Me! Me! Me!

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How do you build community?

Building community to set the tone throughout the board is hard work and not easily done. It is an active job that every longtime member should be a part of for the sake of the board. If you want to see a change in the posting quality and content here you will need to foster and encourage those people who post those things. You need to nurture these things like any friendships. To some it comes naturally. I actually have a hard time reaching out which is partly why I am here but I realize that community is something that doesn't happen by itself and needs to be cultivated and grown. I still remember the few respected members here that welcomed me and what an impression they gave me of the site and humanity here. I try to do the same.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good post, Earl.

Something else with regard to setting the tone in order to build the community, what kind of tone is set when there is constant complaints of board degredation or worse, predictions of it going down the toilet?

The way to boost a community is to attract new members who can help it grow and flourish. Saying how bad it is won't encourage potential quality members to join, so it's a self fufilling prophesy.

Think about organizational recruitment. You want to recruit the best and brightest to help your organization improve and thrive. Do you think that's best accomplished by telling them that your organization is shit and heading for the crapper? Hmm?

I'd like people to remember that there are potential new members reading this as we speak.

The OP, as I read it, was about one particular site dynamic. I think we can discuss that without saying the entire community is bad.

D_golden parachute

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't get this thread, are you complaining that you aren't popular?

Surely the people who care solely about the pics and the videos aren't worth your time anyway, so you should just let them get on with it

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I havent been here long enough to really know but I'd say that this is a fairly interesting board. There's lots of new peeps all the time so I'm not always sure who is who. I also expect that peeps will gravitate to the big dicks photos & the more crazed threads. There's a lot going on here so I'm still exploring it all.

southwest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What's the saying 'an empty drum makes the most noise'

People are entitled to post what they want and from what I see on this site a lot of posters agree with so and so no matter what they say mmm! Why? cause they want some sort of relationship with said person, this happens with the hot women and men and the most popular posters. These people can say a complete crock of shit and some IMO ass licker will agree, the up shot of this is that you say anything that slightly disagrees with mr/miss/mrs popular and your ass is grass.
For myself I read the posts and make my own mind up as to who has content, I rarely p.m. anyone, it is IMO only the internet. I'm not here to make lasting friendships but to participate in the fun and wisdom I read in so many posts.
That being said this is the first forum I have ever participated in so I never say never as to the depth of relationships I may encounter.
I post at the moment for myself, not to please mr/mrs/miss popular, I want to feel free to say what I want for me not to say shit that'll get me in with the in crowd.
I don't respond to emotional bullshit responses (you know the type I'm right you're wrong, no logic to back up their disagreement). I respond to what I think is interesting. Like this thread!
It's all new to me and I like most of the aspects of this forum, and see certain aspects as bullshit but unavoidable.
Oh well back to being a quiet poster.

BF2K

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Some people definately take this place far too seriously. It's easy, however, to appear as someone that "controls" the conversation in the chat (I have been accused of this, including "manipulation" of people in the chat) as there are quite a few lurkers that add nothing and only sit and watch what's going on.

Quite honestly, I don't give a shit if Monster's or if anyone elses pics are fakes (mine aren't btw) . All I care about is that people come here to have fun, are free to discuss and talk about anything, and are polite and respective of other peoples' feelings. At times, it seems as if some are only here to complain, accuse and hurt others in an attempt to feel better about themselves.