measuring etiquette

mcnormal

Just Browsing
Media
Not sure where to ask this, but here goes....
When measuring girth do you guys state your smallest measurement, largest or do you average them all out?
Also do you include the head? My shaft averages 5" (slightly less mid shaft, more at base) but my head can be huge - over 5.6"... more if I kegel a bit.
If we are talking maximum penetrative girth then surely the head must be taken into consideration.
Just wondering.

ThickChris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think most guys never even measure girth, length is the only measurement most guys are concerned with but I think girth should be measured at the head and on the shaft at the thickest point, then that point should be stated. For example, I'm just under 6.5" around at the head (sometimes more but I have to be really hard) and just over 7" around at the base of my shaft. Most guys are thickest either near the head or at the base so it's important to know where the maximum girth occurs because like you said, "penetrative girth" is important. That's my 2 cents worth.

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
measuring girth is real important I think in cock size. thickness counts! I measure midway up my shaft. I'm 6.5-6.75" there. a little thicker at the base and a little thicker around the head. head measurement, I think, does not represent cock girth..it represents cock head size..and that in itself is a great thing, but it's not dick thickness..it's different.

mcnormal

Just Browsing
Media
Apt name Chris. When I say 'huge' of course, I'm speaking relative to me. You are truely huge in my book!
Anyway I just tried to measure my head girth at full erection (which was tricky) and its probably 5.8. at its widest around the base of the head. So thats the thickest point of my penis.
I would still probably say that I'm 7x5 though as most of the shaft is 5".
Just wondering if others would state their largest girth or average?

ThickChris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
BigMeatNJ
A couple guys tell me they measure at mid shaft and that seems "fair" unless the guy is 'football' shaped and that is the thickest part of his shaft. That's why I like to know where the max girth occurs. But an average seems like a fair way and for most guys measuring at mid shaft will give a close average.

ThickChris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks mcnormal, I'm no were near some of the guys on this site! I finally posted a couple picts since my yahoo photo album was blocked by yahoo. I do think your head is much larger than most, I've only met one guy with a larger head than mine.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
BigMeatNJ
A couple guys tell me they measure at mid shaft and that seems "fair" unless the guy is 'football' shaped and that is the thickest part of his shaft. That's why I like to know where the max girth occurs. But an average seems like a fair way and for most guys measuring at mid shaft will give a close average.

I've never before heard it called "football shaped", but I'm raising my hand as guilty. I've always given my girth at the thickest point, which is approximately 2/3 from the base of the shaft. The head's corona is close to that 6 inch measurement, though. My cock is quite a bit less girthy at its base, but I don't measure there and try to forget it, like holding my fist around it in pictures! Ain't it shameful how some of us are so carried away with dicks and their thicknesses?

mcnormal

Just Browsing
Media
I don't even have a photo with the head at its largest. I wanted to look balanced and (Mc)Normal I guess. Its about average in the pics.
It would be good if the shaft was as thick as the head, but I guess the grass is always greener.
I wasn't sure if a large head was a good or not?

ThickChris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I call mine, 'cone shaped' and I call guys that are top heavy, big head and thickest near the head with a taper to the base, 'baseball bat shaped'. All seem like a good visual description but no offense was meant so I hope none was taken.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My glans is only about 4.5"-5" around. The base and nearly half my cock is 6" around. Then it gets less :frown1:

Anyway, just state your head is thickest (who are you going to tell anyway). No one ever asks how thick my cock is...or even how long it is. And I only tell them if they asked. I've never been asked for a girth measurement though, I don't think girls are aware of that, or can understand it. I told one woman I was 6" around she said "omg it must be like a tree!"