Medicine Show

Still_Growing

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd like the other characters to come back...Chris' storyline is interesting, but too ridiculous. The other characters have some real opportunity for great storylines to continue

InterestingGuy, those story lines are done by Longbow, chris' is done by faf. Chris' storyline is not too ridiculous, unless you think that a growth cream is absolutely typical as well. Please be considerate. be patient as real life takes precedence over this board.

Last edited:

Still_Growing

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Im liking the story but Chris is Too big unless he fucks a giant he wont ever have sex with a normal sized girl. I think he needs to loose some inches so he can be in the 10-15 inch reign

Charle, greg and terry are in that range. It's well established that the characters cant magically lose size, and that chris is far too big to have sex with a normal girl. The writer controls the characters, respect that and appreciate it. The readers give direction and insight.

floopypoo22

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Any author bashers should just shut the hell up right now. You don't have to like to story, but don't ruin it for those who do by making uncalled for negative commentary that will only serve to discourage the author from writing more. You are under no obligation to read this story, and the author will not rewrite or drastically change the story because his and your turn-ons fail to converge (and even if he did so, it would only lead to disappointment for the many who are already enjoying the story as it is). When I don't enjoy a story anymore, I do the sensible thing and give up on it, I don't go telling the author how I think their work is boring and stupid.

Reactions: Ppsstt

Fafhrd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm amazed that people who don't like the story made it all the way to page 27! At least you have determination!

For all of those who think that Chris is just too big, you're right. He was "too big" at 22". No girl is taking a 22" cock.

You might have noticed that the storyline, so far, has included several beneficiaries of the cream: Bruce, with an 14+" cock, Terry, with a 12" cock, Terry's sisters, who enlarged their breasts (and, for one, her boooty), and Chris, who is currently sporting a 30" cock. Also present is Greg, who is definitely over 12" without the cream.

Of all of these people, only Chris is too big to have penetrating sex (Greg thinks he is, but I suspect there are some gay men who might be able to take him, if not all the way). Bruce and Terry have both had sex, and will probably be having more. There's plenty of other people who might be using the cream (both male and female). I'm hoping that Chris ends up staying the biggest. So, of all of the potential people using the cream, one of them isn't having normal sex.

That is deliberate on several accounts. First, as much as I take a great deal of pride in my story, this is Longbow9's creation. I didn't even know until after he returned from hiatus that he was considering the Chris material canon. They are his characters, especially Greg, Chris, and Bruce. I don't feel comfortable writing about them. If you want to read only the stories about them, wait until he returns and start reading then. I love his stuff, too. I won't be insulted.

Second, in the case of Greg, I'm not gay. I have less than zero problems with gay people. I can't imagine why any heterosexual male would have a problem with gay guys. It reduces my competition.:biggrin1: I don't feel confident that I would be describing gay sex correctly in anything other than an technical sense. You aren't going to be seeing any gay sex stories from me (unless you consider watching someone jerk off gay), for the same reason I'm not writing a story about lacrosse players. I've lived next to lacrosse players. I've been friends with lacrosse players. I'm not one, and I'm not that knowledgable about it.

Third, I thought it would be interesting to focus on the ONE guy in the story who wasn't getting any penetration. Nothing wrong with all the sex. I love it, and I can't wait to read some more when Longbow is back. However, I wanted to take seriously the idea that Chris is too big to have sex. Not to ignore it and let him plow some girl. Not handwave it away and let the cream magically create 'portable holes' in girls (nerd alert!). Not have him get huge, then immediately shrink him down again so he can have sex like Terry and Bruce. I wanted to actually focus on the guy who was too big for sex.

Note that I'm not saying he will stay too big for sex. Maybe the cream wears off. Maybe it loses potency over time, or maybe some big pharmaceutical company (where would one of those come from?) develops some treatment for it. However, all of those are maybes. For right now, Chris is the guy who is too big to fuck.

However, notice, I said "fuck". Chris can't stick his dick in a woman. That shouldn't be taken to indicate that he can't enjoy his sexuality, nor that a woman can't be sexually satisfied by him. I'm not going to be writing a story where Jen dates Chris out of pity but secretly wishes that some regular stud could satisfy her. She's turned on by his size, and he's GOING to satisfy her (even if she has to train him how in exact detail). Thinking of sex as consisting solely of sticking tab A into slot B and repeating until done means you are a lousy lover. Thinking about all the ways you can pleasure someone might make you a better one.

