Men In Flip Flops...Wrong?

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
WoW' thats a buy T

Sure hope you outlive the other 2 pairs matey--i am HAPPY to take receipt of a pair?? hah
I have given more thought to the ole flip flop also
In New Zealand they have always been known as JANDALS..(pretty much we are the only country that named them that)
Something to do with Ja-from Japan .. and andals from Sandals..i Think it was.
They were made of very good quality rubber....then of course the el cheapo asian variety wiped the market out...probably about the 80s

The New Zealanders - Jandals - Te Ara Encyclopedia of New Zealand

--but no way were they as durable as you have described your items-
I think the Aussis primarily called them THONGs
So you can see .. we Aussies & Kiwis are a very clever inventive lot..?? haha .. NOT'
enz

I'm not so worried about the nylon straps, but the rubber, like a set of tires, the potential for rubber to rot is there. Not like a tire that the heat from higher speeds will blow out the flip flop, but that the rubber becomes brittle where the nylon straps go into them, or they delaminate if that's possible with these ? The walking action tears them apart from the stress of the weight of me pulling on the rubber where the strap goes in.

Like those jandals, the one's with the rubber straps as they get older, pop thru the sole. Always had that problem as a kid with that construction/style. Until the Teva's, I upgraded to the cheaper chinese knockoffs of a Teva/Reef Brazil. I think they constructed these too well and the newer models I don't like as much, but perhaps with a squishier deck, maybe they are a bit more comfortable, even though they may not be as durable ?

Last edited:

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I bet alot of impoverished, barefoot people in rural courntries would KILL to have some flip-flops. ? dont underestimate their appeal or comfort in the summer....

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
re-thinking .. again
On my OE
I took a pair of Jandals
As i often do when sitting on Grass or especially Concrete
In Holland .. well i suppose i better call it The Netherlands
I was sitting on my Jandals --flip flops--in this square
and this beautiful Dutch Women .. of grandmotherly age
came riding up on her bicycle .. that had a wire basket in the front
took out an oldish pair of leather shoes .. and offered them to me'
Dear soul she was .. made me think of the hard times she probably spent in the war years
enz

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I once favored Tevas as sandals but have since switched to Chacos that offer more comfortable straps, better arch support, and longer lasting tread. I practically live in Chacos during summer.

Those Chacos do look comfy. And that they'd last as well. Some of the styles I preferred were pricier than I'd go for sandals though.

I like the flip flop style with the thong strap. I bought a cheap pair of the ones that had the nylon wrap and velcro fasteners before the Tevas. What a pita those were to put on and take off. Then the velcro wound up wearing out. At the end of the day, those chased me to the Tevas. Think I still have them some where, but I couldn't tell you where they are in this place ?

Being near Key West, there are sandal stores galore down there. As long as they aren't Birkenstocks (why not just get shoes ?)

Shoes, Sandals and Clogs | Birkenstock USA

The original Key West sandals are basic:

https://www.fsicatalog.com/KWSF/Items.aspx?hierId=men&disp=gallery

Still like these though:

REEF > GUYS > FOOTWEAR > SANDALS

I've heard great reviews regarding crocs:

Men's Sandals, Clogs, Flip-Flops and More From Crocs | Crocs.com

Media
your right its almost as if wearing shoes is not normal! guys wear flip flops all the time and walk everywhere in the city in them, falling out of them and some have dirty feet it looks gross and that's the trend, weird

Maruli

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I live in Florida, so flipflops are as normal as anything.
Now, the day our men start wearing boots, is the day I say "Wtf"?

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
well i'm in cali and ain't NOBODY gonna take away my flip flops !!! I own more flip flops than all my other types of shoes combined.

I wear them everywhere and with everything , even to weddings, they are the healthiest form of footwear you can own. smothering your feet with socks and shoes is what causes 99% of all foot problems. we were meant to run around barefoot people.

as far as falling out of them i have never had that problem i could run a mile and not lose one, maybe i'm just an "experienced user" U new yawkers might need more training is all.

PS: for work i wear timberland boots. it's a very green shoe company, everybody should support them.

Last edited:

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
well i'm in cali and ain't NOBODY gonna take away my flip flops !!! I own more flip flops than all my other types of shoes combined.

I wear them everywhere and with everything , even to weddings, they are the healthiest form of footwear you can own. smothering your feet with socks and shoes is what causes 99% of all foot problems. we were meant to run around barefoot people.

as far as falling out of them i have never had that problem i could run a mile and not lose one, maybe i'm just an "experienced user" U new yawkers might need more training is all.

PS: for work i wear timberland boots. it's a very green shoe company, everybody should support them.

Hope you have pretty, well groomed feet Thad?

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My feet may be ugly (or not), but I don't wear flip flops to show them off. I wear flip flops because during the summer it is hot, or rather, it isn't cold. Flip flops are convenient to put on, and they are more compact than shoes. All I ever do in my flip flops is walk in them, and maybe jog if I need to. And people have problems keeping them on? Maybe they have a fucked up walk, because keeping a flip flop on is easy.. All I can picture is someone doing it completely wrong like on those infomercials. Are you tired of not being able to use those frustrating scissors? *video of someone using scissors like infant chimp, then throwing it down to make frustrated hand gestures*
Seriously, they must have velcro shoes too. Tired of those frustrating and hard to use laces? You get my point.

Also, just don't look at my feet, yey.

D_lkjhgfdsa1234

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I make it a point to get a pedicure before the summer so I can wear flip flops. Having black toenails with fungus or hammertoes makes me feel uncomfortable showing my feet. I don't like seeing bad toes either if I see others wearing flip flops. Most men don't get pedicures and I would rather them keep their feet covered. Blah to hammertoes, fungus toenails, yellow toenails, ringworms, etc.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
My bf wears flip flops from May until October which somehow seemed fine in Ohio but when he comes to NYC I used to think it was ridiculous. But after nearly 6 years, I'm not only used to it, I've begun to do it myself. I used to do it only when I was on the way to the beach but now I've started to think, comfort, ease, and really, looks fine, so, so what?