Measuring????????

Rich2003: Hello everybody- hope u r all well wherever u r on this very small planet.

Being a straight guy the only penis I've ever measured has been my own. Now, I've had a couple of girlfriends measure me in the past for fun but have always assumed other girls, if I do not tell them, make a guesstimate of my size.

Many of the articles of LPSG refer to partners who had such and such a size. The question is how do you know for sure that they are that size??- as you're just getting down and dirty do u whip a ruler out from your back pocket or after you've seen a few penises do u become a size expert.

As a little test for myself I looked at a pint glass (measurement of beer in the UK for those who dont know) and guessed that the size of it was eight inches. When I got out my ruler and measured it was actually six. I'm obviously not a very good judge of size!!!

It is my belief that many people over-estimate a guys size and thats where we have claims of experiencing or seeing 14 inchers (even 17 inchers) when in fact they're probably big but not of such extreme proportions.

Rich

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree. Several people who have seen my penis have guessed its size to be considerably larger than it really is. Part of this is probably due to proportion; a big cock on a short person (like me) will tend to look bigger. But without a point of reference, many people people's estimates are way off!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I agree, DMW. Perspective and proportion do indeed skewer our idea of size.

A guy with wide hips and large thighs whose flaccid penis hangs 7x5 will be perceived to have a smaller endowment than a very thin man with the same size penis.

We've all seen the following. Although it uses horizontal lines instead of verticle it illustrates this thought very well.

http://www.yorku.ca/eye/Ponzo Illusion.htm

pumpingup4u: I just lost about 140lb and found 2" more and work with making it thicker.Smaller men show all their size and the over weight the penis is covered up and it alway looks biger on the smaller person that ok I like to look.
I am now 6'2'' 200lb 32" waist 52" chest. My penis has gone from 5" to 7" and at times reachs 8". This is for all the short penis boys there maybe more there then you think. e mail cringon4u@yahoo.com

gigantikok: I remember hearing this in a previous post or just hearing this back somewhere else... Most women tend to add 2 inches to whatever size their partner really is. So, unless they actually measured it, alot will claim that a 6 incher was a 7-8 incher. I assume that is why alot of women on this board (and on the internet) tend to make some people believe the average penis size of men across the world is increasing. Not true.

I haven't had any sexual partners that I haven't told my actual size to, but I guess that means simply by looks I'd be an 11 incher. :)

RedheadedSpdFrk: [quote author=Rich2003 link=board=meetgreet;num=1060785172;start=0#0 date=08/13/03 at 07:23:52]The question is how do you know for sure that they are that size??[/quote]

I've never pulled out a ruler in the heat of the moment. But I do know that my hand is 7.5 inches from the tip of my middle finger to the end of my palm (yes, long fingers) so I can get a rough estimate of my partner's penis size without him knowing. ;)

Stillwantmore22: Boy, what a way to spice thing up hmm? "Hey stud hang on a second while I compare you with the last guy". I've had girls in the past comment on my size. My most recent girlfriend swore up and down that I just had to be 9 inches. She even went so far as to brag to some of her friends on and offline about my "big 9 inch dick". I pulled the ruler out one day just to prove her wrong. Was "only" 7.5" back then.

Lovembig: I remember hearing this in a previous post or just hearing this back somewhere else... Most women tend to add 2 inches to whatever size their partner really is.

That may be true, but I think guys are more guilty of that than we are. Alot of guys Ive talked to on here are boasting sizes they can only dream of.

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
You can do like they measure horses. use your hand. My hand is 4" across the palm. I put both around, one on top of the other and have the head stick out the top. rough measurement...9". plus or minus half an inch and you have a very good estimate.

gigantikok: [quote author=geo8x6 link=board=meetgreet;num=1060785172;start=0#8 date=08/15/03 at 00:45:35]rough measurement...9". plus or minus half an inch and you have a very good estimate. [/quote]
Isn't your name Geo8x6? Have you grown some lately or something? If you have, congrats... depending on whether or not that is good news to you.

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Well, I will let you know that depending on how excited I am, I measure max 9 3/4 inch (I had a girlfriend who was a size queen and she measured before she would have sex) I say 8" because that is how big it is 90% of the time. And unlike some here on this site, I don't have a need to exaggerate. If you think about it, your penis is never the same twice when it is erect.

wvalady1968: Okay, but no one has described how to measure one, if in the heat of the moment, one would playfully want to know. From the base on top, underneath, side, base on top to base underneath divided by two??

Women brag about it to other women? OMG, I must lead a sheltered life! :eek:

hawl: [quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=meetgreet;num=1060785172;start=0#11 date=08/16/03 at 05:20:31]Okay, but no one has described how to measure one, if in the heat of the moment, one would playfully want to know. From the base on top, underneath, side, base on top to base underneath divided by two??
[/quote]
The standard "bone-pressed" medical way to measure is over the top of the penis with ruler or tape (or string) pressed firmly against the pubic bone. The standard Internet way is to loop some measuring tape around the scrotum, pull the tape to whatever distance feels right, and quickly record the results after having stayed awake for 3 days stoned, drunk, and tripping.

TragicWhiteKnight: One sneaky way to estimate dick-size without asking would be find out how big another body part is, then compare and contrast.

That works especially well if they have tattoo - you've a reason to be curious and it's always there at roughly the same size.

H8Monga: [quote author=rrrrrr link=board=meetgreet;num=1060785172;start=0#12 date=08/16/03 at 06:13:10]
The standard Internet way is to loop some measuring tape around the scrotum, pull the tape to whatever distance feels right, and quickly record the results after having stayed awake for 3 days stoned, drunk, and tripping.[/quote]

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhh rrrrrr! :-X Don't be telling my secrets like that!

[quote author=pumpingup4u link=board=meetgreet;num=1060785172;start=0#3 date=08/13/03 at 10:03:56]I just lost about 140lb and found 2" more and work with making it thicker.Smaller men show all their size and the over weight the penis is covered up and it alway looks biger on the smaller person that ok I like to look.
I am now 6'2'' 200lb 32" waist 52" chest. My penis has gone from 5" to 7" and at times reachs 8". This is for all the short penis boys there maybe more there then you think. e mail cringon4u@yahoo.com[/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement, however I doubt if I lost weight I'd find a magical 2"... after all I already press the pad when measuring... if I lost weight I'd just get that... right?

SimplyHung: [quote author=geo8x6 link=board=meetgreet;num=1060785172;start=0#8 date=08/15/03 at 00:45:35]You can do like they measure horses. use your hand. My hand is 4" across the palm. I put both around, one on top of the other and have the head stick out the top. rough measurement...9". plus or minus half an inch and you have a very good estimate. [/quote]

That's my method of choice, too. I come out to ~10" long.

thepress83: Yup that's the easiest way I know of doing it.
Press

TechnoTed: The ONLY accepted way of measuring by PROS (and those in the Horsemen's Club ;D) is exactly as mentioned previously by rrrr on 8/16. With your best hard-on, press a stick ruler hard on your pubic bone on the TOP of your cock and measure to the very tip by eye-balling the ruler with a perpendicular drop to the tip.
F.Y.I. The best way to measure girth (circumference) is to take a string and wrap it once around the area you want to measure. With a felt pen, mark both strings and measure between the marks. That's your girth. To calc your diameter, simply divide by pi (3.14). It doesn't matter if you are using inches or metric. To get an idea of the size of Your girth, see if you can place a toilet paper roll tube over your cock. ??? The diameter is 1.6" (or multiplied by pi, is 5" for girth). If your weinie will fit in the roll :-/ and you are using development exercises to improve your size to a sausage, :) you have a handy "yard-stick" to measure your growth using the tube. ;) Good Times

prepstudinsc: One must be able to get their head through a toilet paper tube in order to measure that way. I was told that an easier way to tell the thickness is to wrap a US bill (our paper currency is the same size, unlike in other parts of the world) around a hard dick. If the edges touch, the thickness is roughly 6.25". As to length, my dick curves upward, so I have to use a flexible tape measure to measure my length for the true size, as I get cheated if I use a ruler or other non-flexible measuring device.

7x6andchg: I haven't heard about the dollar bill - lengthwise, I assume?