I do appreciate the dilemma that many of you are in, though. You probably got interested, like I did, in this story because of Longbow's incredibly hot story and good sense of humor. Then, someone else keeps writing a lot of it. I assure you, I will like it when Longbow has some more time to write, too. His stuff is hot!

However, I've taken efforts to build a separate cast for Chris. He has a girlfriend off campus, and tension there with her room-mates. He has those lesbians in one of his classes. There's someone in the dining hall keeping an eye on him. Javier knows him too, but not his roommates (yet). If you like the Chris storylines, I think I have a LOT of future stuff to post (you should see how much more is written than posted! I just keep revising!). If you don't like Chris, he won't be intruding all the time into the Greg/Terry/Chrissy/Barbie/Eva storyline. Once Longbow gets back in the saddle, you can enjoy all of those stories.

To make a long post short (TOO LATE), I can't write like Longbow, I can only write like me. To do so would be to screw up his characters, and, like you, I enjoy them.

Big Jake

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just keep doing what youre doing man. I for one absoutely love what's going on with this story. so much so that I'm keeping a doc copy on my comp for my reading pleasure. I think you an longbow9 make a great team. I wouldn't mind reading all about Chris and his adventures.

Mcbubble

Experimental Member
Media
I like the idea of chris being too large for conventional sex not only is it a new approach, its realistic (ignore the fact that size is to big to be real lol) I personally like how the non sex stuff (him dealing with it in class shower and what not) The solo stuff is hot too. Keep going mate, keep going!

Fafhrd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She looked at him and smiled. “Not everybody gets an endowment like this, Chris.” Her hand gently roamed over one of his bloated balls, and his towering wood twitched. “Most guys, if they were this heavy, would have been stretched out like an old sock. Somehow, you keep your shape pretty well. I want to keep my boobs as nice and firm as possible, so I have to give them some support. Maybe you can have a sample later if you are a good boy.”

“OK, I guess that makes sense, but what about these?” Chris gestured at Jen’s tiny panties, already soaked with her arousal.

“Sweetie pie, as much as I want it to, that thing isn’t going anywhere near my little kitty.” Jen said firmly. “No hurt the kitty. Kitty like Chris.”

“I know that.” said Chris. I meant, maybe I could touch you there in, uh, other ways?” I think I can navigate my way around down there. Fuck, I'll buy a miner's helmet and some compressed air if I need to.

Jen seemed a bit surprised and pleased by the offer. “Chris, you’ve got a rock hard thirty inch boner and you want to go down on me?”

“Well, I mean, yes! I can’t wait to get my mouth on every other inch of your body, so I’m assuming your ‘cookie’ will be at least as appetizing. I love cookies.” He licked his lips exaggeratedly and rubbed his belly. “Plus, it only seems fair.”

Jen laughed and leaned forward, putting her forehead against his chest. He could feel her long hair tickling his skin all the way to his groin. “Ohmigod! You are the sweetest thing! Let’s just focus on you for tonight, OK? I think we’ll have our hands full with that.” She flipped the lid open on her bottle of lube, then looked up and down the gigantic mast in front of her. “We’re gonna need a bigger bottle.”

Great, thought Chris. Now I’m gonna pop a boner every time I see Roy Scheider. There goes the Jaws marathon.

She reached back to the bedside table and opened the latching door underneath the drawer, revealing an cabinet stocked with bottles of Astroglide. “Fortunately, I buy in bulk.” She grabbed another bottle and saw Chris looking at her in shock. “Do you think that there aren’t any girls who want sex all the time?”

Chris took her wrists in his hands and pulled her towards him. “No. I just can’t believe that I was lucky enough to meet one who just happens to like gigantic cocks, as well as being the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen.” He pulled her in for a kiss.

Jen dropped the bottles and swung her arms around his neck. She fell forward onto his chest, her large breasts pressing into his pecs. Jen swung her right leg around the tree trunk of his cock, though she did bump it a little with her knee in her haste. Taken aback, Chris swung his hands around her little torso and was a bit surprised to realize that he was cupping her spectacularly firm butt. He gave it an exploratory squeeze and the squeal of delight from Jen transformed her kiss from a closed mouth peck into the start of an insistent, open-mouthed tongue lashing. Chris felt a little out of his league as Jen nibbled on his lips, sucked on his tongue, and explored every inch of his mouth with her own. However, given how tightly she was holding him to her, and judging by the muffled coos and moans, his own enthusiastic efforts seemed to be appreciated. Jen shifted a little bit on his torso and her dainty feet caressed the sides of his shaft. Chris’s hands shot up from her perfect ass to the back of her head and pulled her face so tightly to his that he almost felt like he was going to devour her. Ohmigod, don't ever stop doing that!

Jen finally released her grip on Chris’s neck and insistently pushed his chest down and away from her. Their lip lock broke with an audible pop. She gasped for air, then said, huskily, “Now that was a first kiss!” Chris stretched forward to reach her again, his tongue questing hungrily out of his mouth.

He paused long enough to plead. “I’ll get better, I promise. I just need lots more practice. He ran his hands down the sides of her back, feeling the curves of her fat breasts against his inner forearm as they bulged out from the sides of her body. He tried to gently pull her back into another kiss. I think a few more hours of that and I’ll have it down. Nobody in high school kissed like that! Jen resisted firmly.

“No way, José. Epic makeout sessions will have to wait until Jen gets some sleep. If I’d known you could kiss like that, I’d have stayed when I delivered the first pizza. It’s waaaay too late at night, and we still have to wrestle this rascal into submission.” She ran her smooth calves over the sides of Chris’s massive manhood, as she lay on his chest. “I’d think about asking Kimber and Tasha for help, if I didn’t think they’d be scared of this monster.” She rolled off his torso, carefully avoiding kicking his rod this time, and sat cross-legged on the bed, appraising his dick. “Plus, I want it all for myself.” She rubbed her hands together greedily.

She reached for a bottle of lube, but stopped before she removed the lid. “I should probably ask this now, before finding out the hard way. How soon is the next eruption expected in Yosemite, and where’s the danger zone?” She cocked her finger at Chris’s throbbing cock. “I mean, do I need eye protection?”

Chris’s toes were almost curling with anticipation. “As hard as I am right now, Jen, you might need flood insurance. I don’t know exactly how far it might shoot out. I usually use a sock to catch it. However, I can tell you I’m right on the edge now.”

Jen looked back at him with a bit of confusion. “Do you buy socks just for your cock? It’s a lot bigger around than your calf, sweetie.” She rose to a kneeling position, and then lay across his torso. Chris could feel her breasts pressing into his arm as she fumbled under the bed. “We’ll use my Big Boy to handle my big boy,” she said, waving the t-shirt triumphantly. “I need to wash this anyway. It smells like pizza.” Jen cautiously draped the T-shirt over the tip of Chris’s prick, then sat back on her heels. She started to open the bottle, but looked up at Chris and suddenly began to giggle.

“What’s so funny?” demanded Chris.

Jen wiped her eye. “This just reminded me of my vacation in Texas last summer.”

“What? How?” asked Chris, a bit defensively.

She pointed at the white shirt draped forlornly over his massive pole. “It looks like they just surrendered the Alamo.”

floopypoo22

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm amazed that people who don't like the story made it all the way to page 27! At least you have determination!

For all of those who think that Chris is just too big, you're right. He was "too big" at 22". No girl is taking a 22" cock.

You might have noticed that the storyline, so far, has included several beneficiaries of the cream: Bruce, with an 14+" cock, Terry, with a 12" cock, Terry's sisters, who enlarged their breasts (and, for one, her boooty), and Chris, who is currently sporting a 30" cock. Also present is Greg, who is definitely over 12" without the cream.

Of all of these people, only Chris is too big to have penetrating sex (Greg thinks he is, but I suspect there are some gay men who might be able to take him, if not all the way). Bruce and Terry have both had sex, and will probably be having more. There's plenty of other people who might be using the cream (both male and female). I'm hoping that Chris ends up staying the biggest. So, of all of the potential people using the cream, one of them isn't having normal sex.

That is deliberate on several accounts. First, as much as I take a great deal of pride in my story, this is Longbow9's creation. I didn't even know until after he returned from hiatus that he was considering the Chris material canon. They are his characters, especially Greg, Chris, and Bruce. I don't feel comfortable writing about them. If you want to read only the stories about them, wait until he returns and start reading then. I love his stuff, too. I won't be insulted.

Second, in the case of Greg, I'm not gay. I have less than zero problems with gay people. I can't imagine why any heterosexual male would have a problem with gay guys. It reduces my competition.:biggrin1: I don't feel confident that I would be describing gay sex correctly in anything other than an technical sense. You aren't going to be seeing any gay sex stories from me (unless you consider watching someone jerk off gay), for the same reason I'm not writing a story about lacrosse players. I've lived next to lacrosse players. I've been friends with lacrosse players. I'm not one, and I'm not that knowledgable about it.

