Memorial Day

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So what are everyone's plans for this long weekend? Me....sigh not a damn thing. Might go rent a few movies or go hiking somewhere. Need to work on a tan.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To the 40th annual gay community M.day picnic here, Monday, with the '08 Pride Week T shirts to sell.

Also going to a farewell potluck Sunday for our Ozzy MCC minister, he didn't get a green card, so he is going to Europe.

The snow is finally all gone from my place, doing a lot of gardening. The first two things are blooming, the androsace carnosa and the siberian squills.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a traditionalist... I live adjacent to the Golden Gate National Cemetery and plan to slowly drive by to see the myriad of flags flying in the breeze. that's what Memorial Day is all about. :usa:

and with gas at over $4.00/gallon, that's about all the traveling I plan to do this weekend. :drive:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
sigh lol I guess I'm the only looser with absolutely nothing to do, no where to go...or rather no money for the gas to go somewhere.....sigh I'm depressed now......think I'll go find a place to bungee jump...and make sure the cord is broken lol

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sigh lol I guess I'm the only looser with absolutely nothing to do, no where to go...or rather no money for the gas to go somewhere.....sigh I'm depressed now......think I'll go find a place to bungee jump...and make sure the cord is broken lol

Dont even joke about that.

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

why don't you join me in counting to 25,000 it's really fun :rolleyes:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This year Memorial Day falls on the unknown wedding anniversary of my now dead parents...not too much to say about that. (unknown meaning I don't remember which number it would have been, of course my father would be 104 years old, so...)

In years past, I have gone to local cemeteries to make sure American flags are on all the graves of deceased veterans (not expecting to do that this year).

Not sure what I will be doing tomorrow; although, there will be a few minutes of remembering the men and women who gave up their Earthly being.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Tawse and I are going to the the US Navy Band perform, the to a late lunch, then to Arlington National Cemetery to see the display there. Hopefully our timing will be just right, and we won't have to deal with the presidential rigamarole to get in.

I don't want to feel like I'm being searched to get on a plane, I just want to go pay my respects.

We buried my Dad in a different national cemetery last summer, with full honors, and Tawse's Dad in yet another, just last winter. Memorial Day has always been a deeply-felt holiday for me, but I think this year will be even a little more intense. I hope I don't fall apart.

B_Artful Dodger

Experimental Member
Media
Sorry if this is a stupid or insensitive question, but what relevance does Monday have as your "Memorial Day"?? In England we have our "Rememberence Day" on the 11th of November because that is the day the Great War ended. But I've googled the 26th of May and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. Can anyone elighten me??