Measuring (to the tenth of an inch)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

11.5: I am curious about something. From time to time I come across someone posting their cock stats to the tenth of an inch. For instance, someone will be like, 10.3 or something like that. How do you measure to that exactness? To me anything under a half inch is too hard to be accurate with.

Thoughts?

eleven

2. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: I think 1/4 is manageable - but without calipers and such .1 seems exact to me.

3. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

I also use ¼" increments. I say that my cock measures 9¼" because on average it's a little over 9", but less than 9½". Not very scientific perhaps, but convenient.

4. txquis

Gold Member

I won't lie..
    i round UP to the nearest inch.
    LOL

5. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: DMW - OE? I presume you're typing 1/4 or 1/2 but YABB doesn't like it.

txquis - I should try that - 8 sounds better than 7.25" - after all that is UP to the nearest inch.

7x6&C

6. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: I think that's what most men on the internet do... round up. If not to the nearest inch, then at least to the nearest 2, 3 or 4 inches! :D I try to keep my measurements as exact as possible.

7. Imported

Gold Member

Ineligible: As a scientist, I highly approve of a high degree of accuracy. If people are measuring to a higher degree of accuracy than their day-to-day variation, of course they should include a range (or possibly a standard deviation).

8. jonb

Gold Member

Most just use the binary rounding of their ruler, to the eighth or quarter. I like the idea of the sixteenth; then four bits are in the whole numbers and four are in the fractions.

9. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: hmmm. I would usually restrict my measurements to the 1/4 or the 1/2. Anything more precise just seems pointless. I usually end up exactly on the 1/4 or 1/2 mark when i measure anyway.

10. Imported

Gold Member

tallmansf: My guess is that some people are from countries that use the metric system (i.e. practically the whole world aside from the U.S.) and they are converting from centimeters to inches, which will usually yield a decimal fraction.

11. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: The only thing I've measured that precisely is what I am across... 1 5/8" so that's like 1.6 right? but I guess I am lucky enough not to have the length hit a number that isn't a fourth.

12. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: My Max usually says "9.25 give or take" because we all know it changes size by marginal amounts depending on just how hard you were when you measured.

I tend to agree with the metric system theory...

13. Imported

Gold Member

TragicWhiteKnight: Thanks to the Metric System, the love of my life which made high-schools maths accomplishable (although not high-school English, given I'm making up words), UK rulers are usually written with tenths of centimetres.

For a measurement, it's pretty simple just to get good and hard (or lie back and think of Heather Graham, as it used to be back in the good old days of 'Austin Powers 2'), flatten it out (without a rolling pin. Unless you're into that kind of thing) and take a reading.

Tenth measuring is the way forward; not only is it more accurate, but it means the next time you feel like checking your size, you've got something to compare it with - oh, the anticipation: have I grown? Will I shrink? It makes cock size judging fun the the whole family. The male family, at least.

TragicWhiteKnight

PS: Hmm...maybe I should start selling my old rulers on eBay as 'Special Exactitude Penis Measuring Devices'. I'll be rich!

14. Imported

Gold Member

mindseye: Eh, if you want to give really precise measurements, provide us with a topographic map of it. ::)

15. Imported

Gold Member

PackingVegas: Actually I don't measure mine at all. I like not knowing the number. For one thing, it makes it easier to tell those who ask, "I don't know, but I've never gotten any complaints." For those who won't shut up, there's usually a water bottle nearby to point to.

16. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: lol, good point PackingVegas.

And for alot of guys measurements=obsession. Obsessing, obsessing, obsessing about how big it has gotten, whether or not it has shrunk, about growing, etc., etc., etc. Would be a lot easier to just say "I'm big enough" when asked how large my member is. :)

17. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: *blowing my mind  :eek:*

So THAT'S the way to do it! I can deal with that!

18. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

[quote author=sammygirly link=board=meetgreet;num=1056733838;start=0#11 date=06/28/03 at 08:42:04]...because we all know it changes size by marginal amounts depending on just how hard you were when you measured.[/quote]

Exactly. I usually go by the half-inch. I know it might matter more to the possessor involved, but the way I see it, I'll get the bug-eyed reaction whether my dick ends in a .0 or .5. It's pretty hefty. (And besides, come on now... does your partner possess so keen an eyesight to discern that extra tenth-inch or so?)

19. jonb

Gold Member

[quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=meetgreet;num=1056733838;start=0#17 date=06/28/03 at 22:54:39]

Exactly.  I usually go by the half-inch.  I know it might matter more to the possessor involved, but the way I see it, I'll get the bug-eyed reaction whether my dick ends in a .0 or .5.  It's pretty hefty.  (And besides, come on now... does your partner possess so keen an eyesight to discern that extra tenth-inch or so?)
    [/quote]
    Well, last I measured (3 years ago), mine wnet exactly to 10 1/2", maybe a micron of difference. But I didn't know that it would continue growing, as some here have reported.

20. Imported

Gold Member

bustyredhead: Meh, anything works so long as you're not milking the last angstrom out of your size or something. :)

- Nene (All The Small Things)

Draft saved Draft deleted