meeting the parents

kewlkid75

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i have been seeing this guy now for 2 months and we hangout and everything. We always hang out where he lives. I live an hour away, and i don't mind the drive. I always hang out with him. I met his friends and all the people he knows and do all the activities he likes to do.

So for once, figuring it was my turn. I asked him to hangout with me at my parents house on Saturday for a BBQ and Fish Fry. I would like for him to go with me and see the way i am around my friends and family. He tells he isn't ready and he wants to take things slow. generally, i am not a patient person, but i like him alot. Should I relax, and go slow and see where it goes. Then when time to meet the folks he will be ready. I want him him to be comfortable.

I do like him, but fair is fair. How can i convince him to hang out with at my place and around people i know.

D_efw07ucb

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are many people who believe that "meeting the parents" is a big deal. Your boyfriend may be one of those people.

I know that two months seems like two years in gay time so try to have some patience. One suggestion would be to invite him over to your place sans parents. Get him comfortable to seeing you alone first before adding the complexities of parents and close friends. After a while, he should be be ready for family introductions. Keep your eyes open and reassess your relationship if you see something is awry.

Isn't dating fun?! ;)

Good luck!