Men In Flip Flops...Wrong?

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you!

I bought 6 pairs at 1.00 a pair in different colors. The only downside is the flip-flop tan line. I also have a pair of Ocean Pacific flip-flops that are a bit thicker than regular ones.

They make some now that have no straps on them. They have a sticky top and stick to the bottom of your feet so you don't get the tan line plus it looks like you are barefoot. I was going to buy some but just could not bring myself to pay the $45 for them.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
! :eek: Dude! Don't they have glamour dont's in Turkey? :confused: I know drag queens that wouldn't be caught dead in capri pants cause they think they are too girly. :tongue:All the hot people here wear them! Even str8's! I don't really understand the American hang-up about capri pants. Or many of their other so-call fashion faux pas.

The thing the hot guy is riding doesn't even have motor! And I shoot on sight anyone riding those scooters with a roof.

But duh! think about the damage you can do to your feet if you fall over. Road burn hurts! A lot! Been there done that. I put on boots and jeans to ride even the 5 kilometers to the yard. Then I change in to sandals and my sexy, butt hugging capri pants. :tongue:

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
.this has just grossed me out the last few seasons. Esp. hipster buisness men in suits wearing them b/c they think they're being hip and cool.
I don't really think it's that Hells...
I remember my mom telling me that when she worked in NYC in the 1950's, she (and all the working gals) would be walking from Port Authority to work and back in their high-heeled Joan Crawford come-fuck-me pumps. Then again, in those days, people used to "dress" to go to dinner & the theatre too.
Nowadays folks are more concerned with saving their feet. It's very common for white collar city professionals (male and female) to make the walk to and from the office in sneakers or sandals, and either carry their dress shoes or just keep them at work.
Perhaps that's the suit-and-sandals situation You saw (?)...

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't really think it's that Hells...
I remember my mom telling me that when she worked in NYC in the 1950's, she (and all the working gals) would be walking from Port Authority to work and back in their high-heeled Joan Crawford come-fuck-me pumps. Then again, in those days, people used to "dress" to go to dinner & the theatre too.
Nowadays folks are more concerned with saving their feet. It's very common for white collar city professionals (male and female) to make the walk to and from the office in sneakers or sandals, and either carry their dress shoes or just keep them at work.
Perhaps that's the suit-and-sandals situation You saw (?)...
No that was some loser who thot he was cool just to be wearing ff's in the height of the craze last summer. You see lotsa weid stuff in midtown tho. Yes I see secretaries all the time wearing pumas to work where they change into their work heels.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It really depends on what the person is wearing and the current weather. If he's wearing a casual pair of shorts and a t-shirt then I'm okay with the flip flops. But pants and flip flops just don't look good at all.

I had these Brazilian neighbours that would wear flip flops in the winter. In Canada.

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Jeff Foxworthy has a general rule to follow for wearing flip-flops.

If you have corns or bunions or crusty feet..... DON'T

I wear them all year long. I don't like my feet bound up in shoes or boots all the time so I wear and wear them out quite regularly. I have a pair of camo crocs that I really love but when they get wet they're not easy to wear.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like flip flops. In a business suit, no they don't work, so fashion sense is important. But casual wear ? Sure, they work and are preferable. Those nasty feet ? They got that way wearing shoes, not flip flops.

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
It's come to France too. You never saw anyone in flipflops in a city like Paris before, unless it was someone very eccentric, but over the past couple of years it has become pretty common, especially with young guys.

It's a bit like shorts: ten years ago almost no one would wear shorts in town, but it has become pretty common now in summer... and after the summer holidays, so people can show their tanned legs.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If your feet look like potatoes then perhaps another choice of footwear is in order.

NY, you do tickle me you know!...If your feet look like potatoes....LOL!

Some guys have really sexy feet.....but flip flops and a business suit!!! No..NO...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Aussies & Kiwis wear them
without 'fear nor favour'
(or something like that)
enz
-i thought flip flop had the other connotation transformer..?

prism

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Sock and sandals ONLY should be worn with a hawaian shirt, straw hat and fanny pack. Otherwise its just WRONG

lol

no, socks and sandals are wrong. PERIOD! :wink:

and my brand of choice is Havaianas :cool:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I bought 3 pairs of Teva Rincon Model 6150's about 10 years ago. I'm still wearing the first pair. They had the river rubber soles and in some spots have worn thru to the pad on the heels, But by that, they have just worn to the pad at the very back edge of the flip flop. Never imagined those would be so durable. At the time, Ross sold them for $ 10 a pair, so for $ 30 & tax, I wound up with 3 pairs,when $ 25-40 would've been what a single pair of Reef Brazil and the newer model of Teva's would've cost. I prefer the older model, they have a tougher deck and sole for durability with the heavier gauge and double layered nylon straps. Incredible durability.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
WoW' thats a buy T

Sure hope you outlive the other 2 pairs matey--i am HAPPY to take receipt of a pair?? hah
I have given more thought to the ole flip flop also
In New Zealand they have always been known as JANDALS..(pretty much we are the only country that named them that)
Something to do with Ja-from Japan .. and andals from Sandals..i Think it was.
They were made of very good quality rubber....then of course the el cheapo asian variety wiped the market out...probably about the 80s

The New Zealanders - Jandals - Te Ara Encyclopedia of New Zealand

--but no way were they as durable as you have described your items-
I think the Aussis primarily called them THONGs
So you can see .. we Aussies & Kiwis are a very clever inventive lot..?? haha .. NOT'
enz