Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's twelve midnight and here I am again sitting up on my lap top surfing the web not getting enough sleep feeling frustrated :frown1:. I generally have sex with my partner twice a week maybe three if I am lucky. More and more I am feeling frustrated to the point of contemplating being unfaithful.
My question is does anyone know of any medications to reduce sex drive as it is driving me crazy and hurting my relationship?
Or do I just hook up with someone who has similar sex drive as me?:biggrin1:

aqua-illusion

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
or just masturbate...buy some toys...
if sex is just a thing you want to do, then don't be in a relationship...
if you truly care about this person and like being intimate with her/him then you will find ways around your own sexual desires to satiate yourself and still be faithful.

if sex is so important to you than maybe you should find someone who shares your sexual appetite.

Last edited:

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi syagash,
You're not alone in your predicament. There's another thread that touches on the same subject: http://www.lpsg.org/221098-castration-fantasy-4.html
I hope you'll get more responses on this thread, although due to your question in the last line of your post I'm not sure if you're being serious about wanting to reduce your sex drive.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I feel for ya... I've actually asked my PA when I was in the army if there was such a glorious medication.

He laughed at me.

I never got an answer... if you find out, let me know.

Certain types of birth control reduce the sex drive in women. I went off the pill because it killed my sex drive, but that effect was less when I was on the ring because it releases fewer chemicals. "The shot" may work because it involves such a huge dose of hormones, but I'd be concerned about the safety of doing that.

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I feel for ya... I've actually asked my PA when I was in the army if there was such a glorious medication.

He laughed at me.

I never got an answer... if you find out, let me know.

As Petite says (above), birth control meds can reduce sex drive, but were you talking about reducing your own sex drive DasLeezard?
There are herbs and foods that can bring down testosterone levels in men, but they are not as gloriously effective as meds like Depo-Provira and Cyproterone Acetate. (Couldn't resist your use of 'glorious' :eek:)
But I'm not surprised to hear your MD laughed. I bet it was nervous laughter. Our doctor was obviously shocked when my wife and I broached the subject. But that was maybe 15 years ago. I'd hope that doctors are a bit more open to the idea now, although I don't know if they are any more inclined to prescribe for the problem.

Last edited:

DasLeezard

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Certain types of birth control reduce the sex drive in women. I went off the pill because it killed my sex drive, but that effect was less when I was on the ring because it releases fewer chemicals. "The shot" may work because it involves such a huge dose of hormones, but I'd be concerned about the safety of doing that.

I tried the shot and pills.. they only succeeded in making me very sick. :(

As Petite says (above), birth control meds can reduce sex drive, but were you talking about reducing your own sex drive DasLeezard?
There are herbs and foods that can bring down testosterone levels in men, but they are not as gloriously effective as meds like Depo-Provira and Cyproterone Acetate. (Couldn't resist your use of 'glorious' :eek:)
But I'm not surprised to hear your MD laughed. I bet it was nervous laughter. Our doctor was obviously shocked when my wife and I broached the subject. But that was maybe 15 years ago. I'd hope that doctors are a bit more open to the idea now, although I don't know if they are any more inclined to prescribe for the problem.

His laugh wasn't nervous... it was more like 'You can't be serious, why the hell would you do that?'

It didn't help that he was hot. GAH! FUCK I would have just rode him to death on the exam table.

Stupid army Officer/Enlisted fraternizing rules...

B_CheatingStacy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Anti-depressants....

A few years ago I was depressed and was put on Lexapro. Completely killed my sex drive but didn't help the depression. Talking therapy helped me realize my depression was largely due to an unsatisfying sex life...

Fast forward to now...... I have a very satisfying sex life outside my marriage. I am happier than I've ever been. My husband is happier. Our relationship and sex life are better because I no longer harbor resentment against him. Yes, I am cheating, but I think part of him knows it and chooses to not acknowledge it. Your sex drive is a big part of who you are. Don't deny it. Find the path that makes you and the significant others in your life happiest.

D_Alec_Baldtwins

Account Disabled
Media
I've done a lot of reading about the age of fighting sail, and read in a couple of different places that potassium nitrate was added to sailor's food because it was supposed to lower libido. I have no idea if this has any basis in fact, and at any hand, since it's the primary ingredient in gunpowder, it's unlikely you're going to get your hands on any. I'm sure there are better ways to go, masturbation being only one.

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are several medications that have a side effect of reduced sex drive; however, the act of having to take a pill in order to be "happier" in a relationship is....well, pretty self-evident, is it not?

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are several medications that have a side effect of reduced sex drive; however, the act of having to take a pill in order to be "happier" in a relationship is....well, pretty self-evident, is it not?

We make all kinds of sacrifices and compromises to make relationships work. For instance, women take the birth control pill in order to be "happier" in a relationship. Nothing wrong with them doing that, is there?

uncutblond34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just masturbate..several times in a row if you need to... buy some toys..tell your partner you want more sex..... and enjoy the fact you're having these feelings. Just remember, there are alot of people here who WANT to, and can't.
You've all heard the story that there's a food that will KILL a woman's sex drive, right ? It's called "WEDDING CAKE".... hehehehehe

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We make all kinds of sacrifices and compromises to make relationships work. For instance, women take the birth control pill in order to be "happier" in a relationship. Nothing wrong with them doing that, is there?

I believe most women take birth control pills to not get pregnant and they know most men won't comply with condoms. My point is that the OP is obviously considering other partners, "its getting so bad" etc that the question isn't about a pill but incompatibility.