Meeting someone on line

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have a profile on a local dating sight and met a guy on line who doesn't have a profile picture. He promised to send some to my email and he did - all cock pics. Ok, that was nice and it did get my interest but when he asked to meet for a beer and I asked for a face picture he didn't write back. A day later and still nothing. I'm wondering why he'd ask to meet but not send a face pic. Isn't that just a little weird or am I looking too much into it? I'd like to see his face before committing to a face to face.

D

deleted556573

Typically, it's one of three things (this has been my experience; yours may differ).

1. He's a closet case and is afraid he might be outed. I've ran into this before.

2. He is misrepresenting himself online by his listed stats. For example, he may be listing his stats as 5'10 160 lbs, when actually he is 5'4" 360 lbs. I've also ran into this before.

3. He is self conscious about his looks and is afraid you won't meet up with him if you see his facial pic first. This could stem from being rejected on occasions before. If this is the case, the meet-up usually fizzles out anyway and he goes home rejected. Again, I've ran into this before.

When it comes to dating sites, I ALWAYS have a facial picture posted. In my opinion, it weeds out the uninterested. Yeah, we've all heard that looks aren't everything. Let's face it, though: Physical attraction is what initially draws people together (in most, but not all, cases).

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
I agree with jump start and think he's covered all the possibles. Have had each of these happen to me too.... Discretion is used as an excuse, but really if you are to the point that you wanna meet.... I need to see face. If they don't show face, then I pass.

Also, I really like for guys to have cam. I don't care if they cybersex...that's not really the point of camming with me (tho many times, it turns into that.) I like cams b/c you can't fake a cam shot. You can fake pix tho and they've been faked time and again.