Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
Finding your penis length ... Penis length is defined as the linear distance along the dorsal side of the erect penis extending from the mons veneris to the tip of the glans ...

In that case it would always be zero, since only women have a mons veneris:

mons veneris |ˈmänz ˈvenərəs|
noun ( pl. montes veneris |ˈmäntēz|)
(in women) the mons pubis.
ORIGIN late 17th cent.: Latin, ‘mount of Venus.’

Perhaps you meant to say mons pubis?

ibostyle11

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
why not filling a glass full of water, right to the top.
and measure the water in it.
then stick in the errected penis in the water and measure again.
The difference is the size of your cock!
THAT is correctly, i think!

Is someone a science major? =P

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
Is someone a science major? =P

Yes, I spent a lifetime doing scientific research and I'd add that, lacking an accurately graduated beaker, another way to get that volumetric measurement would be using the same water displacement method suggested but accurately weighing the glass of water before and after sticking your cock into it. Since water has a specific gravity of 1.0 the difference in weight (measured in or converted to grams) would be the same as one's penile volume, in cubic centimeters. Once accurately measured you could then compare your dick size to the displacement of your favorite motorcycle, ATV or snowmobile. My own cock would fall midway between a 350 Honda and a 440 Kawasaki.

Last edited:

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Only we are not talking about measuring volume.

We are talking about measuring LENGTH and GIRTH and possibly WIDTH.

So talk about volume is irrelevant.

I don't think a rigid ruler is the best way to measure either since it doesn't take into account curvature or angle of the penis.

HugeHands9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it should be measured on all four sides and take the average.... because a good amount of people have a curve weather upwards, downwards or to the side... this causes a distortion in measurement.... take a penis that measures 8 inches that curves downward... then invert that penis... it now curves upwards, but because people measure from the top, it is now a 6.5 inch cock...! However people usually tend to cheat when they measure from the bottom, so my way of measuring from the right place, is to put a hair scrunchy around the bottom of the shaft... and wherever it lies, measure it from there on all four sides... divide by four and take the average =]

But I've noticed that measured from the side.. the average length is usually the same as the side length. Does anyone agree with any of my findings?

D_yabbadabbadont

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When you measure linear distance you are missing some of the measurement. When you are driving on a road to go somewhere do the signs have the linear distance to somewhere. No they follow the curves that you have to drive on. it is the same basic concept. Why would you not measure to the pubic bone. If you lose weight that is the part that is exposed it is not adding inches.

I totally agree las000005. Lets face it everyone here would take the extra length. Bonepressed, along the outside of the curve with a flexible tape.
If we all do it this way we all post our biggest posible size AND all measure the same way. Who cares if a guy with a 5" dick manages to get an extra inch, the same goes for the 10" guy who can now brag about 11".

ibostyle11

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yes, I spent a lifetime doing scientific research and I'd add that, lacking an accurately graduated beaker, another way to get that volumetric measurement would be using the same water displacement method suggested but accurately weighing the glass of water before and after sticking your cock into it. Since water has a specific gravity of 1.0 the difference in weight (measured in or converted to grams) would be the same as one's penile volume, in cubic centimeters. Once accurately measured you could then compare your dick size to the displacement of your favorite motorcycle, ATV or snowmobile. My own cock would fall midway between a 350 Honda and a 440 Kawasaki.

I know my stuff ;)

Only we are not talking about measuring volume.

We are talking about measuring LENGTH and GIRTH and possibly WIDTH.

So talk about volume is irrelevant.

I don't think a rigid ruler is the best way to measure either since it doesn't take into account curvature or angle of the penis.

It's hardly irrelevant IMHO. The thread title is "Measuring properly"
What is the combination of length of girth? Volume.

I doubt there is a more accurate way of measuring the combination of both, i.e. volume than what he mentioned.