medication and breast tenderness

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by sassy Lisa, Oct 29, 2009.

1. sassy Lisa

sassy Lisa New Member

I have just recently been prescribed Citalopram for depression, Trazodone for sleep aid and Buspirone for anxiety. What can I say I am a mess right now.

The problem is since I started taking these medication my breast are extremely tender. I am use to my breast being tender near my period but that happen a week ago so my breast should be able to take some very rough play. I was very upset when playing with my hubby and he did his normal suckling while having sex and I had to tell him it was to much. One of my pleasure zones is my hubby suckling my breast.

Has anybody else had this problem happen when taking any kind of medication??

2. sassy Lisa

sassy Lisa New Member

Okay so once again I'm odd and my hubby and me will have to firgure it. Keep ya posted on what we find.

3. D_Fulbert Ashplant Babbage

Hey Lisa,
    I can't speak to specifics, but it sounds like you've got quite the chemical combination going on there. Have there been any other changes in, say, your diet recently as well?

P

4. dolfette

Gold Member

citalopram?
    i lactated on that med!
    for real.
    it was frickin' weird.
    if i hadn't known the sensation from when i had babies, i would've just thought them sore.

crazy, crazy pill.

yup, boob issues are a well known side effect.
    it was on the leaflet that came with the pills.

5. D_Fulbert Ashplant Babbage

After a quick look-up, it does appear to be a side effect. Rare, but possible none the less.
    Citalopram (Oral Route): Side effects - MayoClinic.com

6. Ed69

Gold Member

Thanks for the input everyone, and the link.Lisa will be weaning herself off this pill as it's causing more problems than it's solving.

7. sassy Lisa

sassy Lisa New Member

Yeah it is a bad combination if you ask me. The only thing that has changed in my diet is that I don't snack alot anymore.

8. sassy Lisa

sassy Lisa New Member

Thank you for confirming what I thought all along, My paper work from the pharmacist never said this may be a rare side effect.:rolleyes:
    I really don't want to start Lactating again because it took me three months to dry up after both of my kids.:eek:

Thank you so much for the link, it answer mutiple question I had about other symptons that I had along with the tenderness. I swear if the doctors had listen to me to begin with I would have never been on the stupid drug.

Thank you both for your information and confirmation of what I thought was the problem. I will be weaning off the stupid stuff and keep you posted.:biggthumpup:

9. D_Fulbert Ashplant Babbage

My pleasure, Sassy. :biggrin1:

P

10. sassy Lisa

sassy Lisa New Member

Just wanted to give everybody an update. Yes I am almost done getting off that stupid antidepresand that was messing me up royaly, Happily Ed has to be very gentle but at least he can suckle my breast again. Now if I could get my thought process to level out. I am finding myself still struggling with memory. But at least the other two drugs are helping keeping me from losing my mind and getting over anxious. Thank again for all your input.

11. sassy Lisa

sassy Lisa New Member

Just an update I see my doctor this week and well will see what happens next. All I know is she is not going to keep me on the stupid drug that ain't doing any thing but making my breast tender.

Draft saved Draft deleted