Men don`t cry.

nicecircjob

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What's this "real man" BS anyway? Who has to prove they are a man? Maybe they are doubtful about their own manhood???
Yep, real men as well as women cry. Dang.

D_JuanAFock

Experimental Member
Media
Do men cry? Yes. Do men cry publicly? Probably not. I have gotten teary eyed from some movies/tv shows but I havent outright cried from them, I dont cry from pain, and I just generally dont cry in front of people. I am not trying to be a tough guy, I am always just the optimistic happy guy. I prefer to be the shoulder that is cried on than be the person that is crying. I let my sad emotions out when I am alone.

D_Richard Lugie

Account Disabled
Media
It shows that your weak, and that you can not compose yourself in public. I am not very young, but I used to cry a lot when i was younger. Knowing when and where to open up if you have to is part of maturing, nobody likes to see someone crying in public, especially a grown man. However yes everybody cries.

NEWREBA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It shows that your weak, and that you can not compose yourself in public. I am not very young, but I used to cry a lot when i was younger. Knowing when and where to open up if you have to is part of maturing, nobody likes to see someone crying in public, especially a grown man. However yes everybody cries.

IT does NOT show that you're weak. It shows that you are human! :mad:

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do men cry? Yes. Do men cry publicly? Probably not. I have gotten teary eyed from some movies/tv shows but I havent outright cried from them, I dont cry from pain, and I just generally dont cry in front of people. I am not trying to be a tough guy, I am always just the optimistic happy guy. I prefer to be the shoulder that is cried on than be the person that is crying. I let my sad emotions out when I am alone.
Oh, teary-eyed isn't counted as crying?

Hm... then I think the only time I truly cried in the past few years was when I found out my brother died... After a while, I was massively depressed but I don't recall crying, again.

I don't think I've ever cried in public (for this reason, my step-mom thought I was being heartless when she told me that her mom died... I didn't know how to respond to her accusation and I never did bring it up, again). But somewhat of a related story - every time I yawn, my eyes get watery and on more than one occasion has a friend asked if I was okay or why was I crying, haha.

D_Fizzy Cola Bottles

Experimental Member
Media
Men can cry but they shouldn't cry a lot, like too frequently. And they should have a good reason to cry. Tears are like money, don't spend frivolously. Men don't get swept up in emotion...

And they should cry alone. Not as a group thing and if possible not in front of a lot of people.

And they should wipe their eyes with their sleeves or fingers, not a hanky because that's kind of pathetic and making the whole thing too prim. And they should not cry over a lady no matter how deep they feel the love because that's kind of pathetic too.

And you know, men don't ride emotional roller coasters. They can shed tears over one solid emotion or perhaps be torn by two, but men don't get frazzled by a whole complex of feelings.

And real men shouldn't talk too much while they are crying--don't explain the whole thing, just cry silently and valiantly. Like a soldier in the chaos of the battlefield who can't see through all the gun smoke and has one leg bent and broken.

You know--men of glory have the right to cry.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I cry on a fairly regular basis. I'm kind of emotional.

Real men don't cry though when slicing onions.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think that the important difference between men and women in the matter of crying is that many women, perhaps most, but few men, will use tears, with or without conscious design, as a means of coercing or manipulating others, especially men.

Last edited:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There's nothing sexy about emotional constipation.

I agree. I'm in love with a man who can cry (we aren't together anymore, but that's another story). The fact that he could cry always moved me so much and made me love him so much more. He could cry for the pain of others, he just couldn't cry for himself. If he could have, maybe we would still be together.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Men can cry but they shouldn't cry a lot, like too frequently. And they should have a good reason to cry. Tears are like money, don't spend frivolously. Men don't get swept up in emotion...

And they should cry alone. Not as a group thing and if possible not in front of a lot of people.

And they should wipe their eyes with their sleeves or fingers, not a hanky because that's kind of pathetic and making the whole thing too prim. And they should not cry over a lady no matter how deep they feel the love because that's kind of pathetic too.

And you know, men don't ride emotional roller coasters. They can shed tears over one solid emotion or perhaps be torn by two, but men don't get frazzled by a whole complex of feelings.

And real men shouldn't talk too much while they are crying--don't explain the whole thing, just cry silently and valiantly. Like a soldier in the chaos of the battlefield who can't see through all the gun smoke and has one leg bent and broken.

You know--men of glory have the right to cry.

I really hope this is a joke post, otherwise I think your pops really fucked up your view of what is ok to do with your emotions. Most of this weirdness to display emotion is cultural and further carried on by our fathers. Men cry, women cry, everyone fucking cries.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Oh geez yes men cry. Crying is a result of emotion. There is a whole psychological aspect to it. Triggers in the brain, axons, dendrites and all that stuff. It is a healthy release and not just for children or women nor does it make men weak.

D_Fizzy Cola Bottles

Experimental Member
Media
I really hope this is a joke post, otherwise I think your pops really fucked up your view of what is ok to do with your emotions. Most of this weirdness to display emotion is cultural and further carried on by our fathers. Men cry, women cry, everyone fucking cries.

Part of what it means to be a man is being strong. Whether it's exhibiting physical strength or emotional fortitude, endurance in front of obstacles, stamina in life, courage, whatever. Men should be able to take the heat.

I'm not saying men should not cry ever. But they need a good reason to cry. What constitutes a good reason is open for discussion.

I, for instance, have had three harrowing experiences during which I thought I was surely going to die. And I'm VERY proud of the fact that I only broke down and cried during one of them, my first time. Nobody can take that away from me.

Yes, crying can be a sign of emotional health and healing. But NOT CRYING under duress can be a sign of health, courage, fortitude.

Why would anyone want to criticize a dude for not crying? :cool: