McDonald's French Fries

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i haven't eaten much fast food in ages...probably 15 years...but my one vice, the only fast food i ever still have, is about once a month i pop in to McDonald's to grab a Large french fries.

i used to love them and still do...they were crispy and delicious etc...

except all the most recent times i have done this, over the last few years, the fries tend to be a bit soggier, and what really makes me mad, is when they do not give you what you have asked for...

when you ask for a McDonald's fries, you should receive something that looks similar, but obviously, not exactly like this posed "glamor shot" from advertising...

http://www.gameguru.in/images/mcdonalds-fries-1.jpg

but as happens more and more, whether it is a function of simply lazy staff or franchise policy, you see them bring you your tasty large fries, only to notice, that the fries are barely peaking for dip in the middle of the carton...which is *INFURIATING*...

the carton should be filled so that fries are brimming out well over the top, obviously not necessarily neatly, but it is the *QUANTITY* that is important...

i finally, the other day got so upset by this, that i asked them to take it back and get me a real "Large fries".

I *HATE* complaining in restaurants and such...i do not do it unless something is so egregious, and even then i am apologetic about it...

so i nicely said to the checkout lady, "could you please take that one back or fill it up properly?" she said "what is wrong with it?" when i realized she was serious, i said "well, it is literally only half full of fries"...i motioned to the picture on the menu above the counter and said "my order should look similar to that"....(at this point, i felt like the Michael Douglas character in "Falling Down", who looks at his crummy hamburger and then looks at the glamor shot on the ad in the fast food joint he is in)

She said..."well it looks pretty similar...the fries just aren't sticking out like that"...so i said..."well, that is the point...it is only half full, of seemingly smooshed together fries and half cut fries, because obviously the full size fries would be sticking out the top if they were not chopped in half in the french fry holding basin, and then smooshed in to the bottom of the carton...mcDonalds fries are advertised to look something akin to that" (pointing to the ad)...this looks like a half empty carton...

she said "well you are going to have to take that up with the manager"

i was rather surprised, as one would think even the cashier would realize the difference, and correct the problem...but obviously this is endemic...so i asked her nicely to call the manager...

a minute later the manager came out, as i was standing to the side so as not to impede the others who were on line, which was not long and the place was not crowded...

i explained the situation to her, she was very nice and i explained that i loved mcdonalds fries, and simply wanted a hot, properly filled up large fries since that is what i paid for...she was very nice, waited for the next batch of fries, and filled mine first, full of crispy fries, jammed well over the top of the carton.

problem solved...however, this is obviously a rather regular occurrence, and i watched several orders filled while i waited and most were receiving similar fry orders to my initial one, and not really saying anything, as if they had just learned to expect this total lack of quality control etc.

what was even more upsetting, was that none of the cashiers or other people that fill the orders, seemed in the least bit concerned about making sure that the fry orders were made as close to properly as possible...this was not rocket science, and it did not take much effort to do it right...yet they all seemed to totally ignore this as they distributed order after order of fries...

what really sent me through the roof though secretly, was when i asked, as i have for decades and received 1 little thing of sweet n sour sauce and 1 little thing of BBQ sauce (that comes with the mcnuggets, but i like them with my fries) the cashier said "they are 16 cents each...how many would you like?", i was taken aback, as i had never been charged before...i really did not see why you can get 8 packs of ketchup free, but you cannot any longer get 1 little container of BBQ sauce instead...i don't use the ketchup, so what the hell is the difference? what they save in ketchups with me, is far less than i get with 1 or even 2 sauces...

this makes me very angry :mad:

rant over

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You're lucky you even got ketchup. Whenever I order fries I have to ask for ketchup. All fast food service has been in decline recently. I remember when you could go through the drive thru in under 3 minutes. It now takes nearly 10 minutes from the time the order is placed until you get the food.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're lucky you even got ketchup. Whenever I order fries I have to ask for ketchup. All fast food service has been in decline recently. I remember when you could go through the drive thru in under 3 minutes. It now takes nearly 10 minutes from the time the order is placed until you get the food.

i never used to do the drive-thru...because as Joe Pesci famously said "They fuck yoooooooooou at the drive-thru"

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Micky D french fries are sooooo dammed good that they you don't need ketchup, bbq or honey mustard sauce.

My question is how do you eat your fries, dip in sauce and drive at the same time?

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Micky D french fries are sooooo dammed good that they you don't need ketchup, bbq or honey mustard sauce.

My question is how do you eat your fries, dip in sauce and drive at the same time?

i never eat in the car...especially while driving. :smile:

(and yes, i do eat about 1/3rd of them plain, and 1/3rd with each sauce)

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i haven't eaten much fast food in ages...probably 15 years...but my one vice, the only fast food i ever still have, is about once a month i pop in to McDonald's to grab a Large french fries.

i used to love them and still do...they were crispy and delicious etc...

except all the most recent times i have done this, over the last few years, the fries tend to be a bit soggier, and what really makes me mad, is when they do not give you what you have asked for...

when you ask for a McDonald's fries, you should receive something that looks similar, but obviously, not exactly like this posed "glamor shot" from advertising...

http://www.gameguru.in/images/mcdonalds-fries-1.jpg

but as happens more and more, whether it is a function of simply lazy staff or franchise policy, you see them bring you your tasty large fries, only to notice, that the fries are barely peaking for dip in the middle of the carton...which is *INFURIATING*...

the carton should be filled so that fries are brimming out well over the top, obviously not necessarily neatly, but it is the *QUANTITY* that is important...

i finally, the other day got so upset by this, that i asked them to take it back and get me a real "Large fries".

I *HATE* complaining in restaurants and such...i do not do it unless something is so egregious, and even then i am apologetic about it...

so i nicely said to the checkout lady, "could you please take that one back or fill it up properly?" she said "what is wrong with it?" when i realized she was serious, i said "well, it is literally only half full of fries"...i motioned to the picture on the menu above the counter and said "my order should look similar to that"....(at this point, i felt like the Michael Douglas character in "Falling Down", who looks at his crummy hamburger and then looks at the glamor shot on the ad in the fast food joint he is in)

She said..."well it looks pretty similar...the fries just aren't sticking out like that"...so i said..."well, that is the point...it is only half full, of seemingly smooshed together fries and half cut fries, because obviously the full size fries would be sticking out the top if they were not chopped in half in the french fry holding basin, and then smooshed in to the bottom of the carton...mcDonalds fries are advertised to look something akin to that" (pointing to the ad)...this looks like a half empty carton...

she said "well you are going to have to take that up with the manager"

i was rather surprised, as one would think even the cashier would realize the difference, and correct the problem...but obviously this is endemic...so i asked her nicely to call the manager...

a minute later the manager came out, as i was standing to the side so as not to impede the others who were on line, which was not long and the place was not crowded...

i explained the situation to her, she was very nice and i explained that i loved mcdonalds fries, and simply wanted a hot, properly filled up large fries since that is what i paid for...she was very nice, waited for the next batch of fries, and filled mine first, full of crispy fries, jammed well over the top of the carton.

problem solved...however, this is obviously a rather regular occurrence, and i watched several orders filled while i waited and most were receiving similar fry orders to my initial one, and not really saying anything, as if they had just learned to expect this total lack of quality control etc.

what was even more upsetting, was that none of the cashiers or other people that fill the orders, seemed in the least bit concerned about making sure that the fry orders were made as close to properly as possible...this was not rocket science, and it did not take much effort to do it right...yet they all seemed to totally ignore this as they distributed order after order of fries...

what really sent me through the roof though secretly, was when i asked, as i have for decades and received 1 little thing of sweet n sour sauce and 1 little thing of BBQ sauce (that comes with the mcnuggets, but i like them with my fries) the cashier said "they are 16 cents each...how many would you like?", i was taken aback, as i had never been charged before...i really did not see why you can get 8 packs of ketchup free, but you cannot any longer get 1 little container of BBQ sauce instead...i don't use the ketchup, so what the hell is the difference? what they save in ketchups with me, is far less than i get with 1 or even 2 sauces...

this makes me very angry :mad:

rant over

Oh, you got the little straggler fries. :wink::biggrin1: Sometimes if you get them TO GO. Three quarters of them are in the bag like a big bail of hay avalanched over the BIG MAC. Hehehe.

