Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Here's another "what's wrong with society in the US". : unamused:: unamused:

The title of several news articles is : Thousands sign petition to shut down controversial haunted house. (You'll have to Google it as every article I could find, also had ads that for one reason or another would be against the TOS)

Lots of info out there, but if you haven't heard of it, it's this haunted house that is 10 hrs of a mixture of horror and torture. It offers $20,000 to anyone that can complete it. I've watched a couple YouTube vids and it's definitely intense. They actually physically harm you, verbally berate you, and use several methods of torture to get you to quit. I've done some pretty harsh things in my life, but I think I'll pass on this one.

However, just because I would never do it, why would I want to have them forced to not be able to operate? People are well aware of what they are facing, and they voluntarily sign a 40 page release, including a Dr's release.

But, as "Muricans", a group of people have decided that because they don't like it and wouldn't do it, no one else should either, and they want to "legally" force them to stop.

I will never get why people can't just say "Not for me" and not impose their feelings on others?? : unamused::triumph::triumph:

Last edited:

ArtAppreciation

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I don't really see much of a difference between this and reality shows, and I would imagine much worse goes on behind the latter. As far as the public getting outraged at a company profiting by people getting into dangerous situations after signing waiver forms.

I wonder just how effective petitions are. I do think that large amounts of money will beat petitions every time. Yet not every cause petitioned against has well padded pockets.

You're right, the things that people will go to great lengths to get offended by can be mightily astonishing sometimes.

At this time, I can't say "Not for me" since I don't have enough information on the haunted house, since it could possibly be shut down (boo), and since I'm also still kind of experimenting with figuring out whether I'm into S&M and which I'm into more. It's a process :)

Reactions: Countryguy63

palakaorion

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Physical harm and torture may not be lawful in whatever jurisdiction this facility operates. If so, then the signed 40 page release means nothing, since a contract for illegal activities is automatically void.

Lawyering aside: it's a bunch of strangers whom you pay to definitely physically and likely psychologically harm you? That's a big NOPE from me. Besides the fact that they likely feel protected by the 40 page release, and have financial motive to disrespect boundaries, in an effort to avoid paying out the grand prize.

Should others be prevented from taking it on? Well, that's a whole libertarian side argument that's better suited to another forum IMHO.

alpha_centauri

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Here's another "what's wrong with society in the US". : unamused:: unamused:

The title of several news articles is : Thousands sign petition to shut down controversial haunted house. (You'll have to Google it as every article I could find, also had ads that for one reason or another would be against the TOS)

Lots of info out there, but if you haven't heard of it, it's this haunted house that is 10 hrs of a mixture of horror and torture. It offers $20,000 to anyone that can complete it. I've watched a couple YouTube vids and it's definitely intense. They actually physically harm you, verbally berate you, and use several methods of torture to get you to quit. I've done some pretty harsh things in my life, but I think I'll pass on this one.

However, just because I would never do it, why would I want to have them forced to not be able to operate? People are well aware of what they are facing, and they voluntarily sign a 40 page release, including a Dr's release.

But, as "Muricans", a group of people have decided that because they don't like it and wouldn't do it, no one else should either, and they want to "legally" force them to stop.

I will never get why people can't just say "Not for me" and not impose their feelings on others?? : unamused::triumph::triumph:
Sounds interesting, did anyone complete the challenge and win the money?