Men and makeup

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In real life...men wearing makeup and clear nail polish makes my skin crawl.On the flip side I did find Johnny Depp very sexy in the Pirates movies... eyeliner and all!

Roscoz

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It depends on what they are using. I work in the Cosmetics Industry and you can get make-up especially for men. Jean Paul Gaultier does a range specifically.

YSL Touche Eclat which is the worlds best selling beauty product is now available for men. Times are a changing haha

Lets now forget how much makeup is used on TV

Although i work in this industry, i think nail colour, lipstick etc is wrong. Although i dont think theres anything wrong with concealer, and a little bronzing powder etc.

Reactions: Copperlust

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm with you Roscoz.

I was just discussing this topic with a friend (you know who you are .. .:wink: )

I use a fake tanning product that's really good (saves on the skin cancer too). Also - if I've been out in the sun I'll augment the tan with some bronzer out of the tube.
In my opinion men wearing makeup, if subtle, is fine.

Roscoz

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yeah i have got a good few products here myself. Id never wear eyeliner, eye shadow or lipstick. I would and do wear self tan, bronzer and some concealer and i think thats perfectly fine.

Yeah i'm in the heart of Edinburgh. Its very historic i'll say that hehe

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We drove from Glasgow (upon arrival from the States) to Edinburgh one morning in rush hour traffic Roscoz. And on (from an American POV) the wrong side of the road!!

We were doing genealogical research at the Archives.

The architecture in your city is Georgian primarilly and beyond beautiful.

Are Scots generally cool about gay people? My great grandmother was born in the Strathclyde and I'm more familiar with that area than where you are. Glasgow as I recall is pretty tough.

Roscoz

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Its pretty much the same as most cosmoplitain parts of the world. I think its becoming a lot more accepted all over. Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland although Glasgow is always mentioned as the city of Scotland not sure why.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't consider a fake tan makeup, but maybe I'm a hypocrite! I have a personal aversion to makeup because I've had to wear so much of it for television and film and it irritates my skin. Moreover when I can see visible makeup on a man, ie, eye makeup and lipstick (gloss) it's such a major turn off.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The beauty of men is that they can look gorgeous without makeup.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't consider a fake tan makeup, but maybe I'm a hypocrite! I have a personal aversion to makeup because I've had to wear so much of it for television and film and it irritates my skin. Moreover when I can see visible makeup on a man, ie, eye makeup and lipstick (gloss) it's such a major turn off.

In rereading the thread the word subtle came up, if I can't see then I guess I don't know about it, but if you spend anytime face down on my pillow cases and it get loaded with makeup I'm not going to be too happy about it.
Frankly my morning regime consists of shaving, washing my face and cleansing with a toner and using a good moisture cream and applying sun block if I have to spend anymore time in front of the mirror I'm going to have to get up a half an hour earlier. I think the beauty sleep at this point takes care of it. Maybe when I as old as the OP I'll reconsider the issue!
:wink:

Wouldn't want to really - plus can't be bothered. :p Shaving and stuff already takes too long haha.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Context is everything. You cant go on TV without it. The bright lights wash out your face.
But for everyday use? Just wrong, with the exception of covering up a blemish with cover-up, or a busted pimple.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Make-up on men....ummmm....no. I think I'd have a stroke if I showed up to meet a guy and he had eye=liiner on. On a man you'd not be able to stop staring at it and wondering why he'd want to wear it. very distracting.

Outside of stage and screen where makeup is a necessity, I think it looks artificial and unattractive.

likes2seemore

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Once again, People always want other people to ,think like they do,look like they do,act like they do,believe like they do...any thing else is weird and just unacceptable! You do whats comfortable for you, and stop looking/worrying about what the other guy is doing. Everybody will be much more interesting and beautiful as an individual true to themself...so, if you like your eyeliner,WEAR IT WITH PRIDE!!