"Meet Sharron Angle: A Political Comedy Short Film"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jdcnow, Aug 10, 2010.

1. jdcnow

jdcnow New Member

Good evening from Texas, hope you're doing well. I posted a comedy short, about 5 minutes in length on YouTube, earlier tonight.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMn5cTRECj0

I took her actual comments and her actual moments, and spliced them together, and set them to music. The music heard here is "Yakety Sax" from The Benny Hill Show. Frankly, I think Benny would be proud. :cool:

This is my very first foray into video editing/producing. As you will note by the beautiful, yet simplistic blue and black interstitial slides, my forte is visual graphics, for which I hope to go to college for, someday. I had spent all weekend working on this. I used a software program called VideoPad by NCH. (It was a USD$60 splurge, but worth it. Very user-friendly program). I especially like the "Common Sense Isn't Common" tagline at the end.

I'd like to know your thoughts on it - good or bad.
    Thanks! :biggrin1:

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

It's almost as if Sarah Palin had an evil half sister. LOL!!
    Good work. :)

3. jdcnow

jdcnow New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Sarah Palin and Sharron Angle?! It's like the Twinrova Sisters from the Legend Of Zelda video games: one's ice, the other's fire, and they're both CRAZY EVIL!!!, CRAZY DANGEROUS!!!, and just plain CRAZY!!!

Thank you for the kind words!
    Cheers! :biggrin1: :smile:

4. houtx48

Gold Member

Well Sharon is a good example of how not to run for office. How is it she got the nomination?

5. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nice job, jdcnow. Now you need to go to work on Michelle Bachmann and Katherine Harris. Both batshit crazy for sure!
    Dave

6. jdcnow

jdcnow New Member

Just a quick shout-out to say a great big Thank You to everyone who took time out of their busy day to watch what I have put up. At the time of this posting, in the 26 hours it has been posted on YouTube, it's already had almost 350 hits, according to my 'My Account/Videos' page. Thank you all! I'm deeply honored.

7. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

Angle is the best friend a Democrat ever had.

8. jdcnow

jdcnow New Member

Ain't she, though. :biggrin1:

9. dreamer20

Gold Member

Indeed. Sharron Angle obtained the endorsement of the Republican Party, but in a private talk with John Ashjian she slammed the Republicans for losing their standards and principles and never really agreeing to having lower taxes and less government. Much to her dismay, and embarrassment, the press obtained a recording of that conversation:

Sharron Angle Slams Republicans For Losing 'Their Principles,' Says She's 'Not Sure' If She Can Win

10. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

^lol... Nutty people are so... nuts... lol

11. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Great job man, I LOVED it!!!! :smile:

12. midlifebear

Gold Member

Don't hatchet your counts before they chicken. I loathe Sharron Angle. Even had the opportunity to blatantly refuse to shake her hand during a photo shoot. The woman is as dumb -- as I've said before on LPSG -- as a bucket of hammers. However, she's running even to slightly higher in the polls than Harry Reid. Harry Reid is hated so much by Nevadans that they are ready to vote for a pumpkin, anything, except for Reid. And this is rather sad, because Harry has accomplished a great deal for the State of Nevada. But he's a mormon outsider. He's always been considered a mormon outsider. And southern Nevada (Las Vegas) is full of toothless Arizonans who have moved to the the southern part of the State to avoid Arizona State taxes and alternately smoke cigarettes and suck on their oxygen machines as they play the penny slot machines and live off their social security checks. These are mostly senior white folks who have moved into the State and will soon be dead. But they won't die off fast enough to ensure that Angel will lose her run for the Senate. There's something about Angle's lack of intelligence that speaks to these toothless migrants to the State.

I have my fingers crossed that Reid will win. However, I, too, would prefer someone else to vote for -- a young, intelligent progressive would be nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted