Measuring cock size - not as easy as it sounds!

carter2006

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi guys

Here's an interesting note - I believe it is extremely difficult to accurately measure a cock. From experience of not only my own cock, but those of my partners, as well as chatting with guys on LPSG, I firmly believed that cock size can vary from day to day, from erection to erection, depending on levels of arousal, temperature, even diet and hydration levels.

I wanted to prove this theory. I thought about how much variation there could be in my own cock size and for the past 4 days I have been taking regular measurements of my cock in both erect and flaccid states and the results were quite interesting...

Over the past four days I have measured my erect cock 10 times (2-3 times per day) and my flaccid cock 12 times. There was a significant variation in my results...

ERECT LENGTH/GIRTH (INCHES):
1. 6.50 / 5.50
2. 7.25 / 6.50
3. 7.00 / 6.50
4. 6.75 / 6.00
5. 7.50 / 6.75
6. 7.00 / 6.50
7. 7.00 / 6.00
8. 6.25 / 5.50
9. 7.50 / 6.25
10. 7.25 / 6.25

Mean average erect length: 7.00 inches
Mean average erect girth: 6.175 inches

FLACCID LENGTH (INCHES):
1. 4.50
2. 5.50
3. 4.00
4. 5.00
5. 5.25
6. 6.00
7. 5.75
8. 4.75
9. 6.00
10. 6.25
11. 6.00
12. 4.25

Mean average flaccid length: 5.270 inches

The reason I have not included girth for my flaccid measurements is because I found there was so much variation not only from time to time but also along the length of my shaft, which would have made it far too complicated!

When measuring my flaccid cock I tried to take measurements at times when my arousal levels were at a minimum, e.g. whilst doing housework, whilst watching the news... times of the day when my mind wasn't occupied with sex. When taking erect measurements I took them during differing levels of arousal. For example measurements 1, 4, 6 and 8 were taken when I woke up with morning wood (these measurements on average are the smallest, suggesting my morning erections are generally not as strong as at other times). The others were mostly measured during masturbation, with the larger measurements number 9, being taken just moments before I shot, and number 5 being taken during sex with my partner (just after the foreplay when I dashed to the bedroom to grab some lube!). Suggesting, as I already thought, that erections are stronger the more aroused and the closer to orgasm I am...

The reason I'm posting this here is because I think that measuring your cock size (especially flaccid length) is not as easy as grabbing a tape measure and getting wood! My flaccid measurements surprised me the most, ranging over 2 inches from the shortest to longest measurement.

Anyway, there's not really a conclusion to this posting other than you probably all think I've got far too much time on my hands!! LOL

:eek:

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
that flaccid state differs that much is pretty obvious. the erect penis differs too, but in your case it's pretty much speaking of full erections only

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
As you mentioned, erect length/girth are affected by your arousal state. Your flaccid length/girth are equally going to be affected by other variables as well (i.e. - temperature).

And yes, you have too much time on your hands...

JamesPM

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
First thing, much respect for sticking to the research for measurements 9 and 5.

If you exclude 1,4,6 and 8 on the grounds that you're not measuring an effect with the same cause (arousal vrs full bladder), then things get a lot more consistent (length wise at least):
Aroused: 7.25, 7.00, 7.00 and 7.25
Rock hard: 7.50, 7.50

You could put the variation in the first down to measuring error (7.1 +/- 0.1) rather than perkiness. As for too much time on your hands, well maybe, but then again perhaps the start of a new carrier:
"A study into the variation in length of the adult male penis
with the degree of arousal" a MRC funded study by Carter2006

Abstract:

1,000 adult males were selected at random (ok, only the pretty
ones)....

---
James

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
carter2006 said:
Hi guys

Here's an interesting note - I believe it is extremely difficult to accurately measure a cock. From experience of not only my own cock, but those of my partners, as well as chatting with guys on LPSG, I firmly believed that cock size can vary from day to day, from erection to erection, depending on levels of arousal, temperature, even diet and hydration levels.

I wanted to prove this theory. I thought about how much variation there could be in my own cock size and for the past 4 days I have been taking regular measurements of my cock in both erect and flaccid states and the results were quite interesting...

Over the past four days I have measured my erect cock 10 times (2-3 times per day) and my flaccid cock 12 times. There was a significant variation in my results...

ERECT LENGTH/GIRTH (INCHES):
1. 6.50 / 5.50
2. 7.25 / 6.50
3. 7.00 / 6.50
4. 6.75 / 6.00
5. 7.50 / 6.75
6. 7.00 / 6.50
7. 7.00 / 6.00
8. 6.25 / 5.50
9. 7.50 / 6.25
10. 7.25 / 6.25

Mean average erect length: 7.00 inches
Mean average erect girth: 6.175 inches

FLACCID LENGTH (INCHES):
1. 4.50
2. 5.50
3. 4.00
4. 5.00
5. 5.25
6. 6.00
7. 5.75
8. 4.75
9. 6.00
10. 6.25
11. 6.00
12. 4.25

Mean average flaccid length: 5.270 inches

The reason I have not included girth for my flaccid measurements is because I found there was so much variation not only from time to time but also along the length of my shaft, which would have made it far too complicated!

