meeting up on craigslist- what do you think?

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I finally broke down and put an ad on CL - looking for possible meeting(s) with gay guys/men.

Now I am getting all sorts of spamm from "ladies" (?) . I just delete them but it is anoying.

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
I have found a nice Everlast heavy punching bag off CL and leads on some jobs, but when it comes to hook-ups...no dice. And that includes responding to ads and posting one of my own. For some reason, even with a detailed description and pics, it has not gotten me anything.

I did get some replies from gay guys who apparently did not get the message that I was straight that I placed directly in the ad and that I was NOT interested in men for ANYTHING, at all (exact words).

So until somebody shows me some way to get to a more a direct response from my target audience...I'll pass on CL in this area.

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
I would do it, but every ad I see involves paying.
I'm not paying for shit, lol.

I presume you looked under the "erotic services" section, which in this case usually means "prostitution".

You should look under the "casual encounters" or "miscellaneous romance" areas of the Personals section. With that said, expect there to be nothing much except the same ol' same ol': postings flagged for removal, plenty of vague ads that may or may not be true, and a few with pictures that most likely are not of the poster.

Caveat emptor is the rule, even if the site is free, maybe even more so. Ha!

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
You have to click on the Male seeking Male ads they are free,If you click on erotic encounters or services you will have to pay.

I could be wrong, but given is % and his other posts I believe he is looking for a woman.

He will have a tougher go off it in this case.

The ratio of gay guys hooking up on CL successfully versus straight guys hooking up with women on CL successfully seems to be very skewed to the gay side.

So- have any straight guys here successfully met a woman off CL?

Highjinx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I personally dont meet people from Craigslist but know others that have. They are some who post phony Ads to meet up, and plenty that post that do meet. Your answer to your question is , When you meet up with that person and you dont click or find that person attractive, you tell them nicely and drive off. Sorry your not my type or I cant go through with this would be a nice way to tell them. Make them know in your response in your emails that if you dont find them to your liking it aint gonna happen .prepares that person for your responses ahead of time. Its a preference and its not personal issue.

Last edited:
Media
I have found a nice Everlast heavy punching bag off CL and leads on some jobs, but when it comes to hook-ups...no dice. And that includes responding to ads and posting one of my own. For some reason, even with a detailed description and pics, it has not gotten me anything.

I did get some replies from gay guys who apparently did not get the message that I was straight that I placed directly in the ad and that I was NOT interested in men for ANYTHING, at all (exact words).

So until somebody shows me some way to get to a more a direct response from my target audience...I'll pass on CL in this area.
BUT BUT what about ur 1% gay status??? :confused:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm a Manhunt man myself. It makes qualifying the right piece of ass absurdly easy, and I'm into instant gratification when I'm horny.

croupier87

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sounds like it would be a different kind of experience and maybe it could be fun BUT isn't it a big risk since some of these really sexually open men could be carrying serious STD's or HIV? I think they post disease free and stuff like that but how do you believe them and sometimes symptoms don't show up. One time doctor told me if I get some STD's and get tested before 6 months has passed since receiving the disease, it might not show on blood test.

Since it's man to man, it wouldn't be fun to give bj with condom on so.....

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sounds like it would be a different kind of experience and maybe it could be fun BUT isn't it a big risk since some of these really sexually open men could be carrying serious STD's or HIV? I think they post disease free and stuff like that but how do you believe them and sometimes symptoms don't show up. One time doctor told me if I get some STD's and get tested before 6 months has passed since receiving the disease, it might not show on blood test.

Since it's man to man, it wouldn't be fun to give bj with condom on so.....

...so? You don't have any m/m sex?

Gay sex doesn't cause STDs. Unprotected sex spreads STDs. If you read up and are 100% compliant with safer-sexual practices, you'll cut your risks for most STDs to an absolute minimum, and eliminate the risk of contracting HIV altogether.

Mature adults who are ready for sexual activity educate themselves and take steps necessary to avoid unnecessary risks.

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have posted ads and responded to ads.

The reason real ladies' ads are flagged is because we are in direct competition with the pros. They don't want men to have the option of fucking real women, they want to get emails and they want their money. It is frustrating but, the way to do it. I have met lots of men from CL. I say what I want, my "requirements" right off the bat and then do a lot of weeding.

I couldn't believe when I was in Florida I posted an ad and was flooded. I had over 60 responses in half an hour. It was crazy. In my city, I might get a total of 15 responses but if I place an ad in Detroit, I get about double that.

This proves once again that it is much easier for women to get laid than men.

auto90403

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I could be wrong, but given is % and his other posts I believe he is looking for a woman.

He will have a tougher go off it in this case.

The ratio of gay guys hooking up on CL successfully versus straight guys hooking up with women on CL successfully seems to be very skewed to the gay side.

So- have any straight guys here successfully met a woman off CL?

I've met a few women for casual sex. But you're right -- W4M is a tough way to date.

Finding couples needing a second guy offers far better odds.