Measuring it

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Squirtgun, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Squirtgun

Squirtgun New Member

OK, I feel like I am at a measurment disadvantage because of the accepted way of measuring. Number one, I cant use a ruler 'cause it is flat, and I am not. Number two, If I measure on the top, it is about 3/4 to an inch shorter than if I measure on the bottom. Its like in geometry... the difference between the length of the inside of a curve versus the outside of a curve.
    Any thoughts?

2. Imported

Gold Member

Krueger: You're supposed to stick your penis at about 90 degrees from your body, and with the ruler along the top, straighten out as much curve as possible. I've got an upward curve too, but using a ruler is fine for me.

3. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    it's not a competition, hero :eyes:

4. Bananaman

Bananaman New Member

I've got a pretty pronounced upward curve but it's sure never bothered me if the measurement isn't exact because of it. It's sort of like.... -_-
    Dr Rock has it exactly right. It's not a competition.

B-man

5. Squirtgun

Squirtgun New Member

OK, OK you guys made your point! However, the question still stands, Do I say it is 7" or 8" (not including the extra 1/2 inch, or so, that most people tack on he he). I would obviously prefer the latter, but I am looking for a ruling here people! (no pun intended, I swear!!!)

6. Bananaman

Bananaman New Member

Take your best shot at it & it's close enough. I always say mine is almost 8 inches, and that's good enough for me. OK, maybe if I could straighten it out when it's hard it would be another half or three quarters of an inch, but so what? I'm a big guy, but not a huge guy, and that little bit of difference isn't going to change anything.

Just for the record, I measure along the top with a flexible tape, from the base to the tip without pushing the tape back to the pubic bone. That seems to me to be a fair measurement & not cheating in any way, so I'd suggest you do the same. Remember, it's not a competition. There's always someone bigger, and there's always someone smaller.
    That's life.

B-man

7. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

I've got an upward banana curve, too. I use a tape measure to measure it because a ruler just doesn't adequately do the job. When I'm hard, I can't straighten out the curve at all, so I need something that will lie flat against it. A cloth tape measure does the best job, plus it will also wrap around the penis to measure circumference.

8. Dude!

Dude! New Member

Me too.

Ruler says 6.75

Tape measure says just over 7

9. Str8Man

Str8Man New Member

My opinion is like most, this is not a competition, it's what makes you feel the best about yourself. For me, that's which ever way makes me feel the longest. I prefer to measure with the curve, gains me almost an inch.

10. Imported

Gold Member

chet: i dunno the "right" way to measure. I take my good ol can of shaving cream and set it right on top of my hard dick. It is the same length, 7"

and when you look at a foreign object that is the same length as your dick, you realize "wow" that is pretty damn big!

11. DanielForever

DanielForever New Member

tapemeasure- cant go wrong

as for pushing into the pubic bone- im skinny so theres no fat to push in, but for the more normal/heavier guys, when they're having sex, when you thrust in you'd be forcingagainst the pubic bone anyway, using the full length, so why not include it when you measure?

12. Karen M

Karen M New Member

You Guys!!!! You're so concerened about so little! It's only one woman's opinion, but I find an upward curve to be incredibly sexy! Given the choice between a straight one or a curved one I'd take the curve every time, even if it's the shorter one! :7 Lucky for me I married a man who's got what I like! :loveya:

:D Karen

13. D_Coyne Toss

D_Coyne Toss New Member

Leftward curve here: tape measure says 8.5/9, ruler 8.

14. PinkSteel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    gosh I've only measured the top and yes I have troubles too, but have just accepted it. To make it a true measurement, why not measure the top and then the bottom (or left/right side) and average it. that way it doesn't matter which way it curves or if it's straight, you'll get a better measurement.
    Funny ain't it -- no matter how long it is, we always want a bit more !!

15. Caliman

Caliman Member

1. You are not being ripped off by the curve. Ask anyone you put it in.

2. If you say you can put "X" inches of meat into someone, then it better be that. What would you say to the butcher if you asked for a 1lb slab of meat and he gave you 3/4lb?

Measure with a tape, tell yourself what it is- and keep your mouth shut. It's a tool. Better you are thinking of the best ways to use it. Sounds like it will do the job.

16. smallman

smallman New Member

i just gained a fraction of an inch, awesome!

17. SizeQueenMichelle

SizeQueenMichelle New Member

come over, ill measure it good.

18. Cobalt Blue

Gold Member

Ok, guys with an upward curve to their penis may well feel short-changed of a fraction of an inch, but hey, don't despair because there is evidence that an upward curve is more effective at stimulating the G-Spot, and, if combined with a prominent corona, is better at scooping out another man's sperm and therefore more successful in sperm competition. I'm not making this up - I remember reading some serious research into sperm competition a while ago, but have no idea where. The researchers made a dummy penis and a dummy vagina and used some sort of gloop to simulate the movement of semen inside the vagina. Anyone remember seeing this?

On a completely different track but from the same thread:

Michelle, your sig reads:
    'If you're hung like a horse, you dont nee a BMW to pick up chicks'
    mm, fine in theory, but say I were to meet you in a bar - how would you know I'm hung?
    And how would I know you like hung guys?
    Guess I still need to trade in my bicycle for that BMW.... :shrug:

19. bigsam

bigsam Member

It really doesn't matter what your measurement is...quite frankly you could say whatever you wanted and as long as YOU believe it then it is ok.

If a girl asks you what it is? Tell her what you believe and I guarantee she will too. Heck...every girl I've ever been with who has guessed at my size has guessed WAY higher than I actually am.

Its just one of those things. I curve to the left and if I measure with a flexible tape measure along the right side I'm almost 9, if I go along the top I'm just around 8...it really doesn't matter though, I split the difference at 8.5...

If you are 7 or 8 you've got a big dick anyway! Be happy!

20. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

I agree, bigsam, that 7 or 8 is a big dick, but what classification do you give your 8.5, since any additional length on a big one makes lots of difference?

Draft saved Draft deleted