Meeting people from LPSG - share your stories

D_Y_Knott

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Who has met someone from LPSG? You don't need to name names but, share your stories of who you've met! I have a story or two to share as well...

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I've met a handful of LPSG members, and they have all been great experiences. I've met more of them while on travel, and they were the best companions to roll with. Great recommendations for bars and hang-out spots, solid company when hanging out. I'm very lucky in that respect.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It would be wierd for me to meet someone off the internet

Really? Seems kinda odd to say that.

Maybe if you didn't know them at all, but if you had talked to them a bunch and seen them on webcam I don't see how that would be so wierd. :tongue:

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Really? Seems kinda odd to say that.

Maybe if you didn't know them at all, but if you had talked to them a bunch and seen them on webcam I don't see how that would be so wierd. :tongue:

Don't know, I actually think the same that it would be weird to meet someone. Also when you talked and shared loads with them, their is a possibility to feel uncomfterable and weird just because of high expectations etc.

I guess I only meet the ones that I know well, that don't hide their private life and let me enter their private life so you know trust comes from both sides.

And you can talk loads with people from here online, but if their is still that little boundry of not completly accepting you in their life, than it would be a no-no to meet. Also... It's still lpsg... Most don't join here to make the best friends and meet people in real life...:rolleyes: Luckily opinions and viewpoints can change.

Last edited:

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's not any more weird to meet someone in a bar or nightclub is it? You have no back story on them, you rarely have meaningful conversation. At least if you meet someone online you can talk extensively first and see if you have enough in common to even meet up. I started out with a strict policy of not meeting anyone from here, and changed my mind when I met my BF. He was super respectful and talked to me like a real person (not a pair of boobs). I actually asked him to meet me for a beer. He said yes and almost 2 years later we're still together and very happy. (But 9Hung you already know all this..)
Anyway, I dont think it's weird, I think it's a sign of the times and it's about time to erase the stigma. Odd how it seems better to say "We met in a bar"..

Reactions: lapdog2001

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've met several over the years, never had a bad experience. I keep in touch with all, but only see a few regularly.

I've met a few from LPSG. Wonderful women, every one of them. There is something 'bout the females on this site....damn!
^last week I had drinks with NND, we just talked and showed him around my new neighborhood. Nothing exciting, but we've been hanging out since like late '07... so :shrug:, we just chill.

It's not any more weird to meet someone in a bar or nightclub is it? You have no back story on them, you rarely have meaningful conversation. At least if you meet someone online you can talk extensively first and see if you have enough in common to even meet up. I started out with a strict policy of not meeting anyone from here, and changed my mind when I met my BF. He was super respectful and talked to me like a real person (not a pair of boobs). I actually asked him to meet me for a beer. He said yes and almost 2 years later we're still together and very happy. (But 9Hung you already know all this..)
Anyway, I dont think it's weird, I think it's a sign of the times and it's about time to erase the stigma. Odd how it seems better to say "We met in a bar"..
Must say congrats again! Additionally, my partner of the past several years is also a member, however, he no longer posts. :(

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It honestly would seem fun to meet up and most likely hook up :p but if I were to meet someone in the states within the next two years I wouldn't legally be allowed to drink in a bar... I could drive to canada though!

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Don't know, I actually think the same that it would be weird to meet someone. Also when you talked and shared loads with them, their is a possibility to feel uncomfterable and weird just because of high expectations etc.

I guess I only meet the ones that I know well, that don't hide their private life and let me enter their private life so you know trust comes from both sides.

And you can talk loads with people from here online, but if their is still that little boundry of not completly accepting you in their life, than it would be a no-no to meet.

Trust and acceptance is the key factor here. Unless somebody is meeting strictly for a hookup, at least a little of both must be present. That's how true friendships are established.

Also... It's still lpsg... Most don't join here to make the best friends and meet people in real life...:rolleyes: Luckily opinions and viewpoints can change.

I can honestly say that I certainly didn't expect that to happen, it just turned out to be one of the huge benefits that turned out to be part of this site. I've met some people here that have turned out to be very good friends. A former Mod and his partner flew out and stayed with us for a week, and we had a blast. And, if things work out, another member will be coming to spend a week with us and visit.

Others I haven't physically met yet, but have spent time on the phone, and chatting, just really getting to know each other. I do hope that someday we can physically meet. One, I consider to be one of my best friends.

Most importantly, I made friends with someone who turned out to be my life partner :heart: . Can't get any better than that!!:biggrin1:

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would like to meet everyone and NO, i don`t have any expectations. Seems that I have already met one member off this site IRL. When he turned on his cam I was like- You and I have met! But he is in an another country now, so I`m waiting for him to come back and have coffee:)
What a small world this is;)