure is gonna be something wonderful.

You're reaching. Solid character nomination, but she helps with some battleground states.

Right now the concensus polling suggests it's: 273 - Obama, 265 - McCain

She helps get Ohio, energize the Florida panhandle, ensures Colorado, works well with Nevada, New Mexico, and potentially (although I'm not convinced) North Carolina and Virginia.

During the DNC I kept hearing people mention the West as some sort of superbloc whose inhabitants all think and vote alike and it annoys the hell out of me.

New Mexicans are nothing like Alaskans and I'm sure we don't share the values of states like Utah, so who knows how she'll do here to help the ticket.

MalakingTiti

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wouldn't have cared if McCain picked my grandmother, I wouldn't have voted for his stale ass. And she the greatest lady I know! It is mind boggling to me how when given the choice of Obama/Biden and McCain/????, anyone with a working brain could even consider McCain. But hey, that's just me.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

it is a masterstroke.

VP's don't really do anything at all.

It's obvious Flashy is unaware that Dick Cheney has actually presided as the president, pulling the strings behind Curious George for the last 7 years and 8 months.

Some people's children. Sigh.:nutkick:

D

deleted15807

I'm glad that we are fairly certain to have either a woman or an African-American in the Executive Branch next year, but if the country is to preserve a balanced Supreme Court, then there remains only one candidate.

This is the part that truly astounds me most people don't get. The number of 5-4 rulings against The Dark Side will be over. The Dark Side will take over the Supreme Court and then in flash it will be the 1900s all over. The Lochner era revisited. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lochner_era

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's obvious Flashy is unaware that Dick Cheney has actually presided as the president, pulling the strings behind Curious George for the last 7 years and 8 months.

Some people's children. Sigh.:nutkick:

ah yes...Cheney, the power behind the throne

he also ran texas as well I am sure, behind the scenes while W. was governor:rolleyes:

if you could conceivably put aside your conspiracy colored glasses for a moment, you would realize that Cheney is hardly the "power behind the throne"

there are plenty of other people like...oh i don't know...say Pappa Bush, James Baker, and other stalwarts who maybe...JUST maybe, have some input...

but yeah Cheney is running the whole show sort of like a dictator a powerful behind the scenes wizard :rolleyes:

I see his name signed on all the bills and presidential acts.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
She's TOTALLY HOT! I'd do her!

Oh yea!!! :biggrin1:

The best thing i have heard today is a take on the Clinton "its 3am" primary ad....

"its 3am, your children are asleep...there is a crisis on the other end of the world...and the person answering the phone is a redneck former-beauty queen" :rolleyes:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
maybe so, but in swoop, he took all theattention away from Obama's speech...the first woman VP candidate in 24 years...

he pretty much sealed the deal.

the VP spot is largely symbolic...Obama, being inexperienced, and claiming to be an outsider, takes an experienced insider...

McCain goes end around, and takes someone furthest away from washington he can, and a woman....

it is a masterstroke.

VP's don't really do anything at all.

He completely stole Obama's thunder.

I disagree...
It looks more like a failed cheap shot than an actual move toward setting history. The VP choice for McCain is about as "inexperienced" as Obama. They can't use the argument of experience against Obama anymore. On top of that, the maneuver is clearly being made in order to entice women who are pissed off that Hillary didn't get the Democratic nomination. In a way, that sends out a rather shallow insult to those undecided or disgruntled Hillary voters. They honestly think that all of the people who are still upset about the outcome of the Democratic Primary are middle-aged, hyper-feminist women.

If anything, this move shows that McCain is even more out of touch with America. Nothing against Palin as a whole, but McCain failed miserably with this selection. He should have went Romney.

uniqueusername

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Are you being willfully ignorant?

I asked why McCain didn't pick someone more popular and experienced. Obama wasn't picking Palin, and did pick a more popular and experienced person(than her) as his running mate.

Obama is a Democrat, not a Republican....your question makes no sense whatsoever.

It does serve to dodge my question, which was likely your reason for posting it. Shall I take that as you not knowing the answer?

Biden may have experience, but he certainly isn't popular. He got what, 9500 votes NATIONWIDE in the primary versus Hillary's 18 million? Sarah Palin has a 90% approval rating as governor of Alaska.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I disagree...
It looks more like a failed cheap shot than an actual move toward setting history. The VP choice for McCain is about as "inexperienced" as Obama. They can't use the argument of experience against Obama anymore. On top of that, the maneuver is clearly being made in order to entice women who are pissed off that Hillary didn't get the Democratic nomination. In a way, that sends out a rather shallow insult to those undecided or disgruntled Hillary voters. They honestly think that all of the people who are still upset about the outcome of the Democratic Primary are middle-aged, hyper-feminist women.

If anything, this move shows that McCain is even more out of touch with America. Nothing against Palin as a whole, but McCain failed miserably with this selection. He should have went Romney.

1. on the contrary. the inexperience thing works perfectly...whenever it is brought up or compared or contrasted, the point is illustrated that Palin running for Veep, Obama, for Prez...whose inexperience would be more worrying? the person who is a heartbeat away? or the person who is the heartbeat?

2. Say what you want about it...but even the women who were going to hold their nose and vote McCain, may be more encouraged to do so now...they know she is not going to have any significant power or policymaking input, as such, even though she has conservative credentials, she is not going to be enacting them. She is not a threat to them, she is not a fire and brimstone elitist guy.

She may be conservative, but she is not the typical republican in any way shape or form.

3. I disagree...it shows he is very in touch and knows exactly what he needs to shift the balance...he is a rich 72 year old male with a botoxed wife and has been in congress forever...

he selected a woman, who both her and her husband, are not at all rich, in fact have less of a net worth than probably half of what Obama likely made on his book after taxes.

her and her husband are both union members...she is fresh, from far away from Washington, is outdoorsy, was a commercial fisherman with her husband, is also a pilot, coaches and played basketball, is governor of a very independent oriented state, she is attractive, her husband is a champion snowmobiler and bluecollar field supervisor on the North Slope...

Obama has been seen shooting hoops, and being the man of the people etc., McCain is to old to do that...Palin...is going to be the people-friendly person, and they will actually use her to outshine McCain...she is going to be the fresh face and bring the energy...

she is going to shoot hoops with young women at schools all over the country, and be very good at it, McCain can't lift his arms, she will shoot threes with young women, who are 18 and 19 years old, and maybe undecided and may see the prospect of a woman, who they can relate to, as an incredible opportunity...

she is going to be seen fishing up a storm, jogging, meeting regular folks outside of the corridors of Washington, something Obama McCain and Biden even when they do it, still have that "senatorial" I'm from washington air.

she is folksy, smart, tough, she and her husband are going to be seen riding snowmobiles, relating very well to young people, something McCain does not do...she is perfect, and not to mention has a very good record, with virtually no blemishes since she is so new...

4. Rommney might have been the more polished choice, and from an economic and management standpoint, he is ten times better than McCain, Obama and Biden combined, but he also would have taken serious crap for being filthy rich, elitist and out of touch with the common man(and woman)

this is a brilliant move...nobody can cast her as an elitist, rich, or out oftouch, corrupt, "inside" etc...

she is just what he needed...the only way it could be better is if she was in her second term...but if you have a senator who is on the ticket with 3 years experience in the senate, half the time he has spent campaigning, 18 months as a governor with a very high approval rating equals that. She has been working for Alaska...not campaigning.

They are going to get her out front with the average people faster than you can say Alaska.

And i bet it is going to work.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For one, the inexperience thing on a presidential candidate vs a vice presidential candidate is different. In both reality and perception, regardless if McCain were to die tomorrow.

She actually has more experience than Obama...not much but some.

Besides, Obama voters and swing voters leaning his way don't seem to care what he hasn't done (or done), but we he's saying he's going to do. Obviously it seems to be fine as he leads the polls.

Likewise, I'm seeing (amidst all these angry angry leftist posts) that "the Republicans can't play the inexperience card anymore". Perhaps... but then why is the left keeping it alive in lashing out at her inexperience all over the place today. Whoops.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Likewise, I'm seeing (amidst all these angry angry leftist posts) that "the Republicans can't play the inexperience card anymore". Perhaps... but then why is the left keeping it alive in lashing out at her inexperience all over the place today. Whoops.

angry.

:rolleyes:

You wish.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Actually, I find cries of "inexperience" being trumpeted by a lot from Republicans in regards to Obama. McCain even said it himself several times. But I digress...

This odd VP selection is banking on the hopes that people (especially women) who are voting in November are picking more based on image and celebrity. It paints a picture that says women don't vote on issues. That women will go running to the Republican side just because there's "one of their kind" on the ticket. Same way that all black people were supposed to vote for Obama because he's "one of them".

Strategic, yes... but very insulting if you read between the lines. If McCain actually had a good stance on issues that really affected the working class, he'd rely on that instead of another smoke & mirrors maneuver such as this.