McCain: Why so serious???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bobabooey69, Sep 27, 2008.

1. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have to say that I like McCain, I always respected him during his past.
    Believe it or not the first time I saw him was when he hosted SNL and he seemed very fun loving and happy.

But it seems the presidential race has changed him, his frustration during the debate seemed out of character. I doubt his anger was only aimed at Obama, I feel like his handlers are pushing him in directions where he doesn't want to go. The Palin pick, the campaign suspension, those seem like the desperate moves of a bunch of advisors and not himself.

I would be pissed off too if I had to walk such a delicate line...

2. lucky8

Gold Member

He's getting old. Go yell at an old man and see how he reacts

3. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    I'm not down on old people, but a psychologist friend of mine thinks McCain is showing the classic signs of pre-dementia. Luckily, the US would have the rock of Palin to fall back on if that turns out to be true.

4. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    A Republican president showing signs of dementia -- that would be unprecedented!

Apart from two of the past three (Reagan and Bush 43), of course.

5. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    You're honestly comparing an appearance on Saturday Night Live to the way he conducts himself in a presidential campaign? :confused:

That lunacy aside, I didn't witness Obama injecting one iota of humor into the debate whereas McCain did several times.

6. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

talk to you boy carter and Community Reinvestment Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia then your boy bill in 1995.

this is why were where we are. they forced lenders, fanny mae, freddie mac country wide into giving loans to minorities and risk loans (same song from obama) guess what they defaulted. big surpise. you want someone to blame blame them. I thought mcain was more jovial. he smiled much more than obama. O's inexperience showed.

7. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was comparing his demeanor and personality, read a bit better next time.:wink:

8. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well! That certainly refutes my assertion about dementia in Republican presidents!

Or maybe I should have mentioned Republican voters too.

9. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    I read it for what it is:

SNL = fun loving and happy

presidential race = frustrated and pissed off

If I had dipsticks like yourself berating me at every turn, I'd be pissed off as well. :smile:

10. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

I think your post shows extremely accurate sensitivity to the man.

McCain used to be much further out of alignment with the Republican dogma- a far more independent thinker.

I agree that he has been bent over double and forced to conform in ways that are personally rankling.

Republicans don't want 'leaders' as president- they want someone who will do whatever the republican party tells them to do.

Look how they treated Joe Wilson? A republican who voted for GW?
    He told the truth about the yellowcake story ( which is was the job they gave him )

ANd because he was unwilling to lie to support the Party line- they destroyed both him and his wife...the CIA nuke chaser.

The republicans are mean, cruel, dishonest and brutal- especially to anyone calling themselves republican who varies from the party doctrine.

11. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

PS- look how they treated the republican prosecutor of the Detroit Sleeper Cell...

They not only let the sleeper cell out of jail- they indicted their own prosecutor... for what?

For COMPLYING with a subpoena...

12. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, he deserves to berated now for completely selling out. But at least when he loses he can go back to being his old self again.

Draft saved Draft deleted