Meds to Increase Sperm Count

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by jimmyboy1012, May 27, 2009.

1. jimmyboy1012

jimmyboy1012 Member

Has anyone taken any medications to help correct low sperm count? If so, what kind and what side effects did you expereince?

2. B_Just Joe

B_Just Joe New Member

i didnt know there were meds to help with low sperm count

3. jimmyboy1012

jimmyboy1012 Member

Yeah pretty much the same meds they give women to help them ovulate.

4. B_Just Joe

B_Just Joe New Member

they just as bad? cancer and all?

5. jimmyboy1012

jimmyboy1012 Member

Surprisingly, some of them are anti-cancer medications (aromatase inhibitors?). So do you have a low count Just Joe?

6. jimmyboy1012

jimmyboy1012 Member

Nobody has tried anything to increase sperm count? If you have please PM and we will discuss our stories.

7. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

the hormones needed to make women ovulate are hormones isolated to the female body. the follicle stimulating hormone that creates potential eggs on a womans ovary is not found in the male body. also, meds such as clomiphene citrate for producing ovulation, actually have the ovulatory affect on a woman by triggering the brain to create more fsh by lowering the estrogen.

we have not discovered any pharmaceuticals that increase sperm count. when a man has a low sperm count, motility and mobility the fertility dr. can have his sperm washed thoroughly and then seperated from the other fluids in the semen and make a concentrated ball of sperm to do ivf (invitro) or intrauterine inseminations.

8. RawDog

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's late, I just came in from an 9 hour drive, so I'm not sure if I'm following what MadRouge is saying. I have KS (Kallmanns Syndrome) and my doc recommended Gonadotropin treatment for fertility if I decided to have kids:

Gonadotropin treatment for infertility

My KS was treated successfully when I was a teenager and I continued a somewhat "normal" development biologically. Granted my adolescent years were a tad late. Only problem I have is that my sex drive (because of all the Androgel I have to pump in my body) is that of the worst 18 year old you have ever met. If I stop taking Androgel, my bones become brittle and at 6'6", I can't afford that.

The other problem is I can't have kids unless I get on the gonadotropin treatment. Which in my case is a moot point, I don't want kids.

See an endocrinologist for a full blood workup and take it from there. Good luck and ask away if you have any further questions.

9. jimmyboy1012

jimmyboy1012 Member

10. portlad

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    FSH and LH are found in both male and female bodies.

Follicle-stimulating hormone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Doing a few web searches, it looks like babycenter.com has some forums dealing with male fertility. You might find others in a similar situation, and you couldn't get any worse info on biology...

Draft saved Draft deleted