About the cashier charging you for an extra BBQ sauce pack is because you gave her a hard time taking back your five little french fries and was wanting hundreds of fries like in the McDonald's at SAM'S CLUB. :biggrin1:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, you got the little straggler fries. :wink::biggrin1: Sometimes if you get them TO GO. Three quarters of them are in the bag like a big bail of hay avalanched over the BIG MAC. Hehehe.

About the cashier charging you for an extra BBQ sauce pack is because you gave her a hard time taking back your five little french fries and was wanting hundreds of fries like in the McDonald's at SAM'S CLUB. :biggrin1:

no, this has become a trend recently...not just stragglers...:mad:

and the cashier charged me extra *BEFORE* the fries ever came...she charged me when she was ringing up the order before she went to get it...and i got charged two other times :mad:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I agree. I think that they add garlic powder or onion powder to the salt...so when they come out of the hot fryer...the salting process is the bon apetit of all bon apetits. :biggrin1:

I eat my McDonald's french fries without any condiments at all. I like them hot, salty and crisp.

I like ChikFil-A's waffle fries...but I do ask for a tab of Polynesian sauce with those. (They don't charge extra for the tabs of sauces.)

clockdogspeaker

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I agree. I think that they add garlic powder or onion powder to the salt...so when they come out of the hot fryer...the salting process is the bon apetit of all bon apetits. :biggrin1:

I eat my McDonald's french fries without any condiments at all. I like them hot, salty and crisp.

I like ChikFil-A's waffle fries...but I do ask for a tab of Polynesian sauce with those. (They don't charge extra for the tabs of sauces.)

To me, McDonald's fries are delicious, but thankfully I have broken the habit.

I used to eat them and get so bogged down and feeling crappy.

The secret to the Mickey D French Fries is they blanch them in sugar. My uncle worked for Fry Master's for 5 years and he said it's the reason they are sweet, but addictive and tasty.

Now, every time I have fast food I instantly get a headache and regret my decision. I have been clean for a few years now, but will always be an addict. :)

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
no, this has become a trend recently...not just stragglers...:mad:

and the cashier charged me extra *BEFORE* the fries ever came...she charged me when she was ringing up the order before she went to get it...and i got charged two other times :mad:

You know what I would do, Flash. When businesses short change me on items...here are some options: I normally complain about it too. After my complain...if the service isn't up to it...I cut back the amount of times I go there that would make up the difference of being cheated. For example-- I remember a looonng time ago, I was a new BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO card user. I think that a month later after joining...I had one video that I rented that was overdue. They never told me. They didn't call me to let me know. I turned in the video. And they charged me 10 dollars in overdue fees.:eek: I was really mad. So, I cut back renting from BLOSCKBUSTER VIDEO for a month or two. And when I came back to rent from them again...the cashier said "LONG TIME. NO SEE." I told him, "Yeah, I overbudgeted in overdue fees. I decided to stop coming here for a month.":mad:

Sometimes other fast food places, you can get all kinds of condiments for free. Some establishments like Burger King...they charge for extra sauces. 25 cents. :eek:

Back in the day, I used to get a lot of them and put them in ZIPLOC bags. And whenever I went to a fast food restaurant and had things to go...I would have some handy in the car or at home in the fridge. Back in the day, I liked the horseradish sauce at Arby's. I remember having a lot of those little condiment pillows in the fridge for my sandwiches at home.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

The secret to the Mickey D French Fries is they blanch them in sugar. My uncle worked for Fry Master's for 5 years and he said it's the reason they are sweet, but addictive and tasty.

Now, every time I have fast food I instantly get a headache and regret my decision. I have been clean for a few years now, but will always be an addict. :smile:

I will quit one day. I am not Jabba the Hutt fat arsed yet. :wink::biggrin1:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I used to eat them and get so bogged down and feeling crappy.

