Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
We have not had much luck so far. With our membership levels, anything but the most rudimentary search takes forever to bring back results, and slows the website down. Still looking at options.

Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hi

Your guess is correct. I know that Simon has searched far and wide for a solution to this problem, to no avail.

With over 2 million members and 17 million posts, this seems to be beyond what any search software is realistically capable of.

tagv99

Sexy Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi

Your guess is correct. I know that Simon has searched far and wide for a solution to this problem, to no avail.

With over 2 million members and 17 million posts, this seems to be beyond what any search software is realistically capable of.
hmm I suppose, Shame I really stopped using the site after that went away. There has to be a way, though I suppose it is harder with a blog/forum site then it is like a social media site ( Like youve always been able to search a location on facebook for example and seen any users that put that as where they live) Perhaps all those old accounts that have been inactive 5+ years could be purged, and option to opt out of showing up in said searches could lighten said load. Alas if youve exhausted all options there probably isnt much to be done without a huge site overhall /:

Reactions: Squirrel1