Men don`t cry.

hungboy18

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm gay, so I don't know if I'm 100% male by some people's definition of what a men should be, I cry, but only if I'm furious or really hurt, I can't cry when I'm sad, only range and more negative feeling makes me really cry.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The Fox and the Hound? anyone? bueller bueller?

i dont remember crying though...

but on a side note, why do so many Disney moves start off with someone's parents being brutally shot to death?

,,,because Walt Disney was a mean old bastard. Of course very few people know this aspect of his twisted personality! :cool:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The Fox and the Hound? anyone? bueller bueller?

i dont remember crying though...

but on a side note, why do so many Disney moves start off with someones parents being brutally shot to death?

*sniffle* Copper's momma :cry:

I dont remember crying in old yeller, but I was still young. Havent seen the others.

Hachi: A Dog's Tale? Oh god, I cried :(

*netflix search*
the synopsis made me tear up.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
*sniffle* Copper's momma :cry:

*netflix search*
the synopsis made me tear up.
You will LOVE Hachi. It made my husband and I cry too. Usually, he only cries over demonstrations of extreme nationalism or patriotism in movies, but Hachi got him.

EDIT: He also cries over depictions of monumentally important scientific discovery. It is weird what will move my man to tears. He is pretty stoic about sad things, but sometimes they make his eyes glitter.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not a dude, but the very first time I remember crying over a movie was Bambi. My mother shielded me from movies that she thought would keep me awake at night until I was about 12. That is because when I was three or four, someone gave her a bootleg of Bambi for me to watch. I was traumatized by the death of Bambi's mother. My own mother was frying chicken when the screaming began. I remember her face when she realized how much her baby was suffering. In retrospect, I see guilt and fear. I refused to eat my chicken, and cried until I vomited. That was also the last time the VCR babysat me while my mother cooked.

Pinocchio was so sad and scary that I crawled under the seats in the stickiest theater I had ever been in.

As an adult I love the character designs of Bill Pete, and still love Disney movies. But I have to wonder if Walt was really just a sick sadist.

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I have just recovered from a mild heart attack and a bad case of pneumonia.
A breathing tube was inserted into my wind-pipe to aid my breathing which resulted in a week of panic trying to breathe. When the breathing tube was pulled, I cried for two days because the relief was so great to have that thing out of me. When it was pulled, it felt as though it was made of barbed-wire. I'm sure that my panic could be compared to water-boarding.

I am one of LPSG's older members.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A breathing tube was inserted into my wind-pipe to aid my breathing which resulted in a week of panic trying to breathe. When the breathing tube was pulled, I cried for two days because the relief was so great to have that thing out of me. When it was pulled, it felt as though it was made of barbed-wire. I'm sure that my panic could be compared to water-boarding.

:hug: hoping ya see easy days and continued healing, Stylung

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Get well soon!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i suspect you are trying to get me to peek at ya gallery... *peeks*

hmm if i was going by any measurement to determine steroid abuse i'd go by testicular mass and weight :tongue:

coachreffn

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The stories that Walt Disney based his films upon were far more violent than the films that he produced. Children's stories from the 19th and early 20th century were not pasteurized but violent, moral tales that were supposed to bring children to moral correctness. Disney's team sanitized these stories. Sure, I was horrified by Bambi's mother's death, Pinnochio on the island and swallowed by a whale, Ole Yeller's madness and death, Mufasa's murder by his brother, but I had parents who talked to me about the real issues and I grew up able to deal with life and death and not shielded from the fact that we all are challenged by struggle and one day we all will face death. Crying is an outlet in these films that children might need. Nothing sadistic or cruel about that.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Thanks for injecting some real life into this thread! And have a good recovery. :grouphug: