Meghan Markle Vs. Kate Middleton

jtm011

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And yet you were the one that started with a generalized, stereotyped insult to Europeans. I was responding to your attitude being selfish, which it is.

So finding empirical evidence of something doesn't mean it exists. Okay.

Read more carefully. I wasn't attempting to disprove any point about Meghan Markle. My post was about your generalized lashing out about racism in tabloids and what you call "Social Justice Warriors."

The people that work for equity in this world are quite often outside of the group that is being oppressed by the privilege of others. It's not about making excuses (especially for themselves). It's about making society more fair for everyone. Those that have the hardest time seeing that there is a need to address the unfairness are those that have and are benefitting from the privileges they hold.

You cannot address problems without identifying the problem in the first place. Denying that the problem exists – that it's an "excuse" – is actively sabotaging our ability to fix what has been broken. More importantly, it prevents people who disagree on how to fix the problem from even reaching an agreed-upon solution. You can't compromise with someone who refuses to see the problems as valid and deserving of action.

That's an insightful and thoughtful observation. Thanks.

As I said, I wasn't addressing whether or not Meghan Markle was facing racism. I was simply pointing out that the British tabloids have had a long-standing reputation of publishing prejudicial stories; on race particularly.

Council of Europe: European Commission Against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI), ECRI Report on the United Kingdom (fifth monitoring cycle) : Adopted on 29 June 2016, 4 October 2016

Dalrymple, W. (2004, Jan 19). Islamophobia. New Statesman, 16, 18-20.

Dearden, L. (2016, October 8). The Sun and Daily Mail accused of 'fuelling prejudice' in report on rising racist violence and hate speech in UK. The Independent.

Rawlinson, K. (2016, March 25). Sun ordered to admit British Muslims story was 'significantly misleading'. The Guardian.

Sajid, A. (2005). Islamophobia: A new word for an old fear. Palestine - Israel Journal of Politics, Economics, and Culture, 12(2-3), 31-40.

Shades of ‘whiteness’: Immigration and the role of British newspapers before the EU referendum. (2018, Feb 28). OpenDemocracy.
I won't be responding to you any more on this. I've made my point. Enjoy the last word.
Oooh you're so special. Typical lefty social justice warrior mentality. Attack the person not the ideas, drop your bombs then say "I'm not playing in this sandbox anymore". :joy::joy::joy:

And all this crap, yet you have given NOT ONE SINGLE EVIDENCE of any racism AGAINST MEGHAN MARKLE in the British tabloids!

tenor.gif

jtm011

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If, by some chance, the Corona virus killed the Royal family in the UK do you think that Meghan would want to return to be Queen
It doesn't work that way. And they now moved to LA. Canada was only a temporary pit stop. Anyway, I doubt the British people would want her as Queen. The UK would more likely become a Republic.

It doesn't work that way. And they now moved to LA. Canada was only a temporary pit stop. Anyway, I doubt the British people would want her as Queen. The UK would more likely become a Republic.

I agree. Meghan would trigger a republican movement for sure if she was to become queen.

Reactions: jtm011

There again, Meghan will separate from Harry soon enough. They'll probably have another kid given her age and then we'll see her want independence.

hustler8

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
MM tried to reinvent the wheel when it came to the Royal Family and its rules and protocols. It didn't work and the rest was history as they say.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
^^ Nonsense. That falsehood is part of the propaganda uttered by persons having contempt for MM: Thoughts On Prince Harry
The double standard, you haven't addressed, is real. The treatment of MM by the media and her detractors has been disgraceful and disgusting. The Sun Newspaper never should have published Jeremy Clarkson's "deeply misogynist and downright awful" hateful article about Meghan Markle - in which Clarkson stated his hate for Markle was "cellular" and he dreamt of the day she would be paraded naked throughout Britain and pelted with faeces by crowds of people: The Sun apologises over Jeremy Clarkson's Meghan column

Stop the hate and live by the Golden Rule please.