Third, I thought it would be interesting to focus on the ONE guy in the story who wasn't getting any penetration. Nothing wrong with all the sex. I love it, and I can't wait to read some more when Longbow is back. However, I wanted to take seriously the idea that Chris is too big to have sex. Not to ignore it and let him plow some girl. Not handwave it away and let the cream magically create 'portable holes' in girls (nerd alert!). Not have him get huge, then immediately shrink him down again so he can have sex like Terry and Bruce. I wanted to actually focus on the guy who was too big for sex.

Note that I'm not saying he will stay too big for sex. Maybe the cream wears off. Maybe it loses potency over time, or maybe some big pharmaceutical company (where would one of those come from?) develops some treatment for it. However, all of those are maybes. For right now, Chris is the guy who is too big to fuck.

However, notice, I said "fuck". Chris can't stick his dick in a woman. That shouldn't be taken to indicate that he can't enjoy his sexuality, nor that a woman can't be sexually satisfied by him. I'm not going to be writing a story where Jen dates Chris out of pity but secretly wishes that some regular stud could satisfy her. She's turned on by his size, and he's GOING to satisfy her (even if she has to train him how in exact detail). Thinking of sex as consisting solely of sticking tab A into slot B and repeating until done means you are a lousy lover. Thinking about all the ways you can pleasure someone might make you a better one.

I do appreciate the dilemma that many of you are in, though. You probably got interested, like I did, in this story because of Longbow's incredibly hot story and good sense of humor. Then, someone else keeps writing a lot of it. I assure you, I will like it when Longbow has some more time to write, too. His stuff is hot!

However, I've taken efforts to build a separate cast for Chris. He has a girlfriend off campus, and tension there with her room-mates. He has those lesbians in one of his classes. There's someone in the dining hall keeping an eye on him. Javier knows him too, but not his roommates (yet). If you like the Chris storylines, I think I have a LOT of future stuff to post (you should see how much more is written than posted! I just keep revising!). If you don't like Chris, he won't be intruding all the time into the Greg/Terry/Chrissy/Barbie/Eva storyline. Once Longbow gets back in the saddle, you can enjoy all of those stories.

To make a long post short (TOO LATE), I can't write like Longbow, I can only write like me. To do so would be to screw up his characters, and, like you, I enjoy them.

Well forget it, I'm through with defending this guy, flame away. Normally I would have taken my own advice from before and just left this alone, but now that I know there's no sex in Chris's future, and that he's basically talking down to some members of his audience (with the "nerd alert! comment), I now feel as if my support and interest in this story will more or less evaporate from here on out. His reasoning and thought process on this story is baffling to me:

-Chris has a 30 inch dick, if that can happen then it's just as realistic to shift women's parts around arbitrarily to accommodate something that big. He says he doesn't want to magically create "portable holes" in the female subjects, and not only do I not know what the hell that's supposed to mean, but I think that a more creative author could easily come up with a rational accommodation explanation that is at the very least no less ridiculous than the idea that an old-timey cream can make your cock grow. He talks about not wanting to rely on "magic" to handwave things away, yet in his story, food and drink can be turned into cum almost instantly, oh yeah sure, that's perfectly reasonable.

-Again, he wants to remain semi-realistic, but at the same time tries to suggest that a guy with a 30 inch dick and gargantuan balls would excrete no pre-cum before sex, now how likely is that?

-He thinks that a woman can be consistently satisfied by a man even if it is physically impossible for them to have sex. Maybe she'd enjoy jerking/sucking him off and getting eaten out/fingered/friction for a while, but I don't think that alone will keep any lady happy long-term (after all, eventually she's going to want kids, more often than not). Sure, you are a lame lover if you think the only way to get your woman off is by screwing her, but if you ask me you are also lame if you never get around to fucking her at all!

-Watching a girl jerk off is heterosexual, watching a guy jerk off or getting jerked off is definitely kind of gay (well, that or living vicariously, I guess). Maybe this guy isn't gay himself, but he certainly seems to have a strange fetish for slightly-built asian kids with giant dicks, and to focus primarily on Chris's pleasure instead of female pleasure certainly smacks of homo-eroticism. I personally don't see the point of including a giant dick in a story if it never fucks a girl, that's what dicks are for. They suggest virility, and if the seed is always just wasted in socks and towels and t-shirts, that defining characteristic of the male genitalia is nullified.

Anyway, I guess I'm just disappointed that this represents yet another dead end in my search for good new fantasies. I get the feeling Longbow is on more of a crowd-pleasing track, but even when he is posting regularly, his posts are pretty short and for the most part infrequent (not the case with fafhrd, which is why I had hope there for a while). I know some people love this pointless growth and jerkoff stuff and will be satisfied with the rest of the story, but for me this story is now officially going nowhere. It's a stroke story, not a fantastic work of fiction, and I don't really see a lot of point in settings and character development if it doesn't in some way augment the steamyness of the sex. I realize I am being an incredible hypocrite by writing this after I told people to shut up- to those people I apologize and now understand your frustration.

You go on ahead and keep writing your stories for your fans Fafhrd, but I now have to keep searching elsewhere.

BlondKevin

Sexy Member
Media
Anyway, I guess I'm just disappointed that this represents yet another dead end in my search for good new fantasies. ....

You go on ahead and keep writing your stories for your fans Fafhrd, but I now have to keep searching elsewhere.

Just as tastes vary in what people find attractive, so do tastes vary in what people find to be a good fantasy. It's unrealistic to assume that one narrative is going to work for everybody. This story definitely works for me, and after 3 years on this site is the only one I've ever followed. Sorry if it doesn't fit your fantasy...but this was never advertised as being written for you specifically.

I'm not quite certain why someone would take the time to write to an author to tell him why he doesn't like his story. If you see a TV show that bores you, do you write to the station to tell them how little it interests you? Or do you just change the channel?

Writers create stories. Readers can read them if they like, or move on if they don't. It's awfully self-centered to start berating a writer for not writing a tale the way you want it written. If you prefer a story tailored to your interests, sit down and write one yourself. Or hire someone to do it for you. A writer creates a narrative. He isn't a stenographer taking dictation.

So, to those with complaints: remember, not everything is about you. You're entitled to your preferences. Your opinions may even be better than mine, or the author's. But why not just leave the forum quietly? Don't assume the rest of us really are interested in watching you storm off in a huff lamenting that the story has failed to satisfy you. :smile:

Drake_11

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I say keep going Fafhrd. As to those that love to complain about how the story is coming along. If you don't like it, why don't you go out and write your own story then hmm?

creek47

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Isn't this the same as when someone says a TV show is horrible? If you don't like it than just remove yourself from the show. Hence if you don't like it, than don't write it.

Big Jake

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like the Chris angle on this story just fine. Our society is way too engrossed in physical sex as it is. We've forgotten that eroticism can be a very subtle thing. I think Jen represents this very well. She's genuinely fascinated by Chris' cock and balls not merely as sexual objects but as one who is factinated by a wonder of nature or a fine work of art. I appreciate a slow burn better than a blazing conflagration. Hell I wish I could experience what Chris is going through. I could think of myriad ways to enjoy myself and have others enjoy as well w/o sex being a part of the picture. I'm reminded of a quote some famous actress once said about a real man, "A REAL man can satisfy a woman six days of the week and twice on Sunday w/o once takeing her to bed." As far as kids. Make no mistake, kids are just as important to us fellas. We just don't talk about it as much. There are many couples that are unable to have children for a number of reasons. Does their love for each other diminish because of that? No. IF they genuinely love each other. And in some ways it may bond them even tighter. And need we forget that Jen and Chris should they tie the knot have the option of adopting? A lot of barren couples do that and are quite happy. So Fafhrd you keep on going. I think it's a hell of an interesting twist that makes this one of the most unique stories I've ever read on here. I'd love to see it explored to its full conclusion.

aninterestingguy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I actually disagree with jgmafia. I didn't mean to sound degrading in my earlier comment, and I think fafhrd got my point. I actually find the premise interesting and relatively novel around here that a well-developed, mostly relateable person ended up in circumstances that many guys would envy until realizing the real world complications.

My problem with the story was that it turned from a story about 1 guy to 3 (that's fine) and then the protagonist drops out and now its 99% about the "new" guy. I like the emotional and psychological aspects of this story, and how quick everyone is to accept his freakish endowment is a bit absurd and I would like to see him have to struggle a little more before everything works out. I do like the non-intercourse aspects of the sexual relationship he is developing though.

Still_Growing

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well forget it, I'm through with defending this guy, flame away. Normally I would have taken my own advice from before and just left this alone, but now that I know there's no sex in Chris's future, and that he's basically talking down to some members of his audience (with the "nerd alert! comment), I now feel as if my support and interest in this story will more or less evaporate from here on out. His reasoning and thought process on this story is baffling to me:

-Chris has a 30 inch dick, if that can happen then it's just as realistic to shift women's parts around arbitrarily to accommodate something that big. He says he doesn't want to magically create "portable holes" in the female subjects, and not only do I not know what the hell that's supposed to mean, but I think that a more creative author could easily come up with a rational accommodation explanation that is at the very least no less ridiculous than the idea that an old-timey cream can make your cock grow. He talks about not wanting to rely on "magic" to handwave things away, yet in his story, food and drink can be turned into cum almost instantly, oh yeah sure, that's perfectly reasonable.

-Again, he wants to remain semi-realistic, but at the same time tries to suggest that a guy with a 30 inch dick and gargantuan balls would excrete no pre-cum before sex, now how likely is that?

-He thinks that a woman can be consistently satisfied by a man even if it is physically impossible for them to have sex. Maybe she'd enjoy jerking/sucking him off and getting eaten out/fingered/friction for a while, but I don't think that alone will keep any lady happy long-term (after all, eventually she's going to want kids, more often than not). Sure, you are a lame lover if you think the only way to get your woman off is by screwing her, but if you ask me you are also lame if you never get around to fucking her at all!

-Watching a girl jerk off is heterosexual, watching a guy jerk off or getting jerked off is definitely kind of gay (well, that or living vicariously, I guess). Maybe this guy isn't gay himself, but he certainly seems to have a strange fetish for slightly-built asian kids with giant dicks, and to focus primarily on Chris's pleasure instead of female pleasure certainly smacks of homo-eroticism. I personally don't see the point of including a giant dick in a story if it never fucks a girl, that's what dicks are for. They suggest virility, and if the seed is always just wasted in socks and towels and t-shirts, that defining characteristic of the male genitalia is nullified.

Anyway, I guess I'm just disappointed that this represents yet another dead end in my search for good new fantasies. I get the feeling Longbow is on more of a crowd-pleasing track, but even when he is posting regularly, his posts are pretty short and for the most part infrequent (not the case with fafhrd, which is why I had hope there for a while). I know some people love this pointless growth and jerkoff stuff and will be satisfied with the rest of the story, but for me this story is now officially going nowhere. It's a stroke story, not a fantastic work of fiction, and I don't really see a lot of point in settings and character development if it doesn't in some way augment the steamyness of the sex. I realize I am being an incredible hypocrite by writing this after I told people to shut up- to those people I apologize and now understand your frustration.

lmao, oh no, fafhrd lost a troll fan. please, go poke at some other author, your petty frustration and arguments will surely bring light to their story. The rest of us that understand and appreciate fafhrd's efforts will wave as you walk away :)

floopypoo22

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just as tastes vary in what people find attractive, so do tastes vary in what people find to be a good fantasy. It's unrealistic to assume that one narrative is going to work for everybody. This story definitely works for me, and after 3 years on this site is the only one I've ever followed. Sorry if it doesn't fit your fantasy...but this was never advertised as being written for you specifically.

I'm not quite certain why someone would take the time to write to an author to tell him why he doesn't like his story. If you see a TV show that bores you, do you write to the station to tell them how little it interests you? Or do you just change the channel?

Writers create stories. Readers can read them if they like, or move on if they don't. It's awfully self-centered to start berating a writer for not writing a tale the way you want it written. If you prefer a story tailored to your interests, sit down and write one yourself. Or hire someone to do it for you. A writer creates a narrative. He isn't a stenographer taking dictation.

So, to those with complaints: remember, not everything is about you. You're entitled to your preferences. Your opinions may even be better than mine, or the author's. But why not just leave the forum quietly? Don't assume the rest of us really are interested in watching you storm off in a huff lamenting that the story has failed to satisfy you. :smile:

Like I said originally, I would have done the sensible thing and left it alone without responding again if I didn't feel like my fantasy preferences were being bashed unnecessarily by the author. This was was a retaliation, not a first strike.

Last edited:

BlondKevin

Sexy Member
Media
Like I said originally, I would have done the sensible thing and left it alone without responding again if I didn't feel like my fantasy preferences were being bashed unnecessarily by the author. This was was a retaliation, not a first strike.

I supposed we're all entitled to our perspectives. It seemed to me that the author was simply defending and explaining his decisions (which had been challenged), not "bashing" you or anyone else.

Still, regardless how how one perceives the author's response, it still begs the question: why would anyone feel a need to "retaliate"? This is a fun story forum, not a battleground.

Life's too short for that. Read the stuff you enjoy. Skip the stuff you don't. Overcome the urge to "retaliate." And enjoy the rest of your day.

:smile: