Meeting soldier in a dark alley?

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff: Jokes, Quizzes, Games & Pics' started by Sergeant_Torpedo, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Sergeant_Torpedo

Gold Member

Recently attended military history seminar in London. Mainly professional soldiers and academics speaking and in the audience too of course. A rather brusque speaker - a retired senior officer and now military historian , at the end of his presentation invited questions on his paper. A young man in the audience asked which general from the past he would most like to meet.

The old buffer responded gratuitously that he didn't have past heroes, although there was one person he would not want to meet: a Roman soldier in a dark alley. From the back of the lecture theatre came a voice,
    "Speak for yourself, Brigadier!" There was shocked silence on the most part but stifled laughter could be heard also. I know this would have probably ended in court marshall or disciplinary hearings at some place like West Point. However, it occurs to me to enquire are Europeans less homophobic and homo-panicked than North Americans.

2. B_hungprepjock

B_hungprepjock New Member

The story itself was funny enougth, but shouldnÂ’t you have posted your serious question, which deserves more responses, in another forum?

3. Sergeant_Torpedo

Gold Member

Proves my theory: the question was rhetorical and amusing and posted as such. But yes it deserves debate. Thanks for the generous suggestion.

4. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lol! Sounds funny, tbh...

Draft saved Draft deleted