measuring up?

nursejudy: How many of you have measured a guy's penis? Did you ask first or did you measure it while he was sleeping? ;D Did you measure it from the top or from the side or underside? What was the biggest one you actually measured?

Andrea: My husband claimed he had a small penis and asked me to measure it for him. He didn't need any help to become erect and I measured it with a sewing tape from the tip, along the top to where the penis meets his body (the "hinge"). It is just a little under 4 inches long which I have since learnt is pretty small. Especially so compared to many of the men posting on this site who claim to have a penis 3 times as long.

Andrea xxxx

ruscular: hmm, I would assume you would measure it from the shortest side. From the top, correct? If you measure it from the bottom you would keep going almost to your anus, past the balls.

reply to the lady with a small penis husband. Why are you in here? research info for your husband?

I have met a few woman, that had their ex-husband tell them that they had a big penis. The topic comes up alot with every woman I have been with, comparing with their past companion. I tell them I dont have a big penis at all, and honestly thought that I didn't. Anyway they stupidly tell them that they find out that they have a small penis.

Anyway, I think that sometime ignorance is bliss. I would hate to be the guy that eventually find out that he has a small penis, and now there are bunch of guys out there who have an average penis think that they are small.

the size of a man penis, silly it may be, can effect how they feel about themselves. So I hope you didn't break your man ego.

Krowax: The penis should be measured with a hard ruler, pushing through the fatpad to the pubic bone.

Or you can use a tape measure and measure just the visual length.. up to you. I do both :p 0.5" difference.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
[quote author=Krowax link=board=women;num=1069876895;start=0#3 date=11/27/03 at 07:44:26]

"...The penis should be measured with a hard ruler, pushing through the fatpad to the pubic bone.

Or you can use a tape measure and measure just the visual length.. up to you..."

[/quote]

The correct "method" to measure has been highly debated around here. But the above IS the medical standard from all indications I've come across. Of course, we are talking here about a TOP side measurement. The only other instruction omitted is pressing the erect penis downward when measuring....this helps extend the shaft every possible fraction of an inch...so important! ;)

Also, (interestingly) a man's "stretched out" flaccid size should yield the same erect length measurement---give or take that magical 1/2"....

The precaution on discussing with a man his dimensions
is well founded. It can make or break him (emotionally).
He may not ever let on, but believe you me, a man's penis size IS important to him.

The way to a man's heart may be (traditionally) "through his stomach" but the real inner core of his emotional happiness with himself often is just being confident in his "manhood". Both sexes--men and certainly women (God bless them!) have such a difficult time figuring all this out. But, we can't escape the fact though, that's it's true. Be careful ladies, what you say.

anonymous_pole: Put simply...the only measurement that matters is wherever its shortest(usually along the top). That is the extent of what is available for penetration.

For me that works out to 7.5" long and 7.25" around.

emilywee: i've measured several, maybe around 8 or so. i was asked to measure the first time, but the rest i've basically initiated. most were friends by the way, not guys i slept with.

pippi: and emily what was the result of your mini survey?

thingsteal: When you measure the penis from the top side to the urethral opening you're really only measuring from a "missionary" or even a "doggie-style" position. Essentially, it's "man on top".

If a woman is on top during sex she has the ability to control things and "get more in". Why? Because the scrotum is flexible and can move back towards the anus to allow more of the "long side" of the penis to enter.

The man's public bone is mostly on the top side of the penis. If you feel on the underneath side of the penis (the part which eventually joins with the scrotum) you eventually hit either the pubic bone or the prostate, but you can still feel where the penis ends. It's fairly obvious.

I've never bought into the "official" way of measuring an erect penis. It just assumes that the man is always on top and is having "missionary" position sex, something I rarely engage in. The wife prefers to be on top and so do I. Go try it, guys, and see how far down you're "coated" after "woman on top" sex.