Now, every time I have fast food I instantly get a headache and regret my decision. I have been clean for a few years now, but will always be an addict. :)

interesting...i did not know that about the sugar...it certainly explains alot though with regards to Mmickey D fries and how good (and addictive) they are.

i just looked at their nutrition menu, and it says they contain no sugars...so is it possible they do not anymore, or are they not required to disclose that they are blanched that way?

wouldn't they be required to note everything in terms of ingredients?

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You know what I would do, Flash. When businesses short change me on items...here are some options: I normally complain about it too. After my complain...if the service isn't up to it...I cut back the amount of times I go there that would make up the difference of being cheated. For example-- I remember a looonng time ago, I was a new BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO card user. I think that a month later after joining...I had one video that I rented that was overdue. They never told me. They didn't call me to let me know. I turned in the video. And they charged me 10 dollars in overdue fees.:eek: I was really mad. So, I cut back renting from BLOSCKBUSTER VIDEO for a month or two. And when I came back to rent from them again...the cashier said "LONG TIME. NO SEE." I told him, "Yeah, I overbudgeted in overdue fees. I decided to stop coming here for a month.":mad:

Sometimes other fast food places, you can get all kinds of condiments for free. Some establishments like Burger King...they charge for extra sauces. 25 cents. :eek:

Back in the day, I used to get a lot of them and put them in ZIPLOC bags. And whenever I went to a fast food restaurant and had things to go...I would have some handy in the car or at home in the fridge. Back in the day, I liked the horseradish sauce at Arby's. I remember having a lot of those little condiment pillows in the fridge for my sandwiches at home.

yeah i do that too...most of the businesses i deal with tend to be very good and responsive to complaints.

and certain restaurants that i order from know me and value my business so they take suggestions and complaints to heart, and immediately rectify them...which is why i keep my business with them.

i also keep extra condiments at home, but to me it was the principal of the thing.

i should also state that this might very well be only a particular policy of this one McDonald's franchise, because the last two times i have been there to get fries they have charged me for sauce, but before that, when i had gone to other ones, i was never charged...i think the next time, i should go to one of the other stores, and if they do charge me, i will know that it is a national mandate, as opposed to individual policy.

the store near me also did not have the $1 menu, while the other did.

Maybe this was just a rogue McDonalds. :smile:

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The only place left where you can get decent "french fries" is Germany; they use the correct potatoes (out of over 300 varieties you can bet the US and British food technolgists will choose the most disgusting ones tastewise but will keep in the stores a few years.

Soggy "fries" is usually due to low grade fats and oils (that cannot reach the required heat for "fries" without burning) and refrying cold "fries". UK's old standby fish n chips originated in Spain, but not having cheap oilive oil Beef dripping was used and those are the most delicious "chips" you will ever have. Not consistent, regional varience on thickness. Fast food outlets (not a new invention: for centuries we had "cook shops" - fis n chips, meat puddings, pies) are anathema to me. I occasionally have to resort to them for a quick coffee, I observed a staff member squeezing the bottom of the packed so it looked overflowing, only to collapse as it was handed to customer. I asked him why he was doing something so obviously stupid, he looked at me stupidly as if I had accused him of serial killings.

And never put anything other than sauce Bernaise on your "fries". Ha!

Last edited:

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
McDonald's fries are better than Burger King then again, fries from Wendy's are better than Burger King's. The Burger King Whopper is better than a Big Mac which is a strange kind of unknown meat with a strange consistancy. The Whopper has life to it.

I haven't had a Big Mac in more than 20 years or a Whopper in about 5 years but I have had a few regular McDonalds burgers the meat seems different from the Big Mac but that might be the Big Mac's sauce.. Fries I have regularly which is 3 or 4 times a month. No trouble with the full package of McDonald's fries and they aren't soggy where I get them.

The fact that McDonald's french fries don't decompose even after two months (as evidenced by that experiment in Super Size Me) is something that is quite a bit disconcerting to me. They're almost like some Frankenstein creation of food that is specifically engineered to avoid spoilage of any kind.

Just due to this and health reasons, I only go to McDonalds at most 3-4 times a year. However, I do agree that the fries are quite good but I just feel so weirded out after eating them.