Men become Boys when the women are away

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by WellHung83, Apr 19, 2007.

1. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've always noticed this when I'm around my mates and we are out in town or down at the pub or any place where basically it is just us boys and no wives, girfriends or indeed boyfriends are in the picture.
    We revert back to boyhood.
    By that, I mean that for some reason, when us as a group get together we all revert back to the buddy/buddy, boyish behaviour that would be considered immature or crude if viewed by females or indeed teenagers, but as a group we suddenly seem to let go of what is considered out 'adult' phase or way of thinking and just want to cut loose and live it up. Go binge drinking, skinny dipping while pissed off your arse, telephoning someone and leaving a prank message and so on and so on. And then the very next day we suddenly snap on our 'socially respectable' selves and grudgingly go back to what is percieved to be adult behavior.
    Does anyone agree with me, or is it just my group of mates ? Is it different to how women behave when they are alone with their girlfriends and away from the restricted roles that are mother, wife, girlfriend or mistress ?

2. doctorro

doctorro New Member

I agree, but from a different point of view. Under buddies (non sexual attracted persons, friend etc.) we dont have to think about our sexuality, which is putting our behavior into a cage. The only reason why we behave mature or grown in teen years is our instinct to get a catch/woman.

so if we can step out of this cage, we can live the child in us, without thinking about the next best hole.

its part of the never ending growing, that you recognize your behavoir as such one and sometimes you control it yourself, because of what ever.

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

In this case are adult men really acting immaturely or are youth acting like grown men?

4. ganja4me

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think it's like this as you get older you get more mature because you take on more responsibility and won't be able to deal with the responsibility properly without the maturity. Being immature can be fun though so when your with your friends and want to forget about your responsibilities for a little while and just have fun this is what you do. When you're a kid and don't have much responsibility it's so easy to have fun doing what you want. When you're older you can't always do that because you need to manage your life. People who never act a little immature seem like they aren't really having a good time and they bore me. Anyway, I think what you are talking about is perfectly normal and a good way to live your life.

5. Freddie53

Gold Member

That child is us is there forever if we let it out. Those adult behaviors that you referred to are learned behaviors such as that pin striped suit and tie that you despise but wear every day because it is "In the dress code."

I think also it is the real you coming out as well. Some mates get together and "the child in them gets out" but the things they do may be different.

Also it is male bonding which is good. About the ladies. They do it as well. There is nothing like being the only guy with a bunch of ladies. Only they don't restrict themselves as much such as if one has to go to the restroom they all go. Guys will do that on the hunt. One has to pee the whole group does. But in the business world, a group of men wouldn't go to the restroom as a group unless it was a business meeting and there was a 10 minute break and EVERYONE was going.

Except for the prank phone calls which involve other people, I see no harm in it. Actually it is probably good for men.

6. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

Nothing too complex here:

I am Mr. Serious 24/7. When I am amongst male friends, at worst we laugh at stupid things and stupid jokes, reflecting on past behavior as kids or teens, that sort of thing.

I have found, that women amongst women, will act as much, if not more juvenile than even men do.

Male or female, we all have brief, short-bus moments from time to time.

...OB

7. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

Exactly, male and female. When I'm together on my May getaway with my girls (10 days from now), it's nothing short of what you guys do on a beer-drenched buddy weekend. Probably that we do that for a week, but I guess that's a stamina issue. And I may put the remark here that we're all professionals, well-adjusted and with a military rank, ret. But there has to be this one week in a year where we can tap the valve fully, revel in old times, enjoy the pleasures of a skinny group dipping or chasing each other around the house naked, prowling bars, turning guys heads, tease guys and chicken out (or not), and generally make life a horror for anyone who tries to mess with us.

I think that's somehow cathartic. To me, it's more relaxing than any spa day, or week could ever be.

8. D_Coyne Toss

D_Coyne Toss New Member

My girlfirend or my mother do no restrict me at all, so when they are not around i do not feel the urge to do what they usually forbrid me.

Additionally I have no nostalgy for my teen years, I was happy then, but now I feel something was missing, and now those days are gone.

I do love getting out with my friends, talk to them, share ideas, thoughts between men, but I don't feel i go "back to basics".

Draft saved Draft deleted