Measuring and defining large

joejack

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I guess no body answered his first Question: """ But which one is the "real" measurement? """And... does being thick counts in being large?Since we have 7.5" * 4.8" guys - And we have 7" * 6.5" guysWhich one's bigger?
7.5 x 4.8 = 13.8 cu in; 7 x 6.5 = 23.5 cu in: Therefor shorter is 70% larger

twogents

Experimental Member
Media
Only last night I was day dreaming about what it would be like to do a survey of guys dicks up and down the UK. Financing it would be a nightmare unless i got someone like Durex to sponsor it. I could arrange with clubs up and down the coutry to set up like a booth and ask guys if they would mind coming in and whipping it out to measure both flacid and erect.

I could arrange for a couple of girls to be on hand to help guys or hot looking blokes at gay clubs. i would be able to get statistics for lenth/girth ratios. Flacid compared to erect.

It would also be good once results are analized to contact some of the guys and see if theyed be willing to do casts of their dicks erect and then show them to girls and guys seperatly to check out the perception of what is small, average, large. Compared to what the actual statisics prove.

The problem with a lot of the statistics including the famous Kinsey survey is it relied on guys mesuring their own?

God this would be a dream job, would take at least a year and would have to involve a minimum 50,000 dicks to be conclusive.

It would also be interesting to check the average of black guys against white once and for all.

Any thoughts from you guys (anyone fancy sponsoring me lol)

B_DEATHbyCARROT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Man I thought this thread died! :biggrin1:

I guess this answers my second q in a way. Everybody, despite knowing what the average is reported to be, still has a different definition of large.

B_DEATHbyCARROT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK yet a third way to measure. My dick has an upward curve to it. When I point it downwards (and straiten it out) I do get 8 inches. That's about an inch difference than keeping it "level"! So my first question I guess I still have: Which is the right way to measure?

I'm going with 8" for me because I get that 2 ways (and the pointing down way would actually be inside a woman, unlike bonepressed).

unzipped

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The best gadge to determine mega size-- is if the head or tip touches or goes up and beyond the belly button with a raging hardon...

jda

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
jda - what do you mean "it depends on the person"? Do you mean that an average sized dick will look bigger on a small guy - if not I don't get what you mean.

I simply mean that an 8 inch dick may be huge to one person while its "meh" to another. I don't think you can universally classify penis size is all.

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I guess 'size' is relative anyway. To a guy with 5.5" a 7-incher will look huge. Whereas a 7.5" will look small to a super-endowed guy of over 9". My rating (trying to be objective) would be:

Over 9" (say up to 10" - as anything over that must be so rare as to be statistically negligible) : HUGE
Over 8" : LARGE
Over 7" : BIG
Over 6" : AVERAGE
Under 6" : SMALL

Circumference is another matter, and can vary a lot all up the scale. A thick 6-incher can be 'big', and a thick 9-incher absolutely massive. Anyone is lucky who has thickness as a bonus.
Why are they so lucky? Does sex feel better for the men because his partner will feel more snug?
Can you satisfy a woman easier?
Because it is so handsome?
Tell me why.Please.

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
So my first question I guess I still have: Which is the right way to measure?

There is none. Do you measure erect? Do you measure curve? Do you include the 'fat pad' over the pubic bone? Do you account for room temperature? None of these questions has an accepted answer; there is no 'standard protocol' for measuring the penis.

That said, a good number of studies take averages of the stretched, flacid penis, parallel with the horizon, accounting for 'curve' and coverage by body fat, but don't include foreskin length in the measurements. That's about as standard as they get.