Men - Ashamed Of Cock?

Glansman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
We live - theoretically - in an age of sexual equality but when it comes to sexuality itself there's one particular area where men are discriminated against - although they seem prepared to "go along" with this without complaint. Perhaps there's an element of fear about it.
Women are very breast-conscious. The majority of them select their wardrobe to display their mammaries to best advantage - either by straightforward revealing, or using fashion "devices" to draw the eye in that direction. Many thousands spend fortunes on having their breasts pumped up with silicone. I'm told that years ago they wore what were called "falsies" if they felt under-endowed to pack their bra's.
How VERY different it is with men. We go to great lengths (forgive the expression!) to secrete our cocks and balls - not emphasise them. It's as if we were ashamed about our masculine features.
At one time nearly all men wore briefs to pack their genitals tightly and avoid them swinging to and fro in their pants, particularly when trousers were really tight.
When briefs gave way substantially to boxers which would have allowed a certain degree of feedom to "swing" what happened? "Baggies" came in almost as if to offset the new advantage. So now we have jeans with the crotch down at the knees somewhere with plenty of loose material above serving to disguise the trim masculine shape. (If it's there!)
Watching performers in movies or on TV their pants very rarely give any hint of their masculine equiment. The fornt of the pants is always dead flat and straight with no clue as to what might be lurking away under there.
Is this the actors' self-imposed physique censorship, or are they instructed by the studios to make sure everything is strapped down firmly - presumably with jockstraps.
On the street, admittedly, there are those guys who actually dare to "freeball" without wearing anything under their outer clothing, proudly showing off their meat nd two veg in much the same way as their ancestors used to draw the eye to their crotch with the cod-piece.
Is the owning of a good length of cock and a pair of pigeon-egg balls an offence?
Why should we be ashamed of what we have?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You are comparing the flaunting of secondary sex characteristics to the flaunting of a primary one. Anyone can get a muscle shirt or a wife-beater and show off a sexy chest if he wants. Facial hair can be shaped, trimmed, and dyed.

Most women do not deliberately display a camel toe.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hmmm. For me, wearing underwear is by no means an act of hiding what I have or being ashamed. It is actually a matter of comfort. I get groin pains when I freeball (or rather, I did when I wore boxers). I wore Jockey bikini briefs as a young boy and quikcy found that they were too restricting; I have since settled on the boxer briefs by Jockey which I find to be extremely comfortable and sexy.

While my bulge can't be hidden, I don't go out of my way to show it off in my clothes either. My career has been spent teaching in front of special education students, many of whom had sexual issues, so modesty was best. If I wear a jock, square cut, or speedo, my package is going to be seen, so there is no use trying to "hide" it. Tight slacks and jeans have never been comfortable for me--too much ass and package. I buy baggy-cut jeans but do not wear them baggy--I wear my waist size so that they fit well and I have room to move. Clothes are made very slim fitted and , for me, these pants don't give me the range of motion I prefer.

I also think that our "masculine features" encompass more than just our penises and balls. I think I man can show his masculinity naturally but wearing a t-shirt or polo that shows his broad shouders, chest, belly/six-pack or by having the slightest bit of chest fur exposed. By wearing jeans that fit just so, or just by looking comfortable in his own skin.

My 10 Cents (my 2 cents is free).

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Interesting comments. I am neither "proud" nor "ashamed" of my cock - any more than I am proud or ashamed of my elbow or my hand or my eyelid. It's a body part, it's the one I've got, and it works just fine.

jared84

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BronxBombshell said:
You are comparing the flaunting of secondary sex characteristics to the flaunting of a primary one. Anyone can get a muscle shirt or a wife-beater and show off a sexy chest if he wants. Facial hair can be shaped, trimmed, and dyed.

Most women do not deliberately display a camel toe.
well said. i'm not "ashamed" of my junk but that doesn't mean i want everybody to be able to see it 24 hours a day. mystery is a good thing. :bukkake2:

not sure how female breasts = male penis for most people.

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, the equating breasts to penis does
not really help your argument but...I do
agree that...say female nudity in a movie,
no-one bats an eye, yet if they show a
man, it is a really big deal. I suppose it is
the fact that the penis and vagina are
direct opposites, the one being well hidden
in everyday life and the other...according
to societal norms is also supposed to be
'well-hidden'.

I love tight pants on men that show off
their booty and crotch. It's really hot but
I think some males are not even "into"
flaunting what they have...as Jared mentioned,
some guys prefer to leave a little to the
imagination.

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Although some have denigrated your post a bit for the comparison of the penis to breasts, I see where you are coming from there. They are both rather obvious sexual signals to which others respond. I'm not opposed to showing that I have the equipment, but I don't necessarily flaunt it either. I was freeballing the other day when we were out with some friends, and I got a hard-on while walking to the coffee shop. I have to say I was a bit self-conscious because I didn't really want people in the crowded place we were to see I was walking around with wood. I'm not ashamed of it, and I have enough length and girth to be a bit "cocky" so to speak, but it just wasn't what I wanted people to pay attention to about me.

Perhaps one reason we don't draw too much attention to our crotches as men is that the dick does as it pleases more often than not. I also concur with Lex because I, too, am in front of students all day, and I don't really want to draw attention to my crotch. That would be distracting.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Glansman said:
....How VERY different it is with men. We go to great lengths (forgive the expression!) to secrete our cocks and balls - not emphasise them. It's as if we were ashamed about our masculine features.
At one time nearly all men wore briefs to pack their genitals tightly and avoid them swinging to and fro in their pants, particularly when trousers were really tight.....?

I'm not quite sure why. I think Jared84 and Bronxy are probably about right but I do know it wasn't always that way :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codpiece or http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/codpiece.htm

Want to try and start a revival? :eek:

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
BronxBombshell is correct: the stigma relates to public display of genitals, not public display of physical appeal in general.

i also think you're incorrect about most women actively seeking to "show off" their breasts without any specific reason for doing so. for example, if a girl is going out on the town to pull guys, she'll wanna present herself to best advantage - but if she does the same thing in her workplace, it's usually frowned upon.

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Dr. Rock must be on meds today. I think this is the first post in a long time (if not forever) that wasn't an insult, an observation of stupidity, or a joke.

:smile:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dr Rock said:
...i also think you're incorrect about most women actively seeking to "show off" their breasts without any specific reason for doing so. for example, if a girl is going out on the town to pull guys, she'll wanna present herself to best advantage - but if she does the same thing in her workplace, it's usually frowned upon.

Yeah I'd go along with that, there's a parallel thread about freeballing in a suit. Each to their own but for me there's a time and a place...and If my memories of cricket as a kid I bet codpieces get pretty sweaty:tongue:

D

deleted3272

Like others said im not ashamed of what I have. I dont go out of my way to hide it or to flaunt it, i used to worry about it showing and being seen but now if figure if it does it does and if it dosent it dosent. But I have been told a few times that im too modest about what I have, but to me you shouldent make a big deal out of it. If im with a girl i want it to be for my personality not my package, if a guy is above average it should just be the Iceing on the cake so to speak. sort of an added bonus to an allready good person.

gg42

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Relates to some other threads - my theory - women are generally turned off by any peacock like display (except a fancy watch of course):smile: Go to hedo or similar and it's acceptable and fun. What about in a gay only crowd - is it considered poor form there as well?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
gg42 said:
...:smile: Go to hedo or similar and it's acceptable and fun. What about in a gay only crowd - is it considered poor form there as well?
Unfortunately, in my area, those aren't the important factors. If you are hideously ugly, have a 2-inch cock,and the personality of a Khmer Rouge general, all you have to do is show up at Cobalt driving a Miata, step into the bar wearing your Prada shoes, and flash a sizeable stash of crystal, and the boys will be cat-scratching each other to get to you. I'm lucky I found the love of my life before moving here.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
gg42 said:
Relates to some other threads - my theory - women are generally turned off by any peacock like display (except a fancy watch of course):smile: Go to hedo or similar and it's acceptable and fun. What about in a gay only crowd - is it considered poor form there as well?

If you're asking if it's more acceptable or less taboo to show off or flaunt it in an all-gay male setting, I'd have to say yes, at least in a lot of situations.

jared84

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
windtalkerways said:
Yes, the equating breasts to penis does
not really help your argument but...I do
agree that...say female nudity in a movie,
no-one bats an eye, yet if they show a
man, it is a really big deal.

thats true to some extent but i find that eventhough people arent phased so much by a topless woman a bottomless woman gets almost the same reaction as a bottomless man. breasts probably arent as big of a deal since there "there" for you to see all the time anyway.

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I believe that men are under as much pressure to conform to society's norms as women. If you don't look or act a certain way, you aren't a 'real' man or woman, and you aren't 'up to date'. We all have insecurities, and the fashion industry knows them (and exploits them). Little has really changed since the 'sexual revolution'.

I think some men (and some women) are uncomfortable with their bodies-- I was too at certain period of my life. To them, I say be proud of you and what you are; if others don't like the way the look or dress, tell them to get over themselves! As long as you are clean....

A few weeks ago, on a cold spring morning, a bosomy woman showed up at my workplace; she was wearing a skimpy blouse. I chuckled, and
one thought crossed my mind: I hope she doesn't get a chest cold.:biggrin1:

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
How very true.

jared84 said:
thats true to some extent but i find that eventhough people arent phased so much by a topless woman a bottomless woman gets almost the same reaction as a bottomless man. breasts probably arent as big of a deal since there "there" for you to see all the time anyway.