Men have shit for brains

Media
So I get told that I am pretty, cute, gorgeous whatever adjective you can say anything to replace good looking. Ok so if I am this and that why not just ask me out. Oh wait but you have miss super hottie hanging all over your arm then you tell me yeah you will find someone someday. Oh which btw treats you like shit then call me to complain. I don't want to listen.

Or I get the yeah let's just be friends you are pretty and all but I think we need to be friends. Stop telling me one thing that leads to another making me confused. I hate being left to ask "So are we dating? Do you like me?" I hate validating something then I am being left drawing a blank nowhere with no answer.

Oh and I love the "Why don't you have a boyfriend?" question. I hate this. If I am so damn pretty then just tell me something don't leave me looking stupid like you.

RANT RANT RANT. I am tearing my hair out over this. It's stressful when your girlfriends have a nice guy to go out with while there's an empty chair across from you in a restaurant. Just sit staring at your plate. I have nothing else but to be spiteful and hateful towards men now.

*breaths* wtf is up with this

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I imagine your situation is in no way unique. I would think clearly about what sort of guy you are looking for and then avoid guys who might float your boat but lack the qualities you really desire.
And remember that for every gal who thinks men are annoying for their complicated approach to relationships there are just as many men who have the 'i'll never understand women' attitude.
Eventually you will click with someone and the issues will dissolve....just keep looking around and if you wear it, dont waste your make-up on guys just out for fun unless you see it the same way.

blg3floor3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have to agree with you Crissy. It's particularly bad with those guys that are just naturally completely shameless flirts, and honestly don't realize it. I work with a guy like that and it's just like you describe. I can only wonder how many girls at work are thinking the same thing you are. Seriously, the same things you describe here, I see it from the other end. I ask him about it, I say "dude, you honestly have no idea how what you just said and did sounds like?" He genuinely has no idea how natural a flirt he is and what effect he's having on the minds of the girls he's saying all this stuff to.

Anyway, I think it's a good time to break out the "boys are stupid, throw rocks at them" shirt.

kewlkid75

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not all men are like this. Besides, women do men like this all the time. Don't you hate it when you are done this way, just eats at you don't it. Now you see how guys feel. Listen girlfriend, you are a nice looking woman, maybe, just maybe guys are not interested in dating you is because you may come off as a shallow person, with a shitty attitude. Then again you can intimidate a guy and he feels like you will just do the "DON'T TALK TO ME" routine and they just find another girl who would show some interest in them. Maybe you are a high maintenance kinda girl. Guys (some of them) don't like these type of women too much to deal with and nothing to show for it. THINK ABOUT IT.

Just relax and let things flow baby and you to can have a good time.:smile:

Media
I imagine your situation is in no way unique. I would think clearly about what sort of guy you are looking for and then avoid guys who might float your boat but lack the qualities you really desire.
And remember that for every gal who thinks men are annoying for their complicated approach to relationships there are just as many men who have the 'i'll never understand women' attitude.
Eventually you will click with someone and the issues will dissolve....just keep looking around and if you wear it, dont waste your make-up on guys just out for fun unless you see it the same way.

I know it's not unique in any way but I do take this to heart because I hate being ask why am I single at 21? never had a boyfriend. I just think I am an asshole magnet at times. It's like no amount of make up or clubbing or pretty wardrobes is going to fix the fact that I am single. Most women just tell me put more make up do this do that be yourself. Then when everything is going smoothly here comes someone who I think is like the right one for me and it ends up being a waste of time in my life. I really try to find someone out there I suffer from chronic loliness. I have no siblings just friends who enjoy spending time with their "other" so its like I want that too. But something is like no you don't get to enjoy that it's not for you :(

musclemonkey5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh I don't know Chrissy, I think you should work on identifying right off the guys who are just after one thing and the guys who won't click with you. That will leave about 1% of the population. Try them. Don't settle for guys with shit for brains is my advice. Punch them in the face.

musclemonkey5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I know it's not unique in any way but I do take this to heart because I hate being ask why am I single at 21? never had a boyfriend. I just think I am an asshole magnet at times. It's like no amount of make up or clubbing or pretty wardrobes is going to fix the fact that I am single. Most women just tell me put more make up do this do that be yourself. Then when everything is going smoothly here comes someone who I think is like the right one for me and it ends up being a waste of time in my life. I really try to find someone out there I suffer from chronic loliness. I have no siblings just friends who enjoy spending time with their "other" so its like I want that too. But something is like no you don't get to enjoy that it's not for you :(

I acctually have this same problem. I have a ton of girls after me who aren't really into my personality. The think is Chrissy, the people who actually like you don't know if you feel the same and will hide those feelings until they feel it is appropriate to express them. You just need to find a guy who you like and looks down to earth and start talking to him. See where it leads. Guys don't like YOU any more for wearing makeup, that just makes them like your body more. Some girls don't believe this, but there are really good guys who are not after one thing. That and don't go looking for guys at clubs ... :s (I don't understand how that makes sense)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So I get told that I am pretty, cute, gorgeous whatever adjective you can say anything to replace good looking. Ok so if I am this and that why not just ask me out.
I never figured that one out, I do know that it's annoying though.

Oh wait but you have miss super hottie hanging all over your arm then you tell me yeah you will find someone someday.
Oh which btw treats you like shit then call me to complain. I don't want to listen.[/QUOTE] You gotta put a stop to that and tell him why. :mad: That shit eats your soul. I know cause I have been there, done that. :frown1: :irked:

Or I get the yeah let's just be friends you are pretty and all but I think we need to be friends. Stop telling me one thing that leads to another making me confused. I hate being left to ask "So are we dating? Do you like me?"
Men who send mixed signals need to be shot. :yup: Being with them is like you are going 60 mph down the road then you come to a green stop sign.

Oh and I love the "Why don't you have a boyfriend?" question. I hate this.
Of course you hate it, it's a stupid question!:mad: They may as well ask you about the weather if they have nothing to say.

If I am so damn pretty then just tell me something don't leave me looking stupid like you.

RANT RANT RANT. I am tearing my hair out over this.
It's stressful when your girlfriends have a nice guy to go out with while there's an empty chair across from you in a restaurant. Just sit staring at your plate.
Oh honey don't do the third or 5th wheel thing. :eek: It's so bad for your chi! :frown1: Better to order in a pizza and watch re-runs of Trading Spaces and Real Housewives (Pick Your Fave City) I have nothing else but to be spiteful and hateful towards men now.

*breaths* wtf is up with this
:eek: Well Damn! If I were the type of girl that kept a diary I would think you had stolen mine. :tongue: You just described my life between the ages of of 21 and 33. :confused:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I really sympathise....your last comment is spot on how i've thought myself sometimes.

It is i would say considering your young age that you are mature as a woman and we all know that most females are more mature than their male peers....perhaps you should look for a slightly older guy than yourself?

blg3floor3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That and don't go looking for guys at clubs ... :s (I don't understand how that makes sense)

Well yeah, then there's that. I don't know about the girls that go to clubs and bars, but 99% of the guys that go to clubs and bars are only looking for some pussy, if they're going to be interacting with females. I don't think most guys go looking for real, genuine, lasting-relationship girlfriends at those places, unless those places totally define their life and who they are.

As for where to find that right person, I won't say the generic and retarded stuff people always tell someone in this kind of situation, because I hear it all the time myself :tongue:.

StraightDave

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"It's like no amount of make up or clubbing or pretty wardrobes is going to fix the fact that I am single. Most women just tell me put more make up do this do that be yourself."

If you're desiring a serious relationship, clubbing and barhopping and whatnot isn't going to be productive. And when a guy sees some girl dressed SUPER sexy, with makeup CAKED on her face, he doesn't think, "mmmmhhhh, girlfriend material!!!"

I'm slightly confused what your actual complaint is. Are you upset cuz the only guys who will date you end up being jerks or end up wanting to "just be friends". Or are you upset cuz your male friends send signals that they want something more, but then never pull the trigger on it?

"Ok so if I am this and that why not just ask me out."

How do they know YOU want that? How much flirting are you doing back with them? What signals are you sending?

And did you ever think of making the first move? Could be necessary if the guy doesn't pick up on the signals you're sending(which is likely, cuz most of us guys actually don't have big egos, it's abnormal for most of us to EVER pick up on a girl actually showing an attraction to us), perhaps you should be the one to ask to take things to the next level.

BTW, most of us just want to have fun. When we ask a girl out, that's what we're after. I'm not talking about sex either, even the guys who aren't ALL about the pussy(aka not the guys you meet in clubs) still just want to have a good time. We aren't stressing out over finding "the one". Dating shouldn't be a quest for a souldmate. It should be to hopefully have a fun time with the other person, that's it. Of course, the ultimate goal/hope would be that something rewarding and serious develops out of that. But that shouldn't be forced or even expected. People shouldn't make the mistake of getting ahead of themselves. Take it slow, have a good time. Maybe the male friends you start getting closer to sense that you're after something they're not entirely prepared for(committment stuff and whatnot).

Trouty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always wondered what that stuff leaking out of my ears was - now I know :biggrin:

Seriously though a common interest is a good starting place for a relationship (and I don't mean going to the same bar! :rolleyes:)

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh cry me a river!!!
You know, if I didnt know you were a girl, I'd swear a guy would have written your post. I know you are just venting so you get a free pass.

Those guys are not into you. They are just being nice. You are taking nice to be a mixed signal. Just think about what you have told guys you have turned down. The shoe is on the other foot.

And not to sound mean, but if you really looked liked your avatar, you would not have this issue. You would be the hot girl around the guy's arm telling another girl with low self esteem that someday she'll find someone if they just hang in there.

The reason I am being so blunt is because I have shit for brains, according to you.

Also, if you go where the sharks are, you will find sharks. Duh.

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's called speaking out of both sides of your mouth and he may want to but he cant because he's already with someone. Been there with a million women that say shit like that. Just horrible people in general really. Avoid men who do this.

Media
Oh cry me a river!!!
You know, if I didnt know you were a girl, I'd swear a guy would have written your post. I know you are just venting so you get a free pass.

Those guys are not into you. They are just being nice. You are taking nice to be a mixed signal. Just think about what you have told guys you have turned down. The shoe is on the other foot.

And not to sound mean, but if you really looked liked your avatar, you would not have this issue. You would be the hot girl around the guy's arm telling another girl with low self esteem that someday she'll find someone if they just hang in there.

The reason I am being so blunt is because I have shit for brains, according to you.

Also, if you go where the sharks are, you will find sharks. Duh.

Not even the full story... just mad still mad at 3am. Not even the first part of my story. Im just still mad have to deal with it 5 days a week at work.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not even the full story... just mad still mad at 3am. Not even the first part of my story. Im just still mad have to deal with it 5 days a week at work.
Please do tell.

But I discovered the problem. You said "at work". Work sucks, and that whole environment breeds hate, envy, backstabbing, and just about anything negative you could think of. The girls at work say... The girls are doing...

That is one reason why I leave my work life at work and dont mix it in with my social life. My quote about the sharks applies here even more. Work is where the sharks are. Especially in cubical land.

Change your venue and you may have better luck. But tell us the stories, PLEASE!!!!!:biggrin1::wink:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
he's just not into you.

you can be beautiful and kind but if you don't turn him on then you don't turn him on.

if this is something that happens a lot, are you sure you're not giving hose-beast vibes?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Are you saying that men have shit for brains, because this guy you fancy has a GF and won't dump her for you?

Just because someone pays you a compliment, doesn't mean they want to fall to their knees and profess undying love for you. Guys are trying to be nice when they do that. He is trying to be thoughtful, to give you an ego boost. Jeeze, when we don't compliment you we are assholes and when we do, we have shit for brains. Think about it.

Nice tits BTW.