Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So, I have made plans for another member to come to my house this summer and see what happens. I guess you can say this will be my experimental stage with a guy. We're both straight curious, and I am just looking for input from you guys as to what we should possibly try and if any of you have done similar things (meeting ppl in person from here).

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Seriously I would meet for dinner first and talk and get to know each other before you invite someone to your home. Talk about your interests and then if you two want to go forward I suggest you each work within the comfort level that you agree upon.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I've met 7 or 8 guys from this site (all platonic) and I totally agree with the above advice. Until you know someone in person (not just in the online/chatting/IMing sense) it's definitely best to meet in a public place.

Most of my "first meetings" have been at restaurants. I also went to a movie with one guy and with two others (including my most recent, two weeks ago) our first encounter was at the gym, working out together.

People are often very different in person than they appear online. I haven't had any encounters worse than people who turned out unexpectedly to be drama queens or super-boring, but you never know. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck!

Steve

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I met with another LPSG person who happened to recognize me from an avatar of me on Lake Washington with some friends, I had posted for a week or so. We are both in the same office building. I think the lottery has better odds than that. Now he realizes that I am crazy.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't get me wrong. I have never had a negative experience with anyone I have met from LPSG however we have always met in a very public place first. Subsequently I have invited people to my home and vice versa. However the world being what it I think it's best to meet someone first and access them and get to know them more than just on line!

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Meet him in public first for dinner or coffee and just talk a lot.

I do this with people who I meet from the internet as they're basically a complete stranger and it's safer this way.

Media
I have only agreed to meet one LPSG member. We have met for dinner twice and talk by phone. I can trust this person.

I would never invite anyone into my home without having met them first.

I would also make absolutely sure that this person is who they say they are. Do a background check and make sure that all the information adds up and can be verified. If it doesn't, get out fast.

B_Bonky

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I suppose it's no stranger than meeting some random person on sexfinder or whatever. Do the nasty!

D_rtygv

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i think if you both know each other good enough and have talked a lot, and you feel like you can really trust this person and you think of them as a friend, not just a hit it and quit it situation, then i would go for it, but if you have any reservations you should def let the person know so you have a mutual understanding

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I met a buddy from here in person....great guy...he wanted a jack buddy..but backed out...all talk no jackin...go figure...it happens..

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Don't get me wrong. I have never had a negative experience with anyone I have met from LPSG however we have always met in a very public place first. Subsequently I have invited people to my home and vice versa. However the world being what it I think it's best to meet someone first and access them and get to know them more than just on line!

Being the first person who met you at your home, I can imagine how trepidatious you were. I'm oh-so-scary. :tongue: On the other hand, we'd met in public many times before. :biggrin1:

I've met scads of lpsg members and I've never had a bad encounter. I've also never angled for a hookup (but then again I have a bf so that wasn't in the cards). However, all the same rules of any internet meeting would hold true. Just be smart.

A lot of my best friends are lpsg people; if you're smart and lucky you'll have the same experience.

I'm going to Wales in July, for instance, to stay with a good friend who was recently with me. And we'll eat a lot of brie and drink a lot of wine and then go off to parts unknown and we would never have met if it weren't for lpsg, an odd experience in Ottawa and my recently acquired overseas calling plan, right, K8? :wink:

RubberHarley

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife and I met a couple thru LPSG and they lived in London. We flew over and met in a public place and just sat down and talked for a long time. We all agreed to met the next day at the same place if each couple was OK with it. We did met the next day and had a great weekend. They had a small place in France and we had two fun filled days of sexual adventures. So, just meet in a public place first and then go from there. We have gotten back with them twice already.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that it's fine to meet people from the web. Just be smart about it. The more public the meeting place is, the less risk involved. I've had good experiences.

One of the LPSG members was traveling through San Diego on July 4th weekend 2 years ago and had some free time during the late afternoon. We took a drive to the top of Mt. Soledad and checked out the panaramic view of the city. Then we came back to my place, ate some homemade soup, and then he headed on with the rest of his trip.

2 of my friends from out of town that I've know for a few years are guys that I met on another web site discussion forum. We e-mail each other constantly and have hung out a few times and had a blast. One of the guys is moving from the east coast to San Diego this July. It's going to be a good summer!