Men in Speedos

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How many swam or continue to swim despite (or even because of) that attention?

I never swam competetively mostly because the attitudes of the jock crowd never appealed to me.

That said, I've been swimming for fitness regularly since high school. At first I was a bit self-conscious about packing myself into a speedo suit but the modesty soon wore off. After a while I began to enjoy receiving the second glances, the double takes, and the occasional wry grins or comments-under-the breath I get at poolside.

autumnbreeze4321

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I know that I'm in the minority of womwn, but I LOVE fit guys in speedos, especially when it lays to the side. I was one of the female managers of the wrestling team in high school, and loved guys in their singlets. Right before I graduated, boys stopped wearing jock straps or any type of support under their uniforms, and I notieced in both high school and college meets that that continues today!!

inofthearts

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I was a swimmer in highschool, and I tucked mine up underneath when I would wear a speedo. If I left everything in front it made a bulge like no one else had, so I just assumed that everyone tucked it up like that. It made my speedo almost completely flat in the front. It's kinda funny now that I think back on it. I still don't know if I'd have the balls (well, metaphorically) to walk around in a speedo with all my junk out in front where you can see the bulge...

Reactions: Clrwtrdlbud71-fl

DarkPhantom

Experimental Member
Media
For me it depends on what I'm doing, it's probably a very slim chance that someone ever gonna see me in speedos when I'm surfing.

That said, I rather put it to the side then straight up or down. :smile:

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have a question, but I always wanted to wear a speedo, but I have not one becuase of bulge, but second. I did not know what size to wear. Are you actually able to go and try on different speedo's at a store. I always thought it was a hygein issue?

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a question, but I always wanted to wear a speedo, but I have not one becuase of bulge, but second. I did not know what size to wear. Are you actually able to go and try on different speedo's at a store. I always thought it was a hygein issue?

I think that is the case in some states, (california?) but not where I have shopped, Florida, Washington, Alaska.

aquadude

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So, how many guys started swimming competitively, but quit because of the exposure and comments? How many wanted to swim, but didn't for fear of that sort of attention? How many swam or continue to swim despite (or even because of) that attention?
I swim because I love it, the fact that my dick is more obvious to others is irrelavent. If I was going to quit because my dick was visible in my speedo then that just meant that I didn't care about the sport enough. But I do have to say that the stares are kind of flattering every now and then, lol.

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

I was able to try on different sizes here (Missouri). I ended up wearing the largest size that still fit my waist. That way the material let me show more of a length than just a bulge smashed together.

jordanj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a grower so it's not really an issue to me. However, I was watching an old BBC film called The Two of Us about two gay lads who run away. There were lots of swimming pool scenes and one lad wore speedos and the other shorts. I looked at the guy in speedos and said "Aww" to myself. It was a bit like taking off GI Joe/Action Man's trousers to find a flat crotch. lol

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I swim because I love it, the fact that my dick is more obvious to others is irrelavent.
Excellent attitude!

But I do have to say that the stares are kind of flattering every now and then, lol.
I must confess that I stared at a young swimmer recently. I was not looking at him sexually at all, but I couldn't believe a guy so young (maybe 12 or 13?) had such a large penis showing already. He was wearing one of the long suits called "jammers," and it was even quite loose, but there was his penis showing quite clearly and largely. I do hope he too stays in the sport because he loves it, but I can imagine he is going to hear the comments and notice the stares eventually, if he hasn't already.

Interesting Variation
Something I've noticed a couple of times recently is the combination of sagging and Speedos. Some of the college aged guys wearing two suits wear the outer drag suit so that it sags below their butts. It looks rather provocative in a silly way.

Last edited:

Pierced1953

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
my small build made my package look bigger with speedos on, but I loved to swim and didn't care. I saw many large guys who also wore them. When you race the brief needs to be tight. If your big you put yout penis up or to the side just like ballet dancers.

CalmAndCreative

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Didn't swim in school, though I swam outside of school all the time. Body issues and the bulge were the reasons why. Looking back I should have done it. I looked just as good as most of the other guys and could fill out a speedo far better.

sleepiboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't think I typically would, but if I traveled somewhere and it was a common thing to wear at the beach or something, I would definitely wear some.

CalmAndCreative

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Generally when the water's cold (and it usually is) and the muscles are warmed up (which if you're really doing laps they are) things kinda shrink down a bit and it's not much of an issue.

When I'm out of the pool and feeling on display, I get this: (or variations there of)
511510-bulge.jpg

youllneed2hands

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I swam competitively starting in 7th grade through college. I had a tiny tiny penis until things change for the better in high school, I had a hard time getting over my small dick reputation from jr high. Things worked out though. And of course, college was a fresh start, as should b the case for any young man, right?. The thing bout swimmers is a speedo is a part of the culture; that and almost full body nudity. I highly recommend it. Snug speedo and all...I can still picture hanging out w the tean at the hot tube after a workout. Guys sitting on the edge of the tub, bulging out in red speedos. Not self concious at all. Girls in their red speedo racers, bush and nips in some view. The more worn the suit the better. Red is the most see threw color in a suit btw.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I swam competitively starting in 7th grade through college. I had a tiny tiny penis until things change for the better in high school, I had a hard time getting over my small dick reputation from jr high. Things worked out though. And of course, college was a fresh start, as should b the case for any young man, right?. The thing bout swimmers is a speedo is a part of the culture; that and almost full body nudity. I highly recommend it. Snug speedo and all...I can still picture hanging out w the tean at the hot tube after a workout. Guys sitting on the edge of the tub, bulging out in red speedos. Not self concious at all. Girls in their red speedo racers, bush and nips in some view. The more worn the suit the better. Red is the most see threw color in a suit btw.
Really?
Not white?

I like the post, though.
When I was a kid, speedo-type suits were the default choice.
And I won't say no one noticed the landscape underneath ... but there didn't seem to be any obsession.
It was more the attitude you still see in Europe.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My husband's not a swimmer, nor does he have a swimmer's build, but I thought he would look good in Speedos. He don't. I'm sorry, but from behind he looks fantastic and it made my blood boil. But from the front it looks like he's smuggling lemons.

Reactions: Rustyridge