panthera

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
GoneA said:

my cross-dressing days are behind me...

plus, i don't turn blue :tongue:. although blue turns me on:biggrin1:

Bet you just can't wait for X-Men3. Mystique...
(Me, I'm waiting for Wolverine...thanks be to the goddess that the days of shaved breasts are over and gone.)

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dear BronxBombshell.

I will never understand how some men can be so crude and think they will get a positive reaction from a beautiful girl. You certainly deserve better.

A lot better.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Webster said:
and think they will get a positive reaction from a beautiful girl.

well, that's just it ... he wasn't expecting a positive reaction. quite the opposite, actually.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Max said:
First: The percentage of posts here which might actually offer any help or advice or exchange of views to those dealing with a large penis (whether as owner or partner) has declined steadily, sometimes almost to vanishing point, so that anyone seeking any answers or suggestions for a problem would probably have to spend half a lifetime wading through a lot of other stuff. That includes the hook-up invitations which have to be a constant factor here; but a whole lot else besides.

Certainly a good point, as this thread itself demonstrates fairly conclusively. It doesn't take long for the typical thread to degenerate to a bunch of guys blowing kisses to each other. Once you take out that stuff, and the guys who feel obligated to slobber over every woman who makes even the most trivial post, and the tacky pickup crap, and the rude highschool level snark which commonly passes for wit, there sure isn't much left. I think I've read one post on this forum which I considered both coherent and thoughtful (posted by one of the militantly gay guys, I think), and which I also found useful (as in, could be described by that alien concept "support"). Does that make it all worthwhile? Maybe, but I sure had to plow through a lot of dross to find it.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Max said:
My post was vague, I agree, and it was reasonable to ask for clarification.

Reasons for what I said:

First: The percentage of posts here which might actually offer any help or advice or exchange of views to those dealing with a large penis (whether as owner or partner) has declined steadily, sometimes almost to vanishing point, so that anyone seeking any answers or suggestions for a problem would probably have to spend half a lifetime wading through a lot of other stuff. That includes the hook-up invitations which have to be a constant factor here; but a whole lot else besides.

Second: These days anyone with any sort of other life has to pick and choose which threads to open. I saw a thread addressed to the men of lpsg, I opened it (thinking that it included me) and ended up wasting my time reading a rant. Hence my outburst of ill temper.

Max---I 100% agree with what you said. I have chosen to not repeatedly respond to posts which addresss subjects that have been discussed numerous times before (Lord knows there are those who will hold you in contempt for any inconsistent answers, anyways). Also, with all of the moves the site has made, I have found it impoosible to unearth older threads in order to link to them from more recent discussions.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
big dirigible said:
Certainly a good point, as this thread itself demonstrates fairly conclusively. It doesn't take long for the typical thread to degenerate to a bunch of guys blowing kisses to each other. Once you take out that stuff, and the guys who feel obligated to slobber over every woman who makes even the most trivial post, and the tacky pickup crap, and the rude highschool level snark which commonly passes for wit, there sure isn't much left. I think I've read one post on this forum which I considered both coherent and thoughtful (posted by one of the militantly gay guys, I think), and which I also found useful (as in, could be described by that alien concept "support"). Does that make it all worthwhile? Maybe, but I sure had to plow through a lot of dross to find it.
If you were around longer, you would be able to tell that I (since I obviously exhibited what you perceived as these behaviors) am neither trying to pick up Bronx or Zora (or HickBoy for that matter). What you perceive as blown kisses may just be people's way of saying--"hey, I like and appreciate your participation here." Nothing more. Could it be more? Of course, it could.

If you know of a message board where threads stay on topic, please hyperlink me to it. The silliness is part and parcel on Internet Fora, IMO. From being a moderator on two other sites with very different foci, I can say that the only way to keep a thread of topic is to post in it, asking more questions about the original topic (or subsequent responses). At least, those have been my experiences.

I have personally attempted to start discussions on Bisexuality, Feeling Different (everywhere and nowhere), coming out, and labels. They invoked some very thoughtful responses. There is a core group of people here who will give a deep dicussion their all if you take time to ask questions. Again, just my experiences.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
If you were around longer, you would be able to tell that I (since I obviously exhibited what you perceived as these behaviors) am neither trying to pick up Bronx or Zora (or HickBoy for that matter). What you perceive as blown kisses may just be people's way of saying--"hey, I like and appreciate your participation here." Nothing more. Could it be more? Of course, it could.

If you know of a message board where threads stay on topic, please hyperlink me to it. The silliness is part and parcel on Internet Fora, IMO. From being a moderator on two other sites with very different foci, I can say that the only way to keep a thread of topic is to post in it, asking more questions about the original topic (or subsequent responses). At least, those have been my experiences.

I have personally attempted to start discussions on Bisexuality, Feeling Different (everywhere and nowhere), coming out, and labels. They invoked some very thoughtful responses. There is a core group of people here who will give a deep dicussion their all if you take time to ask questions. Again, just my experiences.

I have started a relevant thread about this phenomenon I've seen on this board over and over of LPSGers from back in the day bellyaching about how different this place was. It's in the Etc, etc section, and the title is The important role of the crybaby... or something like that.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BronxBombshell said:
I have started a relevant thread about this phenomenon I've seen on this board over and over of LPSGers from back in the day bellyaching about how different this place was. It's in the Etc, etc section, and the title is The important role of the crybaby... or something like that.
BB, every single one of your posts that I have read so far are eloquent, elegant, direct, insightful, and beautifully written. It is obvious what's between your ears. Please don't let the puerile few discourage you, just keep going, flame if necessary, and make liberal use of the ignore button for those who insist upon trolling at you. I guess I'm just lucky, only one person on the board has ever pestered me with PMs asking for sex... when I told him "OK, look, dude, I don't have the 14" cock you are looking for" he got "politely rude" with me. It takes all kinds. I understand that an attractive intelligent woman invites more trolls than I do, but keep in mind that there are some of us around here who have begun to look forward to your posts. Keep 'em comin', babe!

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just want to thank all of you who came to this thread with kind and encouraging words. It was my intention to respond to you all individually, but since I was out all day and half the night, and since during that time there was such an overwhelming display of unity and support, this general post is all I can manage. Thank you so much. And don't worry, there was never any danger that I was going to ever shut up!:smile:

panthera

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I guess there will always be men who really think every woman is just waiting to be swept of their feet by them...it's just their hard-wiring. If I were a woman it would annoy the hell out of me, but then, what do I know? Maybe there are really women out there who like things that way.
I, personally, prefer women who have something to say - and that's what I like about BB.
Come to think of it, most of the heavyduty, well-considered writing in this group comes from the women.
As for the kisses and lovey-dovey-off-topic-stuff. My heavens, if I wanted a serious, down to earth analysis of every aspect of each word (what did you really mean when you said "good morning" this morning?), regardless of how irrelevant, I wouldn't be here.
I like the way folks tease each other, snark at each other and very much try to help each other here.
Ok, maybe it was overboard, that recipie for banana bread right in the middle of a discussion on vertical or horizontal flaps on boxer briefs.
I appologize for not taking it seriously, ok?
Of course this group is going to hell on rollerskates. That is just the way things are - remember that speech in the SPQR just the other day about the youth of today being so bad? If things keep on this way, civilisation must surely fall. Max, et al. if you want things to be useful, then contribute more. Us young 'uns just need discipline.
Hmm, discipline. Cat o'nine tails, spiky heels, leather...

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
BronxBombshell said:
I just want to thank all of you who came to this thread with kind and encouraging words. It was my intention to respond to you all individually, but since I was out all day and half the night, and since during that time there was such an overwhelming display of unity and support, this general post is all I can manage. Thank you so much. And don't worry, there was never any danger that I was going to ever shut up!:smile:

:biggrin1::biggrin1:

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
If you were around longer, you would be able to tell that I (since I obviously exhibited what you perceived as these behaviors) am neither trying to pick up Bronx or Zora (or HickBoy for that matter).

Implying that you're doing it just to make noise? You can do better. As I recall, the only really worthwhile post - the one I cited - I think was one of yours. (This is not to be taken as an endorsement of your sartorial sense, of course.)

The problem with blowing kisses is that it's uninteresting to anybody else, which makes it supremely selfish, and an automatic thread hijack - "see, it really is all about me!". That crap is what PMs are for. It's like watching a New York theater production which consists entirely of "in" jokes, designed to show only how cool the author and one or two of his friends are. Is that what this forum is about? Max seems to think it's decayed to that point. He may be right, I don't know yet.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
panthera said:
Come to think of it, most of the heavyduty, well-considered writing in this group comes from the women.