When measuring my flaccid cock I tried to take measurements at times when my arousal levels were at a minimum, e.g. whilst doing housework, whilst watching the news... times of the day when my mind wasn't occupied with sex. When taking erect measurements I took them during differing levels of arousal. For example measurements 1, 4, 6 and 8 were taken when I woke up with morning wood (these measurements on average are the smallest, suggesting my morning erections are generally not as strong as at other times). The others were mostly measured during masturbation, with the larger measurements number 9, being taken just moments before I shot, and number 5 being taken during sex with my partner (just after the foreplay when I dashed to the bedroom to grab some lube!). Suggesting, as I already thought, that erections are stronger the more aroused and the closer to orgasm I am...

The reason I'm posting this here is because I think that measuring your cock size (especially flaccid length) is not as easy as grabbing a tape measure and getting wood! My flaccid measurements surprised me the most, ranging over 2 inches from the shortest to longest measurement.

Anyway, there's not really a conclusion to this posting other than you probably all think I've got far too much time on my hands!! LOL

:eek:

This is more than I've measured my cock in my whole life!

carter2006

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
JamesPM said:
First thing, much respect for sticking to the research for measurements 9 and 5.

If you exclude 1,4,6 and 8 on the grounds that you're not measuring an effect with the same cause (arousal vrs full bladder), then things get a lot more consistent (length wise at least):
Aroused: 7.25, 7.00, 7.00 and 7.25
Rock hard: 7.50, 7.50

You could put the variation in the first down to measuring error (7.1 +/- 0.1) rather than perkiness. As for too much time on your hands, well maybe, but then again perhaps the start of a new carrier:
"A study into the variation in length of the adult male penis
with the degree of arousal" a MRC funded study by Carter2006

Abstract:

1,000 adult males were selected at random (ok, only the pretty
ones)....

Thanks for the input, James! Never considered the arousal vs full bladder idea before regarding morning wood, but then again I always wake up needing to piss, whether hard or not, so that is a really valid point. As for sticking with the measurements for 9 and 5, well, I'm a perfectionist! I like the idea of launching my own research. I would have to perform the measurements personally to ensure uniformity. Any volunteers?

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There's such a nice history of exhibitionism and voyeurism masquerading as science, and it's nice to see you continuing the tradition, Carter :rolleyes:

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I experience pretty big variance as well, though I've not catalogued it to this extent. There are a LOT of factors that come into play with this stuff, and I'm always thrilled to get up to my "personal best" when measuring. :wink:

Thanks for posting this one, carter2006!

DadsAreUs

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is the kind of discussion I started coming to this site for. I love penis measuring stories. I have reached the point in my life (got there some time ago, actually) that just to hear the weather man say "We are expecting 7 inches of snow tomorrow) makes my dick twinge.

ErikHanson1973

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I also experience a lot of variance, though I have not measured in a while ... when someone asks, I just like to say that it's big enough

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
mistergrasso said:
This is the kind of discussion I started coming to this site for. I love penis measuring stories. I have reached the point in my life (got there some time ago, actually) that just to hear the weather man say "We are expecting 7 inches of snow tomorrow) makes my dick twinge.
Exactly, grasso, I'm giving a big ditto here! The 7 inch forecasts are excitable and those of 8 inches or more result in full hardons for me (with the help of a hand). Even reading about your dick twinge has me going now! Thx:tongue:

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
ErikHanson1973 said:
I also experience a lot of variance, though I have not measured in a while ... when someone asks, I just like to say that it's big enough

You have a cool answer, Erik, but did you ever consider answering with a question such as "Would you like to measure it?" When I began answering with this question at the YMCA, I was surprised to get takers!

Coolblue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
ErikHanson1973 said:

and that remains the bottom line ... ;-)

carter2006

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
:cool:
steve319 said:
Thanks for posting this one, carter2006!

You're welcome Steve :smile:

alex8 said:
There's such a nice history of exhibitionism and voyeurism masquerading as science, and it's nice to see you continuing the tradition, Carter

I am an exhibitionist scientist, after all...

Seriously, guys, if anyone has the time/energy to carry out a similar 'study' please let us know the results. I wish pleasantly surprised with mine!!!

Carter :cool:

CardiffDillon

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'd be happy to provide a second opinion to anyone who needs one. I'm very good at measuring but I do like to check the results, it's safer to measure twice, or even three times, four times is fun too;-)

cheers

Dillon

carter2006

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey guys....

I've continued measuring into Day 5 now... it's a bit like the Big Brother house with running commentary!

Day 5 ERECT LENGTH/GIRTH
11. 7.00 / 5.50
12. 6.75 / 5.50
13. 7.50 / 6.25

Day 5 FLACCID LENGTH
13. 6.25
14. 5.75
15. 5.00

Here's how this affects my mean averages:
ERECT LENGTH AVERAGE: 7.02
ERECT GIRTH AVERAGE: 6.08
FLACCID LENGTH AVERAGE: 5.35

Measuring my cock has started to take over my life so I might give it a rest for a few days now! LOL :wink:

What I have found most insteresting is the huge variation in my cock size throughout the week, which visually I don't really notice but stick a tape measure up close and its very obvious...

Still feel free to message me if you'd like to take part in a similar study, I'd me happy to hold the tape measure! :biggrin1: