Men don`t cry.

B_doogie888

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know I'm probably feeding the beast here but how is that not sexist? Your saying that any man who shows emotion through tears is acting like a woman. And that this action makes him a "insert derogatory female body part". And that isn't sexist? You might want to have your engine checked, I don't think its firing on all cylinders.

A good characteristic for one sex is not always a good characteristic for another sex. That is not sexist, it's biology. You're approaching the point of saying "men and women are the same" which is just not true, physically and psychologically.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just had my youngest daughter's HS Graduation yesterday. She was valedictorian and had to write and give a speech at the ceremonies. Yes...I cried.

My oldest daughter is getting married in November...I think I'd better buy a box of tissues.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
Men don't cry. Right?

Actually, Luka... the song goes "Big Boys don't cry.... big boys don't cry"

(listen closely around the 2:00 marker) YouTube - ‪10 CC - I'm Not In Love‬‏

OR

YouTube - ‪Lucky Dube - Big Boys Don't Cry‬‏

OR

YouTube - ‪big boys dont cry‬‏ (my favorite)

OR

YouTube - ‪Nick Battle - "Big Boys Don't Cry"‬‏

I could keep going but I think you can see Luka... "Big boys don't cry"
:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

spoon

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<<<<<<<A good characteristic for one sex is not always a good characteristic for another sex. That is not sexist, it's biology. You're approaching the point of saying "men and women are the same" which is just not true, physically and psychologically>>>>>>>

"Sex versus Gender" yes there are biological differences between the 2 genders. Sex=Act.

A child is still a child. Children need love, and, support.

"Real Boys: Rescuing Our Sons From The Myths Of Boyhood" by William Pollack, PH. D a Harvard Clinical Psychologist.
An interesting book to check out.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Big girls don't cry either? They always twitted me with that song growing up. Then I'd get mad instead and whack 'em. Ah, the playground...

Secretly we all agree with Wally that adults are supposed to put a sock in it. But it's not meant to be at the cost of our sanity.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Big girls don't cry either? They always twitted me with that song growing up. Then I'd get mad instead and whack 'em. Ah, the playground...

unless The Iron Giant is on. everyone is allowed to cry at Disney Movies.
true facts.

and those Humane Society commercials

*wails*

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<<<<<<<A good characteristic for one sex is not always a good characteristic for another sex. That is not sexist, it's biology. You're approaching the point of saying "men and women are the same" which is just not true, physically and psychologically>>>>>>>

"Sex versus Gender" yes there are biological differences between the 2 genders. Sex=Act.

A child is still a child. Children need love, and, support.

"Real Boys: Rescuing Our Sons From The Myths Of Boyhood" by William Pollack, PH. D a Harvard Clinical Psychologist.
An interesting book to check out.
He used the word sex correctly. Sex is biological. Gender is a social construct.

B_Bjen2848

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
men can cry at funerals and after the philadelphia eagles win a superbowl in front of women and children

for any other reason in public, crying should be left for women and children, especially when trying to solve a problem because crying has never solved a problem ... ever

crying in front of a woman you're interested in on any issue other than the two mentioned above will make a woman as dry as a desert almost as fast as making her pay for the meal on a date and having no confidence

crying in front of a child makes you look weak

crying in front of other men makes you look weak to your competition

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
One of the most important lessons my dad ever taught me was not taught with harsh words, condmenation, anger, or a "hickory", "belt" or whatever.

One I was caught in a lie (well ok more than once) but this ONE time I was caught in a lie and didn't realize the dangers that could have occured because of my actions. My mother made me confess and tell my dad. (Oh I knew he would just kill me...the fear of Father!):scared2:

But when I told him I had lied and that in fact I had committed this act, he just looked at me and these big tears came to his eyes. He was truly heartbroken and he said quietly. I knew they were wrong! I KNEW it couldn't have been you, because I KNEW you would never put yourself or anyone else in danger that way. And he cried...and I cried.... (This was the FIRST time I'd ever seen my dad cry over anything.)

Did I think my dad was weak? No, sir. Not for one minute! I saw him as a human with real feelings. The only other time I remember him cryng was a few years later at his mother's funeral.

Yes... people cry! Some people are more emotional that others. Some can hide their feelings from the world, but cry secretly inside. Still.... they cry. For everything there is a season... a time to grieve.... (yes, this is a biblical quote, but a true valuable lesson in life.)

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Real men cry. Obviously there's a time and a place. But at the end of the day men cry on emotional grounds. Just as easily as women. When it comes to pure pain physically then yes men should just man up and show no fear.

I don't know about other males but I'm really receptive of other peoples feeling and emotions.

Last edited:

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media

Crying is an emotional response and it is medically not limited to any one group. Surprisingly mankind or humans are not the only species that cry either. Crying can be healthy or unhealthy depending on circumstances. A display of emotion to a justified situation is OK.

Psychological professionals familiar and well studied will advise that this emotional "safety valve" is a necessary thing.

There are people who simply cannot cry. I can tell you that breaking down under the right circumstances and venting is far better than holding it in and always "sucking it up".

As far as who or whom one chooses to cry in front of, I cannot speak to that. If the individual is a coniving individual male or female trying to break you down to gain an advantage over you, it may not be a good thing. If on the other hand the person is loving and supportive, then the answer may be different.

I am not good at crying. In all honesty I really wish that I was. If I were able to use this vent, and blow the emotion or stress out relieving the pressure valve it would not morph itself into long term stress from a situation.

In 1994 my Father died in a hospital bed in my arms. I could not cry then. In my lifetime I have buried a total of 54 people from complications of HIV. Two of these individuals were romantic interests and I was not able to cry and vent then. Over the years the combination of stress and a bacterium have given me the gift of ulcers twice. I can't help but think that if I had been able to vent this would not have happened. I have because of an inability to vent in this manner literally stressed myself into illness when my own immune system was compromised by that stress.

As far as men crying, I think based on my own experience I would have to side with those for crying and not with those opposed to it. It is a venting mechanism we have and when we psychologically train it out we can do damage to ourselves or our children.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah she's right, Sex is the term used by biologists to describe the physical differences between the sexes. Gender is a term used in culture to describe other concepts and also in linguistics to describe kinds of tenses. :smile:
That is more or less what the dictionary says.