Men - Ashamed Of Cock?

KaiDog

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have to wear tighty whiteys because my glans penis (the head) is way too sensitive. Since my protective foreskin (it always comes back to that :wink: ) was lopped off I need to be careful. As a consequence of the tighty whiteys, my package is hidden. But I'm a grower so there's not much to show anyway unless I get aroused.

Edit: (to Glansman) I do agree with the messages of your post. Perhaps an example of the attitude you're trying to get across can be found in the book "The Naked Women" written by Desmond Morris? (You can look it up on Amazon.)

B_Jeff's Pole

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Glansman said:
We live - theoretically - in an age of sexual equality but when it comes to sexuality itself there's one particular area where men are discriminated against - although they seem prepared to "go along" with this without complaint. Perhaps there's an element of fear about it.
Women are very breast-conscious. The majority of them select their wardrobe to display their mammaries to best advantage - either by straightforward revealing, or using fashion "devices" to draw the eye in that direction. Many thousands spend fortunes on having their breasts pumped up with silicone. I'm told that years ago they wore what were called "falsies" if they felt under-endowed to pack their bra's.
How VERY different it is with men. We go to great lengths (forgive the expression!) to secrete our cocks and balls - not emphasise them. It's as if we were ashamed about our masculine features.
At one time nearly all men wore briefs to pack their genitals tightly and avoid them swinging to and fro in their pants, particularly when trousers were really tight.
When briefs gave way substantially to boxers which would have allowed a certain degree of feedom to "swing" what happened? "Baggies" came in almost as if to offset the new advantage. So now we have jeans with the crotch down at the knees somewhere with plenty of loose material above serving to disguise the trim masculine shape. (If it's there!)
Watching performers in movies or on TV their pants very rarely give any hint of their masculine equiment. The fornt of the pants is always dead flat and straight with no clue as to what might be lurking away under there.
Is this the actors' self-imposed physique censorship, or are they instructed by the studios to make sure everything is strapped down firmly - presumably with jockstraps.
On the street, admittedly, there are those guys who actually dare to "freeball" without wearing anything under their outer clothing, proudly showing off their meat nd two veg in much the same way as their ancestors used to draw the eye to their crotch with the cod-piece.
Is the owning of a good length of cock and a pair of pigeon-egg balls an offence?
Why should we be ashamed of what we have?

I read somewhere on this great site that in the last 20 or 30 years males in our society have become more aware of their general over-all attractiveness. I think with that realization guys are more conscious of being objectified, most especially by members of their own gender as well as by females. So it seems reasonable that guys are more cautious or uncomfortable showing their package.

oz_buff_guy

1st Like
Media
Backpacking around at the moment - soon appearing
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think that sometimes too much is made of gender differences.

Some women flaunt having large breasts sometimes (I take Dr Rock's point that it depends on the situation).

Same goes for guys, some guys flaunt having a large penis by what they wear soemtimes (speedos on a beach, cycling shorts, loose track pants).

Key words are some people and sometimes. Look and enjoy if you like, don't if you don't.

C

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Men never, ever should you be ashamed of your cock be it big or small. Its what you have and you should be proud of it.

As for 'public display' of it, its less offensive if you do try and keep it somewhat contained and undercontrol but by the same token i wouldnt expect any of you to go to great lenghts to try and hide it either. Its just a matter of whatever id comfortable and decscent for you

lordduzi

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think our society is ashamed of the male bulge. The latest Superman movie is an excellant example, they are are talking about slimming down Brandon Routh's package because the bulge is too big. When was the last time, they strapped down a woman's breast because they were too big. There was some comparison of the camel toe on women to the bulge in men, I don't think that is fair, from what I can see it takes skin tight clothes to make a camel toe, where skin tight clothes on a man would reveal the penis and possible balls.