Megaupload.com shutdown - "Anonymous" retaliates

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If LPSG is ever shut-down, some members should keep anonymous in mind. They could potentially help us, especially since this forum is meant to connect people with information they might not have access to otherwise. Currently reading the article.I do not know much about anonymous, but I like them more and more with each tid-bit I learn.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My feelings on Anonymous vary every time they're in the news. Usually, they're up to something pretty stupid and juvenile (which makes sense, seeing as it's mostly bored 15 year-olds most of the time). At least this time, though, I can support them. The government obviously timed this as a "Fuck you!" to the internet backlash against SOPA/PIPA. I'm not sure how this will all play out, but I'm watching intently.

kenny233

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This is all just shutting the barn door after the horse is gone. All our LEGAL data that was there @Mega is now lost :sad:

Yep. No doubt there was pirated content on there, but that would be equivalent to someone closing this site completely to all of the users because a few people engaged in illegal activity on it.

That's pretty fucking awesome. Just sayin'.

Denial of Service attacks don't last all that long, as they take manpower to maintain, but they made a statement with them...

I can't say that I'm unhappy Megaupload is gone.. when I was less smart about things, I used to do cam shows on cam4. Until I realized that people were taking video captures without my permission. Not just for their own personal use, either. They got put on megaupload. For a while I was fairly diligent about searching occasionally and asking that the file be removed, but really, once something is on the internet, I don't feel like there's much that can be done about it. Shame on me, for being that naive.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Power and Control
must maintain it, dont want the common citizens to be getting too much in life huh?
Geuss Rapidshare learnt earlier on in the piece, dont know where / what theyre up to these days.. was my Fav, now none of them are ha

RapidShare "not concerned" about Megaupload takedown

Ars Technica? - 1 hour ago
And RapidShare, the next largest "digital locker" service, claims to be unconcerned about the MegaUpload case's precedent. But the case could have a broad

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
On the other side of the coin .....

Radio New Zealand : News : National : Four accused of internet piracy in NZ custody

Radio New Zealand : News : National : Who is Kim Dotcom?

Kim Dotcom, the entrepreneur arrested in New Zealand as part of a US-led operation against international internet piracy, is a mysterious yet flamboyant figure.

Radio New Zealand : News : National : Computers, documents removed in internet raid

additional info, to be fair....i understand the thread topic, but feel this is also newsworthy material

Last edited: