Men and makeup

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
In the heterosexual spectrum...
Women are prized for their reproductive health and physical beauty. Ergo, Women are seen as most attractive in their child bearing years and they strive to preserve that appearance, and make themselves seem more healthy and genetically ideal thru makeup and hair color.

Men are prized more for their attainments and abilities as providers, ergo women find even older men attractive who seem to carry that sense of self confidence and accomplishment and that have proven themselves to be good and true providers... ( also, men who can show some level of influence and power within their social strata )

Women have their power in a relationship in their youth... most men have to wait until their 40s to get that same sense of being at the peak of their "salablitlity".

Because men are traditionally valued for their character and work ethic more than their appearance, one of the greatest things about being a guy is that all you have to do is try an age 'well' to be seen as even more attractive with some gray and some wrinkles...
So- try not to let yourself go- ( which reflects on character ) Dress decently ( avoid t shirts and shorts every god damn place you go ) and keep up your dentistry and you do not have to bother with all the stupid hair products and dyes and concealers.

Such nonsense makes you look less confident, less manly, and too self centered.

It's one thing to play a role... ordinary skin tones often do not photograph all that well... ans if looking good on camera is your job... that's different...
But its another thing to present yourself that way in real life.

Sean Connery wore a lot of hairpieces in a lot of roles... and makeup to boot... but when he walked off set he left the toupe in the trailer and did not wear makeup.

Any man that LOOKS like he spends as much time on his hair as a girl is going to be seen as vain and superficial.
..Not attractive qualities in a man.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The only men who look good in makeup are trannys and drag queens. Even in films you are not supposed to notice that men are wearing make up.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Agreed! IMO, Makeup on your average man screams QUEEN if you aren't an actor.

Maybe it's just me but I can't even imagine why a guy that isn't a drag queen would want to be bothered w/it. I f'n hate to even shave and take that time. I can't imagine worrying about make-up. And what's more when and if u do start to wear it you can't stop b/c then folks would notice right away.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Any man that LOOKS like he spends as much time on his hair as a girl is going to be seen as vain and superficial.
..Not attractive qualities in a man.

.. may I take it one step further Phil?

"Not attractive qualities in anyone"

The only time I intentionally used makeup was once years ago when my friend David said "let's have a party and come as ourselves in the extreme".

We used eyeliner, eye shadow, blush, and mascara.

It was (I'll admit) an interesting turn out of friends.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Most mornings I'm too lazy to even bother with shaving. I see nothing wrong with using a little makeup to augment and highlight natural features, if that's what you're into. I just don't find it much of a turn-on. I even think the majority of women look best with no makeup at all, but i'm in the minority in that opinion.

briefs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Makeup can be important for guys that might need to conceal a temporary or permanent blemish or discoloration. It's easy to say "accept yourself as you are", but sometimes hard to do that in real life. There is makeup that can go unnoticed by almost everyone unless up close.
For fashion, I am completely comfortable with guy makeup.
For stage, screen and so forth, it is usually necessary.
For live entertainment it can be really fun.
That being said, I like being a water-and-towel type of guy, with all my assets and deficits on display. I'm rinsed but not obscured.

lpsg17

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I just do not think it is natural on a guy or needed. Makeup in general, less is more even on women.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If I want to have sex with a guy no makeup please.

Aesthetically I can appreciate it however. There's something about eyeliner that makes anyone (irrespective of gender) more interesting to look at.

I tried it once (twice?) and I must admit I liked how it made me look.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I know several men that wear bits of makeup here and there, and I think it's fine as long as it isn't obvious. My brother goes a bit heavy with the bronzer sometimes and he looks like a Ken doll. I don't like that look much. But then again, I don't like the fake look on a guy or a chick. :tongue: