McCain taking a beating early...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Notaguru2, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Well, it appears that McCain is on the ropes already in ALL THREE battleground states that should decide the presidency; Florida, Ohio & Pennsylvania. There's even talk that Georgia is now in play for Obama. (I can't remember the last time a Dem won GA. Carter maybe?)

Quinnipiac: Obama Leads in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania -- Political Wire

The funny thing is, Obama hasn't even campaigned in Florida yet. lol. This year's election will make the Republican "sweep" of 1994 look like child's play. I can't wait!

It's a great time to be an American. Prosperity once again awaits us...

=)

2. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Oh god... this is pathetic. Do you really need to grandstand on LPSG. Especially with this drivel.

For one, you are following the same polls that had Kerry making a killing in states he lost the day of the election. For one, Obama is still in the "victory bandwagon" mode that Americans seem to always attach themselves. We (the public) barely have an idea how much of a ultra-left guy he is... and so on. It's early, and there is a long summer ahead.
    But since you brought it up...
    The most recent Florida poll was Rasmussen... and has McCain up 8%
    RacePollResultsSpreadFlorida: McCain vs. ObamaRasmussenMcCain 47, Obama 39McCain +8.0
    The most recent, again Rasmussen, just released this morning that McCain is up in Ohio by 1%.

In other words, zip it... let's not follow polls and let's actually bring up the issues.

3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Although I can't believe I'm in agreement with Faceking, I gotta say, at this point, the polls are meaningless except in the most abstract of terms.

4. Freddie53

Gold Member

I'm not sure though that a member can tell another member to zip it about any issue. This is his thread. I suggest if you don't want to read about polls this early in he election then don't click on this thread.

5. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Um, no. Why do people have such a hard time facing reality? You're clearly one that winces at the mere thought of Dem being in office. If you don't like a poll, find one you like (and I see you have done so).

On the other hand, I love polls. They are more reliable than they aren't. They change, but one thing is certain... McCain is taking a beating early.

By the way, the poll you quoted was a sample 1/3 the size of the poll I was looking at. lol

#5 Notaguru2, Jun 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  6. Hockeytiger

Hockeytiger Active Member

One has to remember that McCain hasn't had a substantial headline in almost 3 months now. It only makes sense that Obama would be profiting handsomely from the bitter and very publicized race he had with Clinton. If these numbers are still in place after labor day, then there's an issue for McCain.

7. Notaguru2

Gold Member

They're abstract for me as well. But, I sure like seeing Nobamatons cry in outrage when I report them =) Faceking fell right into my trap. lol

8. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Enlighten me - what headline should he have grabbed?

That...

1. his change in policy to start drilling offshore and in Alaska? The bill that Bush 41 signed banning drilling was supported by McCain. Now McCain is for drilling and its "long overdue"?

2. his refusal to support the closure of the so-called "ENRON" loophole which is largely responsible for our gas prices today? That his top energy advisors are the same people that constructed and lobbied for the loophole to remain open? While he has said that our energy policy needs to be looked at, he's said nothing about closing the loophole. In fact, his advisors are the ones fighting to protect it.

Are headlines of flip-flopping on hardcore election issues enough headlines for you? This guy floats with whatever direction the wind is blowing. Bill Clinton must be proud.

There's two headlines for you. I realize they aren't very positive, but feel free to retort with something more upbeat. I'll be waiting.

9. Notaguru2

Gold Member

10. faceking

Albums:
    Lordy, it wasn't meant literal, obviously. It was more around... stop grandstanding so early. It's like a fan blathering that his/her team is up by X points and the game just began.

11. faceking

Albums:
    (sorry wrong response)

Lordy, it wasn't meant literal, obviously. It was more around... stop grandstanding so early. It's like a fan blathering that his/her team is up by X points and the game just began.

12. faceking

Albums:
    God... I don't like Rasmussen... it was the most recent.. and you are missing the point.. that polls are going to be all over the place early. And besides... let's take the link you provide... 3% lead with a margin of error... to me is about even. Would you call that a "taking a beating early".

Thusly my point. It's even... We've yet to see these two compared on issues... especially issues Hillary couldn't touch in fear of losing her own constituents.

13. D_Marazion Analdouche

14. faceking

Albums:

15. HyperHulk

HyperHulk New Member

Albums:

16. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

A friend and I were discussing the Quinnipiac results and he truly believed it signaled the beginning of a broader shift towards Obama. I see it more as one of the first polls that will show people vacillating between the candidates. There are just too many undecided voters to make any forecasts until at least October, well, barring some sort of national emergency or major fuck up.

I like how the wives are stepping up their media presence, that will help define the candidates a bit. Although, I do feel Cindy Mccain may be a Kitty Dukakis-like albatross for Mccain and she should be very careful about the interviews she grants.

Still undecided on how I will vote... :(

17. D_Marazion Analdouche

18. faceking

Albums:
    Interestingly, in what counts... the electoral system... the only difference between Bush/Kerry outcome and current polls (take with many large grains of salt... many lib biased, sans Fox and a very few unbiased pollsters) for McCain/Obama...

Obama has Indiana, but leads by 0.5% (I call that a toss up) [11 votes]
    Missouri is a toss up [11 votes]
    Obama has strong lead in Colorado [9 votes]
    Nevada is a toss up [5 votes] (Harry Reid is a LOON by the way)
    Obama has Iowa strongly [6 votes]

Bush won Indiana handedly both times... and I think that could swing McCain's way.

The big unknown is Ohio. Quinn. is an academic institution (we know how that goes) and they only have Obama with 6%. Rasmussen has McCain at 1%. As of now Florida is going McCain's way... so looks like the Ohio economy will benefit from being perhaps THE battleground state.

19. faceking

Albums:
    Actually, I do need to caveat that Fox in the final polling before the election had Kerry +2% projected, one of less than 5% who had swung that way.

20. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Mccain's probably gonna be in jail by the end of the year anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted