Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
the evil of BOOBS!!!!
boobs exist only to corrupt otherwise morally upright young men!
to destroy homes!
cripple the US economy!

the only boobs allowed on ESPN are the ones in beer commercials.
is how the Good Lord intended the world to be.

same reason womangs can't go topless on the beach.

because women's bodies are more sexualized by the media/society.

the male athlete in various states of undress can be seen as sexual.. is more likely to be portrayed as powerful/enviable.

womangs in the same situation.. not so much :frown:
network spin would be titillation.

think Matt Lauer getting all lecherous on a semi-nude college basketball player.
ew. even worse.. a barely legal ice skater *shudder*

Jillang

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I guess it's just a double standard and not exactly fair but I think most, not all, women can act professionally around naked men but with men that's not so obvious? Honestly though if that was part of my job I'd still feel awkward but I'd still do it without complaining :)

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Perhaps many women would feel threatened by clothed men while in various states of undress, and perhaps men don't feel as vulnerable in the presence of clothed women while they are in those same states. Perhaps because it doesn't hamper a male reporter's career to be unable to get I to a women's locker room, but it for sure hampers a female reporter's career not to get into the men's room. Shed be scooped. There is also an imbalance in interest in male sports and female sports.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
what Ms. Altered said

do women reports do heaps of interviews in the womangs locker room?

cuz i don't think i've ever seen one.
:confused:

*doesn't watch heaps of sports on TV*

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seriously, do you think you could actually act professional in a women's dressing room? I'm not starting a battle of the sexes here, but if I were a reporter in a men's locker room the one inward struggle I would have is trying not to die from embarrassment. I think a man's inner struggle would entail much more, and I'll leave it at that.

Double-standard? Of course it is! Going on with what Ms. MickeyLee says, if there were equal reporting of sports of both sexes then I could say that breaching the female sanctuary would be appropriate fair play. But as it stands who watches, much less reports on the majority of women's sports?

Tactfulgal

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think there are a lot of double standards and this is 1 of them, and it's unfair. Actually, I personally think this issue was a bit of political correctness gone haywire. I don't think people should be required to allow the opposite sex in their locker room because I think people deserve a certain level of privacy and because I don't think everyone needs to be able to do everything everywhere.
That said, the real reason for the double standard is that men haven't tried. I'm pretty sure if a male reporter was kept out of a women's locker room and decided to sue, he'd win.

Last edited:

Reddhott

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think reporters should stay out of the locker rooms, period. I would hate somebody with a camera following me to the bathroom at work.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
espn clippie bout the first womangs in lockerroom.

iffin' i was a sports person i would opt for the washing sweaty bits without trying to answer questions/have a camera on me.