Measuring girth wrong?

BiG Sixy!

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So I always thought that everyone measured girth by wrapping a tape measure around the very bottom of the shaft or the thickest part. But I just read on a site that you are supposed to measure in the middle of the shaft. Has anyone else heard this? When the ladies here are talking about the girth that they like, are you going by the thickest part or the middle? Just wondering because for me it makes a big difference. Im 5¾ around the very bottom but just barely 5" around the mid shaft.

BiG Sixy!

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
glad im doing something right. lol well what if you were to measure top, middle and bottom, then its just under 4¾ just below the head, 5" in the middle and 5¾ around the very bottom. Does that average out good?

lemont77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been told that you measure at the base, the middle, and the top, then take the average.

That makes sense! At least the OP is using a tape measure. I hate when guys say their cock is 2 inches wide. That is f'ing useless information. :biggrin1:

Actually, I've heard the best thing to do is have a girl (or guy, depending on your preference) wrap his/her hands around your penis, and if they say something along the lines of "wow," or "shit," or "damn that's huge," you have a thick one. Aside from that, who cares about the particulars???

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been told that you measure at the base, the middle, and the top, then take the average.
Meg, I started to say, "now you have to tell them how to calculate an average measurement." :biggrin1: But then I said to myself, "self boys are smart and so good with numbers they can figure this out with out the assistance of Meg and I." ~ ROTFLMAO hahaha

glad im doing something right. lol well what if you were to measure top, middle and bottom, then its just under 4¾ just below the head, 5" in the middle and 5¾ around the very bottom. Does that average out good? The mean/average of the 3 numbers given is 4.66

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually, it's 5.17 (rounded). 4.66 is below any of the numbers he posted :smile:

Meg, I started to say, "now you have to tell them how to calculate an average measurement." :biggrin1: But then I said to myself, "self boys are smart and so good with numbers they can figure this out with out the assistance of Meg and I." ~ ROTFLMAO hahaha

glad im doing something right. lol well what if you were to measure top, middle and bottom, then its just under 4¾ just below the head, 5" in the middle and 5¾ around the very bottom. Does that average out good? The mean/average of the 3 numbers given is 4.66

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The usual measurement is around the centre of the shaft,that's where I took my 6.5" reading from.Measuring the base adds half an inch but I think that's an irrelevant measurement.
We're supposed to be measuring the part that someone can feel the benefit of during sex.The base isn't going inside anywhere!

notsmallmatt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
pfffffffffffffffttt... i swear you people must be some kinda obsessive compulsive... what a ridiculous thing to waste your time worrying about??
taking an average?? are you kidding?? just measure it wherever the hell you feel like... unless youve got a dick like a coke bottle i dont think it makes a hell of a lot of difference.
you know.. symmetry is also important in sexual attraction.. possibly more than dick size(if youve got a lopsided face not too many people will ever get to you dick)...
why dont you all spend youre time measuring your faces?
are your eyes even? is your nose crooked? are you ears in the right place? is your head normal sized????????
OH MY GOD ITS SO IMPORTANT!!
HOW CAN YOU STAND NOT KNOWING????