Medical Question...

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I know, I'm constantly giving advice and telling people that they should go to the hospital, but I'm really curious as to what this could be.

Today, my younger brother came up to me and showed me this odd scabbed blister on his pelvis/hip bone. It kind of looks like a meteor hit the moon (that crater effect). It's red, not itchy, and the scab just falls off he said. He's got two more on the base of his shaft and he's not sure where he got them from.

I'm not sure if it's an STD because it doesn't sound like one I've heard of before, plus he's always wearing condoms and is in a monogamous relationship.

Has anyone seen a crater-like injury before? It isn't blistering, no pus, it looks like the aftermath of picking a scab after chicken pox.

Thoughts?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I've ruled out herpes (being the doctor that I am) because of the lack of a blister/pus etc...

He's going to the clinic tomorrow, I'm just curious as to what it could be so I can prepare him for it.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
nudeyorker makes a very good point. It may be in his best interest to review his risk factors for Lyme disease. If not treated promptly and adequately it can become a chronic, multi-system illness. I'm going on seventeen years and deal with it on a continuing basis. Due to the controversies about this illness some physicians are reluctant to diagnose and treat, even when they suspect it. Others just don't know. The CDC estimates that it is under-diagnosed by a factor of ten.
Dave

TheMarchHare

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Yeah, I'm gonna guess either scabies or ringworm. As a doctor you know that neither makes a difference if you wear a condom or not.. plus, considering he's your brother.. and you're a doctor.. he could just be telling you he always wears condoms. Either way, send him to a health clinic. The faster it's diagnosed, the faster it's treated.

and keep us updated just because I'm sure we're all baffled as to what it may be..

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Oh, sorry, I meant, I'm not a doctor.... but, having said that, my faith has yet to be restored in Doctors.

After a 4 hour wait in the ER, my brother was greeted with, " I don't know what this is, Jared Black".

Anyways, skin samples have been taken, and it's been decided that it's a Bacterial or Skin infection. As a result, he's got a cream and a follow up appt. He doesn't seem bothered about it, but he was jsut concerned because the injuries were located so close to his dick.

As a side note, he and I are both pretty firm on the condom thing and he doesn't lie to me about anything sexual because he knows I'm in the know.

Also, thanks for the help, everyone.

Last edited:

TroMag

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Today, my younger brother came up to me and showed me this odd scabbed blister on his pelvis/hip bone. It kind of looks like a meteor hit the moon (that crater effect). It's red, not itchy, and the scab just falls off he said. He's got two more on the base of his shaft and he's not sure where he got them from.
Could be herpes.
I'm not sure if it's an STD because it doesn't sound like one I've heard of before, plus he's always wearing condoms and is in a monogamous relationship.
Herpes does not usually present with the horror show symptoms that are usually pictured on STD websites. That is why 80-90% of people with genital herpes are unaware they have it.

Condoms are not very effective at preventing HSV transmission. The fact that he’s got two more blisters at the base of his penis adds to my concern. When infected with HSV, the first outbreak usually happens at the site of infection. For a guy wearing a condom, this is usually the base of the shaft and the scrotum – have him check his balls.
I've ruled out herpes (being the doctor that I am) because of the lack of a blister/pus etc...
Studies show that even urologists and gynos fail to identify herpes at an alarming rate. Probably because the symptoms can vary greatly, and most doctors are looking for the classic horror show symptoms.

I’m not saying he has it. I’m just saying that you haven’t presented any evidence to make me rule out herpes infection.
He's going to the clinic tomorrow, I'm just curious as to what it could be so I can prepare him for it.
I wish him the best. Let us know how it goes.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Your brother needs to get in and get this checked. There are several possibilities and none of them are wonderful. The ONLY good answer is an MD and possibly some blood work.

Good Luck,