Must have been before my day. The most insightful posts I've read have been from some of the gay guys (or so it says in their profiles, none of which can be trusted). On the other hand, they do more than their share of vapid kiss-blowing, too. Gotta take the bad with the good, perhaps.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
panthera said:
Max, et al. if you want things to be useful, then contribute more.

I suppose I aim to contribute where (and only where) I think I might have something of value to say. Not a bad principle I would have thought. Especially as there are people out there who need the advice and support the board has always aimed to offer in a very particular field.

Usually I manage to ignore the rest of the stuff so eloquently described by big dirigible ... but as you can tell something about this thread got under my skin — which is probably my problem rather than anyone else's — and I broke my own rules and posted. I wish I hadn't. And I'm usually an equable sort of a bloke.

But I might risk reversing your plea, Panthera, and suggest that lpsg.org could be ten times better with only one tenth of the posts.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
big dirigible said:
The problem with blowing kisses is that it's uninteresting to anybody else, which makes it supremely selfish, and an automatic thread hijack - "see, it really is all about me!". That crap is what PMs are for. It's like watching a New York theater production which consists entirely of "in" jokes, designed to show only how cool the author and one or two of his friends are. Is that what this forum is about? Max seems to think it's decayed to that point. He may be right, I don't know yet.
Dunno, Big D. I'm a bit more sanguine about the kiss-blowing and in-jokery. We discuss a lot of personal things on this board. The spoken scribble is part of getting to know each other and being comfortable in each other's company.

Think about a firehouse. As they wait for the alarm to sound, I guarantee that the vast majority of the conversation amongst firemen is NOT about fire. But when the alarm sounds, the focus is immediate and skilled.

If the idle chatter starts getting in the way of a response to someone in need, that's a different story. There are some kinds of conversation that clearly interfere with our ability to support each other. Trolls, homophobia, racism and sexism cause us to lose trust in each other. Such posters are warned, and if necessary, banned.

Leaving innocent flirtation aside, hookups are another matter. I'd like to think that I can share intimate details of my life without it exciting sexual predation. The forum is set up in a very responsible way to address this--Your local LPSG lets those who wish to set up a liason, do it discreetly.

(Alas, we may never eliminate it completely. I have no pictures in the gallery, use non-sexual avatars, and my posts make it clear that I'm not on the market. Yet even I get PMs. I seem to be extremely arousing to middle aged straight-but bi-curious couples in New Jersey. And there are more of them than you think.)

It could be argued that we ought to stick more to actual, practical solutions to problems. But there's a good deal of value to shooting the breeze about things that aren't problems per se, but...well, you just can't talk about elsewhere. It makes me feel a lot better when I can say, "Gee, you too?"

One of the reasons I felt I could trust the people here, was the intelligence and good grace of the (how can I put it?) non-genital discussion. I would hate to cut it down too much.

That said, could we make it a bit easier for us to respond to the urgent call of a genuine soul in need? Like quarantining the air-kisses to Etcetra Etcetera, or Meet and Greet. And being kinder with people who raise topics that heve been covered--I find rehashing old threads actually brings up new information. It wasn't until the topic which brought me here was raised for the third time that I found the solution to it which I use now.

How we police this is another matter...

For better or worse--and I think for the better--the focus of this forum is not just on big dicks. It's how we deal with the sometimes troublesome business of being a man; celebrating our power, potency and natural gifts without recklessness, shame, or false pride. There's no other place on the net quite like it.

I notice that this is my 500th post on this forum, all written over the course of three or four years. Among these posts, I have done more than my fair share of talking scribble, and from time to time, might have done some good. Many of us believe in the power and purpose of this place. If we maintain our ability to respond to men and women negotiating the issues that come from men's sexual gifts, we'll digest the influx of newcomers, discourage trolls, and things will settle down, as they have in the past.

Love ya,

HB8

EnglishGentleman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for that post HB8. You've just summed up the reasons why I just joined this forum.

The point you make about kiss-blowing etc. is bang on. Few genuine people would feel comfortable opening themselves up to others if it felt too clinical. The jokes and asides help build a community instead of what could be a bulletin board.

I've only just discovered LPSG and I've engaged in debates on varying topics all of which have been intellectually fulfilling, either by being informative or just entertaining if not both. I like this forum and respect many of the people on it already.

God Bless LPSG and all who sail the seas of comment in her!

Reactions: headbang8

panthera

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
GoneA said:
i think everything in our power should be done to round them up and then kill them. everyone.
kill whom? and how do you kill the un-born? trolls are hatched from eggs, aren't they?