Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Business show in the Uk today had on three people with unusual companies. One sells sex toys, the second makes those cigarette replacement nicotine dispensers...and the third was a pot vendor from oregon. the pot seller has a multi million dollar business, and the local tourist industry is absolutely booming. said he has a difficulty because banks are not permitted to deal with drug sellers... so he has to do all his transactions in cash. However he also said the neighbors have just about got over the idea that all hell would break loose when he started in business, because it didnt. think he said he pays about 30% tax on sales and turnover about 8 million, so nice little earner for the state.

And in the UK today a mother was in the news campaigning for the legalisation of ecstacy because her daughter died from an unexpectedly strong one she took. Which would not have happened had she got it from the local pharmacy.

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ahh, Doncha just love these arguments"?..[QUOTE
]And in the UK today a mother was in the news campaigning for the legalisation of ecstacy because her daughter died from an unexpectedly strong one she took. Which would not have happened had she got it from the local pharmacy.[/QUOTE]:biggrin1::biggrin1:parents anguish and guilt lashing out at society and government again. Sad sad sad..In other words, Mother condones Ecstasy as long as it comes from a pharmacy?.Hmm..Mom sounds like a regular costumer.

mikeyh9in

Cherished Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Even more interesting is that some studies show that Marijuana actually protects the the lungs from cancer. It is also a neuro-protector -- keeping brain cells healthy.

Marijuana does not cause lung cancer:
US: Web: Study: Smoking Marijuana Does Not Cause Lung Cancer

I too was extremely skeptical... how can all these varied illnesses be helped by marijuana? Then I read and studied about the endocannabinoid system. The system is in most creatures and centered around the nervous and digestive systems (this system -- like the nervous system -- can be traced back to simple multi-cell creatures -- like sponges). Different receptors regulate different aspects of your body (CB1 and CB2 are two well known receptors in the brain and digestive system). This fact explains why so many varied (seemingly disconnected) illnesses are helped by marijuana.

An interesting fact is that European drug manufactures tried to exploit the endocannabinoid system by thinking -- if CB1 receptors in the body trigger the "munchies"... and we are able to block the CB1 receptors, we would have a great diet pill. Well it worked and they released it. Problem is that the CB1 receptors do far more than regulate hunger... and people on the drug had a far higher rate of suicide, and the drug was pulled from the market.

Another great thing about THC (one form of the cannabinoids in Marijuana) has the ability of cellular apoptosis -- the ability to tell a cell to kill itself. Studies have found that THC has the ability to tell cancer cells to kill themselves, while keeping healthy cells around them alive.

Big Pharma is afraid of marijuana.

Someone posted early-on in this thread about the possibility of contractin lung cancer from smoking pot.
The truth of the matter is...there hasn't been a single documented case of marijuana-caused lung cancer on record...ANYWHERE! If there was, big-pharma and the liquor industry would be all over it, exploiting that first documented case in an effort to gain new customers.
Now that medical studies are actually being conducted in states where it is medically legal, it appears marijuana is actually MORE beneficial in treating leukemia and other cancers. It is also being shown to be a better pain-controlling substance than most high-priced pharmaceuticals currently on the market. As more studies are conducted, the benefits of decriminalizing pot are becoming more apparent.
Law enforcement is only against decriminalization because the bulk of their yearly budgets are based on arresting as many potheads as possible in the FAILED war on drugs. If pot becomes legal, their budgets will be SLASHED! Just imagine, your local sheriff's department won't get the funding for that late-model tank they need for making drug-raids at the local grow houses. Holy shit, what will the militarized SWAT teams do when funding for their militarized weapons purchases are slashed. Now they won't be able to afford futuristic body armor and weapons of mass destruction, even though Joe pot grower doesn't even own a gun! There go the plans for the newest spy-drones with heat-seeking Hellfire missile capability...DAMN!!!

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Even more interesting is that some studies show that Marijuana actually protects the the lungs from cancer. It is also a neuro-protector -- keeping brain cells healthy.

interesting ... contrary to what they have told us for years ...
thanks for your post/link
as stated i would give this a 100% personal trial if the need arose
seeking an alternative pain relief appeals
we dont have such medical marijuana cards here in NZ
but like euthanasia, i will give it a good try ... for sure!
when you believe in something you try it huh ..

