Men Choosing Video Games Over Sex

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm in my mid-60s and will offer some unsolicited advice to the younger members of LPSG. NEVER pass-up pussy, especially to play video games. There will very likely come the day when your partner no longer "burns" for sex. And, if you still have a high sex drive as you age, you'll be spending a lot more time pleasuring yourself than enjoying sex with a partner.

For me, sex is MOST satisfying with a partner and when you and the partner both achieve orgasm. Certainly, solo sex satisfies an "itch" but at least for me, it never provides the emotional high of partnered sex.

So, put down that controller and get with it!
Generally good advice, but let me clue you in to a millenial(mid 30s) perspective of whats going on. Men aren't being approached nor seduced by their mates only to rebuke them with a stiff arm, controller in hand. Generally whats happening isnt actual missed sexual opportunities, but ignored sexual potential, In that many women are invested in a dynamic where they expect consistent efforts towards sexual intimacy they have no intention of fulfilling...Id postulate that in lot of these cases video games are just occupying a timeslot he wasn't getting laid anyway, which shouldn't be an issue but for the sexual attention his partner has become accustomed to, despite being unable or unwilling to attend to it all.

Reactions: malakos
D

deleted814719

Generally good advice, but let me clue you in to a millenial(mid 30s) perspective of whats going on. Men aren't being approached nor seduced by their mates only to rebuke them with a stiff arm, controller in hand. Generally whats happening isnt actual missed sexual opportunities, but ignored sexual potential, In that many women are invested in a dynamic where they expect consistent efforts towards sexual intimacy they have no intention of fulfilling...Id postulate that in lot of these cases video games are just occupying a timeslot he wasn't getting laid anyway, which shouldn't be an issue but for the sexual attention his partner has become accustomed to, despite being unable or unwilling to attend to it all.
Interesting. The notion that women are invested in a "dynamic where they expect consistent efforts towards sexual intimacy they have no intention of fulfilling" is likely correct and disappointing.

You can never get back those missed opportunities. I think Wayne Gretzky once said "you miss (don't score) 100% of the shots you don't take".

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can never get back those missed opportunities. I think Wayne Gretzky once said "you miss (don't score) 100% of the shots you don't take".
Lol Gretzky didnt have to deal with nets that would likely reject 50% of the shots he did take.
But again when you may be invested in the fruits and efforts of such a dynamic it would make sense to advertise the vastness of potential, while not necessarily being open and forthcoming with the scarcity of actual fulfillment.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
woman-asking-help-angry-upset-husband-boyfriend-plays-videogames-ignoring-her-young-attractive-women-61418339.jpg

Reactions: swingfun

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey a good question of Jeremy, I’m shocked.
Not a fair question games are just there available and addictive, woman take time to know each other let’s say 3 dates until sex that can measure generously as an hour.
If you are on a relationship you could have more frequent sex even once a day if lucky but with a good game you can easily double that time.
I don’t think anyone would refuse sex over a game if they say that they lie, they don’t refuse it they aren’t getting any that is different.

Reactions: ronin001

Acratopotes

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...In that many women are invested in a dynamic where they expect consistent efforts towards sexual intimacy they have no intention of fulfilling...

Are you talking of intimacy within a relationship, as a feeler for a potential relationship or as a pre-cursor to a one night stand?

From experience, primarily with my wife, I wonder if this is a kind of misunderstanding or a mismatch in the way the two sexes think. Certainly she enjoys attention even if it is not particularly intimate. She is also much more into hugs and kisses, even with the girls and other relatives, than I have ever been so, for her, there is definitely a kind of intimacy that is not sexual.

On the other hand for me, the most body contact I would be likely to have with someone that is not sexual is a handshake. Anything more than that and I start to get horny.

Like everything, there has to be a balance. We have reached the point where we don't have to do everything together and both pursue our own interests but there is time to be spent together maintaining a relationship on top of the time spent having sex.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Im talking about within the bounds of a relationship. I think within an average heteronormative couple; while men may be more likely to push for and inspire sexual activity, a lot of that stems from the euphoric tint offered by the overly relied upon ideas of romance, and responsive desire...that any and every time is a potential opportunity and so it would behoove him to act accordingly at all times( which typically means actions and attitudes that align with her subjective definition of amicability). Wherein men only capitalizing upon opportunities when their partners are obviously and outwardly receptive puts the onus on her and her ego on display.
Its a very common dynamic that I dont even think all women are aware they engage upon because I dont think it stems from a necessarily malevolent viewpoint, but a self serving one.

swingfun

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's a woman I work with that complains about this. Her husband (early 40s) wants to do nothing more than play video games. She is late 30s and said it would be nice to get a little attention from him from time to time. He recently got laid off from his job and is just collecting unemployment and coasting. I don't know if he just isn't interested or if his games are that entertaining or what. I suspect she's jealous of his games. If he doesn't wake up someone else will start paying attention to her.

Reactions: longstroke7

longstroke7

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had a year long affair with a married woman whose husband was addicted to video games. She would be over my place getting backshots with my thumb in her ass while he was at their home playing call of duty. I love a good video game but giving your woman love and affection is more important. Otherwise someone will fill that void.