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Marijuana does not cause lung cancer:
US: Web: Study: Smoking Marijuana Does Not Cause Lung Cancer

I too was extremely skeptical... how can all these varied illnesses be helped by marijuana? Then I read and studied about the endocannabinoid system. The system is in most creatures and centered around the nervous and digestive systems (this system -- like the nervous system -- can be traced back to simple multi-cell creatures -- like sponges). Different receptors regulate different aspects of your body (CB1 and CB2 are two well known receptors in the brain and digestive system). This fact explains why so many varied (seemingly disconnected) illnesses are helped by marijuana.

An interesting fact is that European drug manufactures tried to exploit the endocannabinoid system by thinking -- if CB1 receptors in the body trigger the "munchies"... and we are able to block the CB1 receptors, we would have a great diet pill. Well it worked and they released it. Problem is that the CB1 receptors do far more than regulate hunger... and people on the drug had a far higher rate of suicide, and the drug was pulled from the market.

Another great thing about THC (one form of the cannabinoids in Marijuana) has the ability of cellular apoptosis -- the ability to tell a cell to kill itself. Studies have found that THC has the ability to tell cancer cells to kill themselves, while keeping healthy cells around them alive.

Big Pharma is afraid of marijuana.
yeah? Just wait until the big phamecueticals get ahold of it. Be careful what you want, for you may get it. How much junk do they put in cigarettes? How much crap do they put in medication?..Fast Food?, soda pop?, want me to keep going? How do ya think the FDA will reclassify Marijuana? What will it take? Think about the Financial/Insurance/Real Estate Industry? Now who wants Marijuana legal and who doesn't? Whoever has the most toys wins"

D

deleted235425

Alaska is now the third state to make it legal. It follows Washington and Colorado. Oregon has not made it legal yet. Oregon has passed laws to make pot legal, but it hasn't gone into force yet. California is the next target of the groups that want to make pot legal.

According to wiki: As of 2015, Bangladesh, North Korea, Czech Republic, Portugal, Uruguay, the Netherlands, and the United States (Washington, Colorado, Oregon, Alaska, Washington, D.C.(Blocked), and the cities of Portland, and South Portland) have the least restrictive cannabis laws while China, Indonesia, Japan, Sweden, Turkey, France, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, Philippines and the United Arab Emirates have the strictest cannabis laws. My note: Strange groupings.
Legality of cannabis by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BulgeNine

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
so i got my medical marijuana last week. Havent had the nerve to smoke it because i work every day. It never seems like a good time to try it. Any suggestions?

mikeyh9in

Cherished Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
so i got my medical marijuana last week. Havent had the nerve to smoke it because i work every day. It never seems like a good time to try it. Any suggestions?

First, what are your reasons for marijuana use?

You don't necessarily need to "smoke" it in the traditional sense. You can get a vaporizer. They have both small handheld vaporizers or larger ones (see Volcano).

You could also get oils or other digestible forms. I make an infused glycerin based... the glycerin absorbs very quickly.

They also have edibles (cookies, chex mix, etc.)

But if you are going to use for the first time:

- Be in a safe place.
- If you have friends that smoke, invite them over so they can monitor you.
- Keep in mind that you likely won't get "high" the first time. It will take a few times before that happens.
- The mind effects only last a few hours and there is no hangover to speak of.

The different forms on ingesting yield different affects on the body, so also keep that in mind. I'm not that into actual edibles because it is absorbed into your body differently and I'm not a fan on having it linger for hours.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Take it easy on that medical grade stuff... weed has always come in 4 different strengths and grades:

1). Dirt Weed
2). Commercial, Schwag
3). Mid, Mid grade, Midi
4). Hydro, Kind, Kush, Skunk, Sensi

Grade 1 and 2 don't have a pleasant taste and their potency is usually very low
Grade 3 has a decent taste and decent potency
Grade 4 has the fancy taste, smell and potency can range from high to very high

Most if not all of the weed that's being sold today Medically or legally is Grade 4

I would absolutely NOT advise anyone who is a beginner smoker start out on grade 4

Edibles, oils and waxes have extremely high concentrations and should also be avoided unless using the strictest portion control

Make sure you've eaten before you smoke since you will have less of a "sick" reaction to Marijuana with a full belly. Do not drive or operate anything that has a danger... don't decide to make Quesadillas and get out the butcher knife to chop onions.

Like Mikey said, just relax and be around friends who are familiar with marijuana.

Marijuana allows humans to connect to their "source" and regenerate their inner peace. Great music will most certainly improve the experience.

Good luck!